Options

Which reissue are you NOT excited about?

goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,325
edited March 2009 in The Porch
Before I start - this is NOT a ngative thread! I was just wondering if there were any reissues that people aren't particularly that psyched about? I love the Ten Special Edition and I can't wait for Yield and Vitalogy, but as I can't remember the last time I played Vs it's really not an important one for me.

Not counting the beautiful Ten SE that i now cherish, here's the order that I'm looking forward to the rest:

1. Vitalogy
2. Yield
3. No Code
4. Pearl Jam
5. Binaural
6. Riot Act
7. Vs

and how about a reissue of Lost Dogs with all of the Christmas singles on a bonus album?!
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    My order is the same they will be coming out in.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    i hear talks there wont be an avocado one since it wasn't released by sony. but for argument's sake i'll put it in my list from most excited to least ;) and what happened to binaural?! do you hate it THAT much?! :shock:

1) riot act
    2) no code
    3) yield
    4) binaural
    5) vs
    6) vitalogy
    7) avocado

*NOTE* numbers 3 and 4 are close together as well as not far behind number 2, i love those albums!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    I'm probably least interested in a binaural reissue. I'm pretty sure LD took care of any potential bonus tracks that would be worth listening to. And I don't think there's too much remixing that could be done due the the binaural recording process. So, nothing short of an alternate take to Grievance would interest me that much.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,325
    i hear talks there wont be an avocado one since it wasn't released by sony. but for argument's sake i'll put it in my list from most excited to least ;) and what happened to binaural?! do you hate it THAT much?! :shock:

ha ha! I completely forgot about Binaural. I've edited my post now - thanks for pointing out my stupidity! I'm in work and it's been a looooooooong ass day!
    I heard the Avocado rumour too but I figured that, as long as I was hinting for a Lost Dogs one, why not include them all!

I was also wondering whether PJ would consider doing a Rearviewmirror Redux? Not a remix but a complete rerecording like Cracker did with their Greatest Hits Redux a few years back. Given how much the band's sound and Ed's voice has changed over the years it would be cool to hear new studio versions of the singles/hits/whatever with Matt and Boom.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Honestly, Ten is the only one I was actually excited for. Ten was the only one where I love most of the songs, but couldn't really get into the album. The others, either I still listen to the album easily, or don't care to.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    simmosimmo Posts: 32
    From the interviews i"ve heard & read with the band TEN was the album the band most wanted to alter.
    I get the impression that as with most bands about to sign their first deal they were lead by the nose a bit.dictated too by the record company,sound not as raw as they would like,a purple cover,now black.
    Personally i think TEN is the only 1 that needed remixing,PJ would have had a lot input after it"s success,in chooseing producers & dictating how things went.
    So for me anymore re realises would just be cashing in by the record company
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    simmo wrote:
    From the interviews i"ve heard & read with the band TEN was the album the band most wanted to alter.
    I get the impression that as with most bands about to sign their first deal they were lead by the nose a bit.dictated too by the record company,sound not as raw as they would like,a purple cover,now black.
    Personally i think TEN is the only 1 that needed remixing,PJ would have had a lot input after it"s success,in chooseing producers & dictating how things went.
    So for me anymore re realises would just be cashing in by the record company

istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Binaural could use a remix. That's it.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    goldrush wrote:
    Before I start - this is NOT a ngative thread! I was just wondering if there were any reissues that people aren't particularly that psyched about? I love the Ten Special Edition and I can't wait for Yield and Vitalogy, but as I can't remember the last time I played Vs it's really not an important one for me.

Not counting the beautiful Ten SE that i now cherish, here's the order that I'm looking forward to the rest:

1. Vitalogy
    2. Yield
    3. No Code
    4. Pearl Jam
    5. Binaural
    6. Riot Act
    7. Vs

and how about a reissue of Lost Dogs with all of the Christmas singles on a bonus album?!

stop blogging.
    turn off your computer
    go listen to vs
  • Options
    simmosimmo Posts: 32
    Im doing that right now,sounds pretty raw to me,dont see what could be done.
    Ed"s vocals not drowned out,clear tight snare,clarity on the guitars,could lose the harmonies on glorified g.
    Wah wah guitar on WMA, funky bass on rats,sing a long on elderly woman,covers the specurum for me.
    What do you think could be done?
  • Options
    I will be least excited for Creed's "Human Clay" reissue ;)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
    I will be least excited for Creed's "Human Clay" reissue ;)

well said! :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    edited March 2009
    I don't think we we'll see any more remixes. Maybe remastered older albulms. But from now on I think it will be a CD, viynl, and maybe a live show or DVD with some memorabilia from those years.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    why can't we just enjoy the moment? i am reveling in this fucking sde--it's made so lovingly! gives me goosebumps.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    simmo wrote:
    Im doing that right now,sounds pretty raw to me,dont see what could be done.
    Ed"s vocals not drowned out,clear tight snare,clarity on the guitars,could lose the harmonies on glorified g.
    Wah wah guitar on WMA, funky bass on rats,sing a long on elderly woman,covers the specurum for me.
    What do you think could be done?

notta
    love it
    fave "angrier" album
    vs or no code? vs or no code?..
    some reason cant stop listening to dissident
    that riff sums up the feeling of the album for me
    too much coffee