Options

so i lost all my PJ songs...

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited January 2009 in The Porch
My computer crashed a few weeks ago and in fixing it, my harddrive got wiped...now i still have them on my iPod luckily but there is no way i can get my non-iTunes purchased music off my iPod and onto my comp (all my PJ stuff was from already owned albums) now i lost all my albums because i lent them to a friend who i was trying to get into Pearl Jam...he claims he lost them...some friend huh? so since i have no way of getting all of that on my computer i am forced to deal without, or ask any of you for for the entire studio anthology. i am willing to make trades but i have nothing to really offer...i'm a freshman 10c member so offering my tickets at a show when most of you will get better seats wont really do...really all PJ memorabilia i have are shirts and some posters (which i am using in my renovation of my music space room so no sale)...is there anyone who is willing to help? i mean i understand if you can't but even small contributions are greatly appreciated.

P.S. my home as place to crash when coming to see a NYC/Long Island show is also out of the question (sorry :() although i am perfectly ok with it, i am only 18 and still live primarily with my mom and siblings so they wouldn't be up to a complete stranger crashing at my house, let alone how awkward it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    You can buy software that will expunge the stuff off your ipod onto your computer; I have a mac and have software on it
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I've used a program called Anapod to get songs OFF my ipod. Look into that. It was only about $15. Worked a few years ago and you can simply download it. It treats your ipod like a hard drive and just lets you copy contents to your computer. Good luck!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    Similar thing happened to me several years ago. Used PodUtil and it worked quite well. I believe it was free at the time. As I recall, it took about 15 minutes for every gigabyte of music.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    cbbjr wrote:
    Similar thing happened to me several years ago. Used PodUtil and it worked quite well. I believe it was free at the time. As I recall, it took about 15 minutes for every gigabyte of music.

holy crap thats slow

To the OP 1 word: backup!
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    cbbjr wrote:

holy crap thats slow

To the OP 1 word: backup!

yeah i know i learned my lesson that i need to back up my shit...i bought an external hard drive... thanks guys...i'll up date you on how it goes
  • Options
    cgroxcgrox Posts: 58
    Im gonna hook you up bro. PJ family stick together. I have compiled 309 songs (mp3) onto a DVD disk (4.7 gig). if you wanna send me like 5 bucks or something ill burn you a copy and send it your way. the 5 bucks is for shipping of course. .. lemme know.
    peace, love and pearl jam.
    Member # 173***

21 Shows and counting... Finally met Ed @ Zellerbach night 1!!!

• Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    1. I think you can copy the songs off your ipod by using it as a hard drive, but they will be mixed up in folders. There are mp3 tag-reading programs that will read the mp3 tags (artist, song title, etc.) and rename the files however you want, and then you can have itunes scan the folders and reorganize them how it does.

2. 15 minutes per GB sounds like USB 1. You want to connect through USB 2.
    http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm
    If you don't have any USB 2 connections on your motherboard, for about $10 you can buy a USB 2 card that fits in a PCI slot, it's well worth it.

3. If this is a scam, you could just get the Pearl Jam catalog via bittorrent or wherever the kids pirate music these days. Just in case. :-)

Melissa
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Im gonna hook you up bro. PJ family stick together. I have compiled 309 songs (mp3) onto a DVD disk (4.7 gig). if you wanna send me like 5 bucks or something ill burn you a copy and send it your way. the 5 bucks is for shipping of course. .. lemme know.
    peace, love and pearl jam.
    Very nice. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    My computer crashed a few weeks ago and in fixing it, my harddrive got wiped...now i still have them on my iPod luckily but there is no way i can get my non-iTunes purchased music off my iPod and onto my comp (all my PJ stuff was from already owned albums) now i lost all my albums because i lent them to a friend who i was trying to get into Pearl Jam...he claims he lost them...some friend huh? so since i have no way of getting all of that on my computer i am forced to deal without, or ask any of you for for the entire studio anthology. i am willing to make trades but i have nothing to really offer...i'm a freshman 10c member so offering my tickets at a show when most of you will get better seats wont really do...really all PJ memorabilia i have are shirts and some posters (which i am using in my renovation of my music space room so no sale)...is there anyone who is willing to help? i mean i understand if you can't but even small contributions are greatly appreciated.

P.S. my home as place to crash when coming to see a NYC/Long Island show is also out of the question (sorry :() although i am perfectly ok with it, i am only 18 and still live primarily with my mom and siblings so they wouldn't be up to a complete stranger crashing at my house, let alone how awkward it is.
    Dude... the same thing happened to me not that long ago. I used something called 'CopyTrans'. It was pretty cheap considering the aternative. It saved the iTunes Library from my iPod back to the new computer.
    BE SURE TO NOT SYNC the new library on your new computer to the ipod, otherwise, you blow away everything on the iPod.
    Search for 'Copy Trans iPod'. It saved my sorry ass.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Could be worse bud. I've lost like over 1000 live shows shows and 50gb + of studio music before.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    PJ Fan est. 1990, I got 14 Pearl Jam Data DVDr's with your name on it.

Pm sent! :)
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    gehrmannism and Demetrios..... You guys are awesome! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Grunge100Grunge100 Posts: 178
    That almost happened to me also. I have a zune which made retreival a bit easier. The next day I went out and got an external HD and backed up all my music. Good luck mate.

:mrgreen: Hats off the the members that were able to help..
    Light green to green, dark green, brown..
    Every life is falling down
    Brown to black, it's coming back
    Dies to be part of the ground
    Seed to seedling, root to stem
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    funnygirl wrote:
    gehrmannism and Demetrios..... You guys are awesome! :mrgreen:
    +1
  • Options
    lednukelednuke Posts: 48
    google "senuti" its a free program and it works real well
  • Options
    AHHHH THANKS! i don't have my iPod with me...but i'm sure once i get my hands on it it ill work!
  • Options
    I got an offer, ya can't refuse!

Godfather-thumb.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PJ Fan est. 1990, I got 14 Pearl Jam Data DVDr's with your name on it.

Pm sent! :)
    wow... you really are Jesus Christ.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i have all their studio a couple live and some recent bootlegs and such if u want them. i dont know the best way to send..they're all on my itunes
    let me know
  • Options
    thy omega package .. has been shipped out this morning, my master! 8-)