Options

A Charitable Contribution

Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
edited February 2009 in The Porch
I received this from my brother the other day.
Passing it foward for those who want to help.

Thanks.

Hey all--

I'm not in the habit of spamming your inboxes, but this is an occasion where I had to share. One Million Ways, a non-profit organization started by my friends Ethan and Veronica, is currently in the middle of their "This is a Desk" campaign, where they're selling neat T-shirts that say "This is a desk" across the chest. Why?

Because every time you buy a T-shirt, you buy a desk for impoverished schoolchildren in Ghana and Kenya. Not part of a desk. An actual desk. (T-Shirts cost $4 to make; desks cost $16.) When you buy a shirt, you help a poor African kid get a better education. It's that simple.

(And don't worry: You're not just donating $20 for a rag you'll use to wash your car or line your puppy's sleeping mat. These shirts are actually, legitimately, honest to goodness worth wearing. The simple text makes for a nifty conversation starter, and the shirts are eco-friendly American Apparel dealies, so they're hella comfortable *and* made from organic cotton. (A note to guys, especially-- buy them a size larger, since they're athletic fit.))

So do me a favor: Today, instead of checking Perez-Hilton or ESPN for the nineteenth time, log on to http://www.onemillionways.org and consider doing a good deed. The order information is located at the bottom of the main page, along with a photo of what the shirts look like.

Thanks! You guys rock!

Eddie

Thanks again
Demented and sad, but social
Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments