Options

Pearl Jam Cover Suggestions

greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
edited February 2009 in The Porch
I was listening to Warren Haynes playing Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" and was thinking how awesome it would be for EV to cover the song. What songs do you wish PJ would add to their already extensive list of covers?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Not that the covers arent great... but wouldn't you rather hear them play their own songs. I mean the catalogue is so huge now and there are plenty of songs that rarely get a go.
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    I love covers! When they play a new cover it`s almost like hearing a new song for me.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    They should do a cover album of Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy is the album of the generations ;):lol:
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I don't mind bands doing covers- I think it's become a common norm at shows. I think I can only think of a handful of bands that have not done a cover song when I saw them. Bob Dylan even played two covers when I saw him.
    I do like PJ playing their own stuff though and don't mind one or two covers but 3- or more in one set is a bit much. That being said, I have always wanted to see the band do a Jim Croce song. Don't really care which one, but my pick would be "one less set of footsteps" or "Bad Bad, Leroy brown"- Boom could rock the keyboard/ organ on that one! LOL.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    not for me wrote:
    They should do a cover album of Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy is the album of the generations ;):lol:

Been out for months and hasnt gone platinum = Well below expectaions...
  • Options
    Turn the Page. Metallica's was amazing, but id love to hear Ed and the boys version..

also.. Simple Man.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    The Animals "House of the Rising Sun"
    Simple Man
    I have more but i forget the right now.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    With their track record, I know I'd purchase a whole disk of PJ covering Who songs...

I'd also love to see what they could do with a Zeppelin song...

I've also had this really insane urge to see the boys cover something mellow from Gordan Lightfoot... like Crash of the Edmund Fitzgerald or something...
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Rush - Limelight
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Have they ever covered "Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong? I'd love to see that.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    Said it before and I'll say it again "Almost cut my hair" by CSNY.
    Also, the Doors "Roadhouse Blues"...know they played it once but love it to be a regular cover, give Ed a chance to blow the harmonica.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    .........FREE BIRD......SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE...WHOLE LOTTA LOVE ....PRETTY VACANT...A FOREST,...
    STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN...LIKE A ROLLING STONE,,,HEY JOE,,WITH OR WITHOUT YOU...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    greenmanny wrote:
    I was listening to Warren Haynes playing Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released" and was thinking how awesome it would be for EV to cover the song. What songs do you wish PJ would add to their already extensive list of covers?

Eddie has covered this song, sort of. He and Neil traded verses to close both nights of Bridge School in '99. It was a great way to close the two nights.

I would love to see them do Cortez the Killer.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    Cortez the Killer would be amazing as would pretty much any Doors song (love me two times, break on through) and obviously some Hendrix would be killer. Killer, hey maybe the Killers, "Mr. Brightside," or some Joy Division or let Boom go crazy with Jerry "the killer" Lee Lewis, "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On." Gosh, I love ADD.
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • Options
    I wanna hear the boys do a wicked rendition of 'Brandy' by the Looking glass. This way I can feel like they are playing it just for me! :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I would be interested to see what they could do with "bring it on home", not very much room for improvement however, its getting less and less likely ill ever see the song preformed live by Zep.
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    "Oops I Did It Again" -- Britney Spears
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Yeah that'd be great....

you cant really want to hear the killers???
    My ears my ears~!
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    greenmanny wrote:
    What songs do you wish PJ would add to their already extensive list of covers?

Wild Boys - Duran Duran
    Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
    Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
    Gloria - Laura Brannigan
    Big In Japan - Alphaville
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    edited February 2009
    Washed wrote:
    "Oops I Did It Again" -- Britney Spears

Aw shit, someone already did what I was trying to do with my post.

With all seriousness though, can we put a stop to this cover business until the new album comes out? Our focus should be on the new stuff now :)
    Post edited by SOLAT319 on
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Whoever said "What A Wonderful World" nailed it. I like they way you think.

"All My Love" by Led Zepellin would be great for PJ. The cheesy horn solo would sound good on guitar.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy....They have already done the Boys Are Back.
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff

You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it...

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
  • Options
    I'd like to see them do Led Zeppelin's "Thank You." I know they covered it with Robert Plant, but I'd like to hear Ed sing it. It would be awesome to see them cover "The Weight" by The Band.
  • Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    to add a more current song, I'd love to see them play dondante, seems like the kind of song pj would absolutely nail.

And going the more conventional route, I would love to see how many more times off of Led Zeppelin 1 or Light My Fire for a new Boom/McCready jam