Options

I Just met Eddie!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I read the story last night, and I had a dream later on. I was at a hotel(going to a PJ show later on), and he walked into the elevator and I was just in AWE. He said going up? I said yeah.. 6th floor.. he said "Oh me too." Turns out he had the room next to me, so he invites me and my friend to chill, drink, and talk music... Jeff and Mike were there also! Awesome, I woke up and I was SEVERELY SEVERELY saddened lol.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Cool story!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Sweet he is such a cool guy glad he is back in seattle maybe he will show to Stones gig!!!!! Or maybe he has a fat stack of delux editions to sign.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    That's a nice little story.
    You now know that what you feel has been heard. Great feeling, ain't it?
    and also.. not wanting anything from him... so he offers up a little something... ain't that the best way to fell genuine gratitude.
    I imagine that pick is going to go into a picture frame or something, right?
    peace...
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    Good hopefuly they are done recording now!!! If they are able to mix the album this month then the record should be out in June or July. Hopefully the Rothbury rumors are true. That would fall right in line. Here is to hoping for a tour to begin in July!!!!!! Supposedly Matt Chord said he expected the Spectrum shows to be announced sometime this month! So maybe a full tour announcement! Sorry if i'm getting anyone's hopes up by making this post! :D
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    nice!!! :D
  • Options
    That's pretty fuckin cool! I'm jealous of you and glad you didn't puss out and not meet him. you should have asked him when they are goin on tour again though, Good for you!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    so glad for you :D that must of been so cool ... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I've met Eddie 4 times. He's a pretty humble guy. Really down to earth.

1st: Met him after his solo set in 2000 or 2002 at UCLA. He signed some autographs for me and took a letter I wrote for him. He called me and left me a message on my machine (I left my number on the letter). He didn't leave a return number.

2nd: Met him before the sound check for the Tsunami benefit at the Wiltern here in LA. Reminded him he called me and he remembered.

3rd: Met him after the Hullabaloo benefit he did for Flea's music conservatory. He left at 3 something in the morning and signed some autographs for those that were waiting.

4th: Met him at the St. Regis when he was accepting his award for some surfing environmentalist of the year. Got a picture of him and I.

I love living in southern California!
  • Options
    I'm jealous! I live in LA and I've only seen like, one celebrity ever.
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Lucky you!
    I'd be too nervous to approach, I don't like bothering people.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    GE116491 wrote:
    I work at an airport in SoCal. All my co-workers know how I feel about Pearl Jam. Yesterday I got a text that Eddie was in the airport and assumed it was a really bad practical joke......but I still had to check it out. I walked down to the area he was supposedly in with no expectations. As soon as I turn the corner and look in the gate area - he was right there waiting for his flight! It took me a good 20 minutes to get up the nerve to even attempt to talk to him, but I knew this was a once and a lifetime opportunity and would never forgive myself if I didn't. As I walked up he was talking to who ever he was traveling with and they both stopped and looked at me. Trying not to pass out, I somehow managed to tell him that my boyfriend and I appreciated what he and the band did and thanked him for everything they have given us over the years. He smiled and said "Wow, thanks, I really appreciate it." He then asked me what my boyfriends name was and he noticed I had a PJ pin on my work lanyard. He pointed and kind of laughed in appreciation. He shook my hand and thanked me again and said it was nice to meet me. Then he reached in his pocket and said he thought he had a pick left and then offered it to me. This was by far one of the greatest days of my life. How often do you get a chance to tell someone like that how much they mean to you! He was everything you would ever hope - genuinely nice, humble and appreciative. No one I work with could ever understand the magnitude of this and what it meant to me. My boyfriend encouraged me to post it and share with those who would understand and appreciate it.

lucky bugger
    danny d
  • Options
    I've met Eddie 4 times. He's a pretty humble guy. Really down to earth.

1st: Met him after his solo set in 2000 or 2002 at UCLA. He signed some autographs for me and took a letter I wrote for him. He called me and left me a message on my machine (I left my number on the letter). He didn't leave a return number.

2nd: Met him before the sound check for the Tsunami benefit at the Wiltern here in LA. Reminded him he called me and he remembered.

3rd: Met him after the Hullabaloo benefit he did for Flea's music conservatory. He left at 3 something in the morning and signed some autographs for those that were waiting.

4th: Met him at the St. Regis when he was accepting his award for some surfing environmentalist of the year. Got a picture of him and I.

I love living in southern California!

4 times...damn...you two should be at like a friends status now haha...

congrats to the poster for meeting him...my time has yet to come...but i think i know a way in how to meet him
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Cool story, He sounds like a really nice guy. Lucky you! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Great story indeed. You get to met Ed and my closest brush with a famous musician was with members of Lynyrd Skynyrd in the lobby of the Peabody in Memphis; I didn't say anything to them.

Ah, life is just not fair!!!

Seriously, though, Congratulations!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    :P Sweet! Thanks for the story, and congrats to you! BTW, did you happen to see where he was going????? ;)
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    awesome story!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    Great story indeed. You get to met Ed and my closest brush with a famous musician was with members of Lynyrd Skynyrd in the lobby of the Peabody in Memphis; I didn't say anything to them.

Ah, life is just not fair!!!

Seriously, though, Congratulations!

met the drummer and bassist from Rick Springfields band once

Hung out with the Bare naked ladies after a concert

Spoke with Iggy Pop when he had red pants on

But no PJ

Yet

I work at an airport as well and hope my chances are high

congats, Nice deal
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Lucky you. I would go to the ends of the earth to meet Eddie, I truly would (if I could afford it). Great story, and yes, he is humble, decent and all that. I actually spoke to him before the 1st concert I ever went to, but it was from a balcony so I didnt get to shake hands. He was cooler than cool, and ultra nice, even asking the two of us to say hello to the fans on the bridge who were waiting to see the boys arrive at the venue. The Vedman is the best! 8-)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    GE116491 wrote:
    I work at an airport in SoCal. All my co-workers know how I feel about Pearl Jam. Yesterday I got a text that Eddie was in the airport and assumed it was a really bad practical joke......but I still had to check it out. I walked down to the area he was supposedly in with no expectations. As soon as I turn the corner and look in the gate area - he was right there waiting for his flight! It took me a good 20 minutes to get up the nerve to even attempt to talk to him, but I knew this was a once and a lifetime opportunity and would never forgive myself if I didn't. As I walked up he was talking to who ever he was traveling with and they both stopped and looked at me. Trying not to pass out, I somehow managed to tell him that my boyfriend and I appreciated what he and the band did and thanked him for everything they have given us over the years. He smiled and said "Wow, thanks, I really appreciate it." He then asked me what my boyfriends name was and he noticed I had a PJ pin on my work lanyard. He pointed and kind of laughed in appreciation. He shook my hand and thanked me again and said it was nice to meet me. Then he reached in his pocket and said he thought he had a pick left and then offered it to me. This was by far one of the greatest days of my life. How often do you get a chance to tell someone like that how much they mean to you! He was everything you would ever hope - genuinely nice, humble and appreciative. No one I work with could ever understand the magnitude of this and what it meant to me. My boyfriend encouraged me to post it and share with those who would understand and appreciate it.

what an awesome story! so glad you got the gull up to go talk to him :D I mean how often does your hero show up at your place of work? :lol:
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I mean how often does your hero show up at your place of work? :lol:

it happened to me a lot actually! but then again, i used to work somewhere cool. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I mean how often does your hero show up at your place of work? :lol:

it happened to me a lot actually! but then again, i used to work somewhere cool. :)

could you get me a job? :D
  • Options
    WOW! What an awesome story congrats!! :D

Just out of curiosity which pick did he give you? Was it the Evil Kenevel (sp) one? or one of his older black picks. (EV/23...EV/wave...EV/Surfboard logo, etc).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz