Options

10 C HAS THE THE BEST TICKET POLICY FOR FANS

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited March 2009 in The Porch
other bands give u a presale offer for members to not so good tickets, 10C IS THE BEST!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i do n't know about best...but its pretty damn good.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    From what I've read recently, No Doubt seems to have great fan club ticketing.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    I would also think there is a much lower demand for a no doubt fan club, than a pearl jam fan club :)

Ticketmaster introduced rules a few tours ago that said fan clubs can only get 10 percent of a venues ticket maximum. 10c has found a way around that. Ticketbastard also likes to mix up the tickets that go to fan clubs. So the fans don't get all the best 10c tickets. 10c found a way around that too (as they get all the closest tickets).

I think 10c does as good as they can. Alot of other fan clubs don't have that ability. Allthough I joined the Metallica fan club to buy tickets for this tour and it was an easy/painless process to get floor tickets. Then again I didn't find out about the sale date until an hour after they went on sale. Since they weren't sold out, the demand must of been much lower than a pj show :)
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    Zod wrote:
    Allthough I joined the Metallica fan club to buy tickets for this tour and it was an easy/painless process to get floor tickets.
    I got a floor ticket the day of the show. ;)
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    They are Ok.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Yah and the lottery is cool
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    it's a pretty good policy...i mean, i generally get tickets, so i'm not one to complain. it's the venue that distributes them that may run into problems before showtime. it's a good thing most places let tix go hours in advance. i also think it's pretty great that the fans actually have a great chance of getting floor seats at their shows. more than once i've gotten tix from other bands and have gotten stuck behind the stage when i could have just bought tix from ticketbastard and gotten better options. such is life...we deal, we move on.

pearl jam to play the south!!
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I disagree.

PJ USED to have the best policy, which if I remember correctly was all members get to buy tickets to two concerts. That kept the demand at-bay for TC tickets leaving many more prime seats available to members, usually to see shows in their own cities, and the TM lock on venues was not as much an issue then too, so high supply. Now PJ has allowed ALL members to buy TC tickets to ALL shows, meaning that chances are slim to get tickets in major cities like DC and NY. Plus TM's venue lock has made PJ only allowed to have about 10% of the tickets sold to their own shows (this is according to TC themselves). So now there is MORE demand, LESS supply... and a website that almost always screws up ticket purchases. All this plus craigslist makes it easy to scalp, though you'd need to meet a seller at the venue or nearby.

yeah, I disagree. Their heart is in there, but it often does not translate to a positive experience for the fan. their new policy has locked me out of TC tickets to hometown shows.

Doesn't DMB allow all tickets to be purchased thru their warehouse fan club? If so, I'm saying they're the best.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I disagree.

PJ USED to have the best policy, which if I remember correctly was all members get to buy tickets to two concerts.

It used to be 2 tickets to 1 concert.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    CC56367CC56367 Posts: 76
    No one beats NIN or Metallica's system
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    BinFrog wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I disagree.

PJ USED to have the best policy, which if I remember correctly was all members get to buy tickets to two concerts.

It used to be 2 tickets to 1 concert.

Yes that is correct...a paper form...you got your tickets....I love the Ten Club and I love how they offer tickets to us!!! I also was unable to get tickets to my local show (boston) last tour...I had no chance! I guess my computer speed was too slow! I ended up in Hartford, which was an awesome show..

I do agree though, each fan should have a chance for 2 tickets to one show...not 2 tickets to every show...it does reduce your ability to actually score tickets!

Still, I have never been disapointed with my tickets that I have gotten in the past, and am grateful to be able to have the opportunity to buy tickets here before they go on sale and get great seats! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    My Co-Worker is in the DMB fanclub and constantly gets shut out for tickets... you have to put a request in for them then like a week or so later you find out if you get them or not and then if you don't you have to pretty much go and buy them from ticketmaster w/ everyone else... sounds really shitty.
  • Options
    I think the EASIEST fix to A)avoid the TM lock on selling tickets thing and B) avoid the frozen website thing is to sell TC tickets thru TM... AND sell 100% of the venue to TC members first (as opposed to the 10%+ that TM lets bands sell) before offering them for general on-sale. Each member would use their member ID and could use their unique forum password. This would solve two of the big problems with PJ's TC tickets.

Or go back to the mail order system! ...that got me front row! :)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah we are doing better than most...
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I think the EASIEST fix to A)avoid the TM lock on selling tickets thing and B) avoid the frozen website thing is to sell TC tickets thru TM... AND sell 100% of the venue to TC members first (as opposed to the 10%+ that TM lets bands sell) before offering them for general on-sale. Each member would use their member ID and could use their unique forum password. This would solve two of the big problems with PJ's TC tickets.

But then there is no way to prioritize who gets what (no seniority)... unless you do it in blocks, like 10AM-11AM fan club numbers xxxx-xxxx get tickets, etc. even then it's random in the blocks (and a pain in the ass to set up on the box office side).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    CC56367 wrote:
    tickets.musictoday.com
    presale yeserday - site was smooth, i screwed up twice and still got 12th row at pnc. three shows in the past two years including izod center and house of blues in atlantic city and no problems. my tickets get embossed with my name on it, and theyre all fancy and shit with holograms and colors. show your id, pick up the tix, enter through the special entrance to avoid scalping.
  • Options
    CC56367 wrote:
    tickets.musictoday.com
    presale yeserday - site was smooth, i screwed up twice and still got 12th row at pnc. three shows in the past two years including izod center and house of blues in atlantic city and no problems. my tickets get embossed with my name on it, and theyre all fancy and shit with holograms and colors. show your id, pick up the tix, enter through the special entrance to avoid scalping.

Just got my NIN/JA tickets to Columbia, MD show today...got tix in the very very small GA orchestra pit. That show is gonna kick ass, and buying tix was super smooth.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

But then there is no way to prioritize who gets what (no seniority)... unless you do it in blocks, like 10AM-11AM fan club numbers xxxx-xxxx get tickets, etc. even then it's random in the blocks (and a pain in the ass to set up on the box office side).

TM could simply confirm a ticket purchase without the seat location, and they could create a simple system that prioritizes seniority, since you'd use your membership number to make the purchase. Tickets would then be organized the same way they are for all the rest of the shows. No different for the box office, except more envelopes. They could even print the name of the "john smith" and "john smith guest" on each ticket to reduce scalping.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    nin is the best.

i bought tickets to 2 shows that went onsale at the same time yesterday, messed up the captcha thing 3 times, and STILL ended up with pit for both shows. and we were competing with jane's addiction fans going for the same tickets.

i realize that the 10club wants to do everything inhouse, but somethings you have to outsource....like ticket sales. the music today site is smooth.

i love that our tickets have our name on them. stops scalpers in their tracks if you have to show id to enter the building. we get to see where our seats are before we purchase them. and they are always right up front. plus the early entry kicks ass when you have GA tickets. i have had rail so many times...

the fact that nin was able to maintain this level of service even after cancelling the paid fanclub is astounding.

if seniority/home show advantage is that important to everyone, 10c should go back to the order form...you use the mail in form to purchase one pair of tickets to the show of your choice. after they process those orders, they can put any remaining tickets up for sale on the website. the problem is, the ticketmaster 10% rule applies to all bands. pearl jam isnt exempt from that. how do you decide which 10% get tickets for the high demand shows without making it random.

the best thing they can do if they want to keep seniority the way it is....invest in a better server that doesnt crash during high traffic sales.
  • Options
    n-ennsn-enns Posts: 7
    i'm a new member of 10c, and i don't know what the deal is. i've seen them 4 times on different tours, but hopefully, i can get better tickets with my membership. :twisted:
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    n-enns wrote:
    i'm a new member of 10c, and i don't know what the deal is. i've seen them 4 times on different tours, but hopefully, i can get better tickets with my membership. :twisted:

What city are you in? Depending on which shows you attend will go a long way to determining how good your fan club tickets might be.

Also, the last tour had a lottery where everyone who purchased fan club tickets had a chance to sit in the 1st row, 2nd row, 9th row, or 10th row.

It seemed to be quite a success so I would imagine they do that again.

If you are in Philly, Boston, NYC, LA, SD, D.C., Vegas and other larger fan base markets your regular fan club seats might not be that great...... but I'm sure they will probably be better than what you can pull of TM, though not always.

Good luck and have fun this Summer? Fall? Both? ( :mrgreen: )