Options

WHY GO!!! this song will always be a 10.

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
edited February 2009 in The Porch
I remember hearing Ten for the first time when I was 15, after a friend had mistakenly left the CD at my house. The first 3 songs didn't grab me at first. It was different from what I was used to (80's pop and hair metal) but something kept me listening even though at the time I couldn't understand any of the words Eddie was singing, and the guitars and drums sounded like they were recorded in a cave (they still do, which I enjoy now). When I got to Why Go is when everything jelled. The intensity, melody and lyrics were just fucking perfect, and my love for this band and its music began. And since the '06 tour this song has taken new life, like so many other songs from Ten. I love all of their studio albums, but not as much as hearing them live. They play Why Go a lot and I hope they always will.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i totally agree. i have been looking for a Why Go sticker for along time now, just cant track it down.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Why Go just packs a huge punch live. Of all the songs on Ten, none builds more crowd energy than Why Go.
  • Options
    Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I remember hearing Ten for the first time when I was 15, after a friend had mistakenly left the CD at my house. The first 3 songs didn't grab me at first. It was different from what I was used to (80's pop and hair metal) but something kept me listening even though at the time I couldn't understand any of the words Eddie was singing, and the guitars and drums sounded like they were recorded in a cave (they still do, which I enjoy now). When I got to Why Go is when everything jelled. The intensity, melody and lyrics were just fucking perfect, and my love for this band and its music began. And since the '06 tour this song has taken new life, like so many other songs from Ten. I love all of their studio albums, but not as much as hearing them live. They play Why Go a lot and I hope they always will.

Agree 100%. I also have a new appreciation for Garden. Always thought the song was ok. But it blew me away when they played it at Mansfield. They did a great job this last tour with the 10 songs in general.
  • Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    Great, Great Song!!! When they came out and opened with it at Lollapalooza, I was estatic!! Blew me away!! And that version is one of the best of all time!!
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    Definately in my top 5 PJ songs ever. The intensity of this song is immeasurable.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"