Options

Just finished reading 5 against 1....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited January 2009 in The Porch
Do you guys think Dave deserved to be treated the way he did?
I thought it was kinda harsh.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ya that book really made the whole thing with Dave A seem unfair. Hopefully it wasn't that bad.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    I don't really care, we will never know what really happend between the band, you those little things on hte relationships, but if i see him i'm sure i'll thank him for the good memories of him with the band.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I don't really know the story. Didn't he supposedly get kicked out of the band just because he bought a gun and happened to disagree politically on a few things? I read that on wikipedia, so not the most reliable source but I'd like to know more.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    The way I read it....
    a) They didn't like him because he seemed to like the attention and fame of being a rock star
    b) Eddie wanted Jack Irons in
    c) He just annoyed them and noone cared what he had to say or how he felt
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Stu42Stu42 Posts: 178
    i'm pretty sure he was the only member to cooperate with that book, so its going to be rather sympathetic towards him
  • Options
    Stu42 wrote:
    i'm pretty sure he was the only member to cooperate with that book, so its going to be rather sympathetic towards him

Yeah thats right he is the only person to talk to the author while she was writing, so does make sense that it is kind of told from his perspective. On a side not the one thing i love about that book is the story the author tells about her interviewing eddie and then him sending her the bulb from the space needle, i just thought that was really cool.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    Stu42 wrote:

Yeah thats right he is the only person to talk to the author while she was writing, so does make sense that it is kind of told from his perspective. On a side not the one thing i love about that book is the story the author tells about her interviewing eddie and then him sending her the bulb from the space needle, i just thought that was really cool.

Likewise! 8-)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Stu42 wrote:

That's pretty much the only thing that stuck in mind from that book too. And don't you think that is SO Vedder?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    you know what, you have to remember that was roughly 15 years ago... I'm sure everyone on this board in there younger years were a bit of an asshole to that one close friend in your circle in high school or college or even currently. Every group of friends or people working in close quarters have that "punching bag" person that gets riped on more then anyone else........ either way Dave was a tool. Jack Irons for ever bitches~
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I like the bulb story to, but something tells me that Ed just walked into a Home Depot and bought one instead of the original way he was trying to get one :P
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV