Options

couple questions

thevariantthevariant Posts: 9
edited March 2009 in The Porch
Hey everyone,

First post in a long while, and under a new name... so hello!

I am picking up the CD 2 disc on Tuesday (can't buy the more expensive versions, money low for me now)... and although I have heard Brother, Just a Girl, and "Goat"... I was curious about a couple things.

Since Just a Girl was only a demo (could be wrong of course) is this a new recording? Or at least a different recording than the one that is out there?

Same with Evil Little Goat, is it the same as the song leaked Goat?

And just what is 2,000 Mile Blues?

And off topic for this post, but I am still curious, what were the b-sides for Riot Act (which is my favorite PJ album although many on here do not like it much) and were any demoes ever leaked?

Thanks everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    1. Re: Girl, not sure exactly what you mean by already "out there" but I'll tell you this seems to sound virtually the same as a version I picked up a few years ago. It's definitely not a new recording. It sounds like an old version that's probably just been cleaned up a little bit.

2. Re: Goat. This is the same version that was on Five Horizons ca 98-99. It's been in circulation for a while. I honestly don't know why they released this. Now we're going to have people demanding that it be played at shows. :lol:

3. Re: 2000 Mile Blues. This is completely new to me. I've never heard mention of it prior to it's inclusion in the new release. McCready is on fire, but it's clearly nothing more than a recording of them improving or screwing around with the tape recorder running (unless they were going to record something for some kind of blues tribute album which, even the suggestion of sounds completely bs to me). It follows a standard blues progression and scale.

IMHO, Goat and 2000 Mile Blues aren't significant contributions to the PJ catalog. They're just... there. Hearing the evolution of songs like Breath and SOLAT, now that's awesome.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard