Options

Free Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition? What say's you? :)

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,922
edited February 2009 in The Porch
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 1927790662

*UPDATE::

Here's some of the rules: (to be edited)

1. You must have a paypal account! I will pm you my paypal addy where to send the $5.00 in US Funds. Paypal is safe & secure. If you don't have a paypal account, i'm sorry. We can do money order etc.. but I live in Nova Scotia, Canada .. and shipping might take a while. If you do, might be best then to send the money order weeks before the March 16th deadline. But, that's an IF on the money order. Paypal is the only way .. for now.

2. One dollar US from every participant will be donated to the Wishlist Foundation - A Pearl Jam Fan Nonprofit Organization. http://wishlistfoundation.org/ . I have volunteered with Wishlist Foundation during the East Coast Pearl Jam show's NYC1, NYC2, Hartford, Boston1 & Boston2. Also organized on my own Montreal1, Montreal2, Toronto1 & Toronto2 Eddie Vedder Pre-Parties. :)

3. Each member that posts here, added to the list .. will have their names in the draw! One per user only! That can change, if there are many names added to the pot, we can do 10 dollar's MAX! 2 tries for a chance to win the box set.

4. The lucky winner(s) will be contacted by email & pm'd here to have a Pearl Jam - Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition Box Set 10club order placed to their home address. I will contact 10club, place the order on my Credit Card, and 10club will send you an email of confirmation that the order was placed, and the set is coming your way. ** YOU MUST HAVE A 10CLUB ACCOUNT TO ENTER **

5. The draw will go down March 16th (week before the set is released). I will try & video tape the contest. I've done a few contests before the Christmas break. ;) Will go that route, via The Simpsons Movie Popcorn Bucket. Or Pearl Jam hat. Any means possible.

What do you all think? If it's a go, I will start up a new thread here for everybody to sign up.

Cheers! :)

D

*update ..

1. A special facebook invite-only group wil be created.
2. Those who will send at least 5 bucks ($US Fed. Reserve funds) by Paypal (tm) to D or Ondrej are invited to the participate in the group.
3. All the email addresses of the participants will go into the final draw, which will take place in Dartmouth, NS on Mar 23 (or earlier .. so the box set can be sent in time when other's receive it too).
4. The lucky winner(s) will be contacted by e-mail to have an 10c super deluxe order placed to their home address.
5. One dollar (A hundred US cents) from every participant will be donated to the Wishlist Foundation.

My friend Ondrej thought of this first! And it's a great idea! :)

"Yes, D, and I mean it. Tommorow we will come up with a transparent contest in the general sharing spirit of Pearl Jam fans. Therefore, I am appointing you as my general advisor and official judge of the contest, as you are both respected and crazy enough to participate in such matter. If we will score on enough participants, we will donate one collectors edition box to the Wishlist Foundation."

Yes, it's pretty expensive, and we are all living in tough times, because of the higher 'power's to be' have been fucking things up in this world. What do you think about a little donation to something cool for your fellow Pearl Jam fan/friend? :)

If we can raise enough money, even 5 bucks collected from each member; all the money we collect we can purchase one of these babies, even 2 plus .. we can start up a contest. Winners will be drawn'd day's before the release of the box set. Order will be placed with 10club, and shipped from 10club to your addy.

This is early stage, and not sure if this will fly. What do you all think?
Take care!

D

ps .. enjoy the game tonight! I'm making pizza in a few minutes, D style! 8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Everybody must be watching the game! D'oh!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    Count me in brother!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I'm in...let me know what you need! ;)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Sounds interesting

Even I'm watching the game D and i don't know anything technical about NFL, but it is close!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Sounds great! Count me in & let me know what to do!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ondrej is starting things up. Will start posting over at the facebook group!
    Will be updating here! More ideas on this, etc.. feel free!

:)
  • Options
    1. A special facebook invite-only group wil be created.
    2. Those who will send at least 5 bucks ($US Fed. Reserve funds) by Paypal (tm) to D or Ondrej are invited to the participate in the group.
    3. All the email addresses of the participants will go into the final draw, which will take place in Dartmouth, NS on Mar 23 (or earlier .. so the box set can be sent in time when other's receive it too). :)
    4. The lucky winner(s) will be contacted by e-mail to have an 10c super deluxe order placed to their home address.
    5. One dollar (A hundred US cents) from every participant will be donated to the Wishlist Foundation.

So far! What do you think? :)
  • Options
    Great Idea....I think you should do a video of the final drawing and post it up on FB for all of us to see! :D
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:
    Great Idea....I think you should do a video of the final drawing and post it up on FB for all of us to see! :D

I will for sure! :)
  • Options
    KO111KO111 Posts: 94
    I think it sounds like a great idea. I sure can't afford $140 on something for myself, but $5 and a chance to help a good organization...no problem.
    Keep us posted!
  • Options
    KO111 wrote:
    I think it sounds like a great idea. I sure can't afford $140 on something for myself, but $5 and a chance to help a good organization...no problem.
    Keep us posted!

Will do! :)
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    sweet deal
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I'm so broke and would love one of these... I guess I'll risk $5. If you can PM me with info on where to send it, I'll try to get on that.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    I'd love to participate even though I already pre-purchased my package :D What if your not on Facebook?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I'd love to participate even though I already pre-purchased my package :D What if your not on Facebook?

Know many don't have a Facebook account, so I think it's best we open it up for 10club Members here on this board! :)

Here's some of the rules: (to be edited)

1. You must have a paypal account! I will pm you my paypal addy where to send the $5.00 in US Funds. Paypal is safe & secure. If you don't have a paypal account, i'm sorry. We can do money order etc.. but I live in Nova Scotia, Canada .. and shipping might take a while. If you do, might be best then to send the money order weeks before the March 16th deadline. But, that's an IF on the money order. Paypal is the only way .. for now.

2. One dollar US from every participant will be donated to the Wishlist Foundation - A Pearl Jam Fan Nonprofit Organization. http://wishlistfoundation.org/ . I have volunteered with Wishlist Foundation during the East Coast Pearl Jam show's NYC1, NYC2, Hartford, Boston1 & Boston2. Also organized on my own Montreal1, Montreal2, Toronto1 & Toronto2 Eddie Vedder Pre-Parties. :)

3. Each member that posts here, added to the list .. will have their names in the draw! One per user only! That can change, if there are many names added to the pot, we can do 10 dollar's MAX! 2 tries for a chance to win the box set.

4. The lucky winner(s) will be contacted by email & pm'd here to have a Pearl Jam - Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition Box Set 10club order placed to their home address. I will contact 10club, place the order on my Credit Card, and 10club will send you an email of confirmation that the order was placed, and the set is coming your way. ** YOU MUST HAVE A 10CLUB ACCOUNT TO ENTER **

5. The draw will go down March 16th (week before the set is released). I will try & video tape the contest. I've done a few contests before the Christmas break. ;) Will go that route, via The Simpsons Movie Popcorn Bucket. Or Pearl Jam hat. Any means possible.

What do you all think? If it's a go, I will start up a new thread here for everybody to sign up.

Cheers! :)

D
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Thanks D. I've got PayPal. :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Count me in D!

I'll get the dough-nation to paypal very soon.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    im in
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Sweet - sign me up D! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    added update:

48 people sign up the list. At 5 dollars US a pop.
    Total raised would be $240 dollars.

NOW .. if it is shipped inside USA:
    140 for the set + free shipping ... 100 dollars goes to the Wishlist Foundation.

Shipped to Canada:
    140 for the set + 30 dollars shipping .. 70 dollars goes to the Wishlist Foundation

Shipped International:
    140 for the set + 50 dollars shipping .. 50 dollars goes to Wishlist Foundation.

• Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I'm in! Great idea :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    Sign me up! Please PM me with the Paypal information! (I do have an account) Thanks! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    I've pm'd Kat & Sea! See if everything is ok on this contest. If so, I will start up an Official thread!!! And start from there. :)

Have a great week everyone!
    More snow, more snow .. MORE SNOW!!! :twisted:

:lol:
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I'm in... although I'm not a FB user...
  • Options
    Travelar wrote:

I've changed it. I know many are not on Facebook. Best to keep it here, in the 10club community!
    So everybody who signs up here, are all 10club members!

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    demetrios wrote:
    Travelar wrote:

I've changed it. I know many are not on Facebook. Best to keep it here, in the 10club community!
    So everybody who signs up here, are all 10club members!

Great idea! Thanks for keeping the non-FBers in it. :)
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    I'm in.
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Count me in D. I'm feeling lucky. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009