Options

PJ songs in C, D and G?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
edited March 2009 in The Porch
I'm trying to learn how to play guitar... and I suck at it for the moment. I've just learnt theese three chords and is kind of getting the hang of how to switch between them.

So are there any PJ songs that uses theese chords, or are all their songs using weird chords I will never learn? :)
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Throw in an Em chord and you got Small Town. Eddie songs are all very simple. Drifting is just G-C-D, except it is tunes 1/2 step down. If you know Am, then you can play the chorus to I Am Mine. Wishlist is very simple and uses open chords, and Long Road is basically just a D chord for the verses and then other open chords for the chorus.
  • Options
    sce675sce675 Posts: 7
    The chorus for Porch uses the G chord.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    last kiss is just: G Em C D
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Learn your open E. It's really easy.

How do you play your open G? Not everyone will agree but I find if you learn the G using the pinky, ring, and middle it will lend itself to easier transitions. It's a bit difficult in the beginning but well worth the effort.

Alive chorus is E G D A

Good Luck!!!!!!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Dont learn open chords til ye know what yer doing!!

these are roughly the chords but youll figure them out if you learn the chords well and listen to the songs good and hard.
    Long Road is D, G, Em, C
    Small Town is D, C(diminished, or somethin) G, Em
    Wishlist is C, F, G

this place is great for learning Pj
    http://giventowail.com/

also dig around on the musicians forum here or out on google..it's all out there..Pj are fairly simple when it comes to guitar, especially Ed's songs. ( Not a bad thing, good infact)

best of luck.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Look up the tabs for Not For You.. very easy..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    if you can learn an F chord, and pick up a little fingerpicking, you can play "Guaranteed" pretty easily. it's the same fingerpicking pattern pretty much all the way through. my girlfriend always asks me to play that whenever i'm playing guitar :D
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    tubes10s wrote:
    if you can learn an F chord, and pick up a little fingerpicking, you can play "Guaranteed" pretty easily. it's the same fingerpicking pattern pretty much all the way through. my girlfriend always asks me to play that whenever i'm playing guitar :D

What site do you find most reliable for tabs?
  • Options
    not for menot for me Posts: 121
    5882300 wrote:
    tubes10s wrote:

www.ultimate-guitar.com usually has accurate tabs. That's what I use.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    not for me wrote:
    5882300 wrote:
    tubes10s wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com usually has accurate tabs. That's what I use.

no site compares to giventowail.com
  • Options
    What site do you find most reliable for tabs?[/quote]
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com usually has accurate tabs. That's what I use.[/quote]

no site compares to giventowail.com[/quote]

Use them both already thanks!