Options

create the ultimate pj tribute album

LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
edited March 2009 in The Porch
the pearl jam covers thread got me thinking about this...just for fun, if they were to make a tribute album with a bunch of bands doing pearl jam covers and you were in control, come up with a tracklist. try and choose people who are alive and making music. i'll go first.

1. m. ward - around the bend
2. radiohead - tremor christ
3. neko case - smile
4. my morning jacket - off he goes
5. gov't mule - half full
6. wilco - black
7. sonic youth - rearview mirror
8. bruce springsteen - betterman
9. my chemical romance - rats
10. neil young - thumbing my way
11. stephen malkmus - rival
12. tv on the radio - do the evolution
13. bob dylan - come back
14. r.e.m. - inside job
15. ben harper - indifference

some of those could be very interesting
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I don't even know where to begin with this one, so I will just give it the biggest thumbs down of all time and leave it at that.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I don't even know where to begin with this one, so I will just give it the biggest thumbs down of all time and leave it at that.

you don't have to like my chemical romance, personally i'm not even a huge fan, but i do appreciate a lot of their studio work. if you've given them a chance and just don't like them, that's fine, but just because their target demographic has shit taste in music for the most part, doesn't mean these guys don't have some good work. listen to the black parade, it's actually a pretty good album. anyway, i put them on there because i could hear them doing something really cool with that song in my head. if they tried to play it like pearl jam i know it would suck, but i think they could do something creative with it and pull it off.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    BeerBaron wrote:

you don't have to like my chemical romance, personally i'm not even a huge fan, but i do appreciate a lot of their studio work. if you've given them a chance and just don't like them, that's fine, but just because their target demographic has shit taste in music for the most part, doesn't mean these guys don't have some good work. listen to the black parade, it's actually a pretty good album. anyway, i put them on there because i could hear them doing something really cool with that song in my head. if they tried to play it like pearl jam i know it would suck, but i think they could do something creative with it and pull it off.
    I just think they are a terrible band - both musically and lyrically. To each his own though.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Here are some performers I actually like that I could see covering PJ...

My Morning Jacket - Present Tense
    Mudhoney - Jeremy
    Kings of Leon - Immortality
    Sonic Youth - Porch
    Bruce Springsteen - Alive
    Rasputina - Parting Ways
    The Strokes - Brain of J
    The Who - Satan's Bed
    Neil Young - Footsteps
    Ben Harper - Indifference
    Love Battery - Nothingman
    Queens of the Stone Age - Rearviewmirror