Options

Finally got my Holy Grail of posters...

wma11wma11 Posts: 790
edited January 2009 in The Porch
And didn't get my pants pulled down on the price...

Randall's Island '96
$72, not the going rate of $90+ either...

Sorry, I was just watching these on EB for years and finally snuck it, I just felt the need to gush...at the show, my 1st, I saw it and was like 'eh' but afterward realized the enormity of those shows!! Yeah me! :mrgreen:
I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I had this in my watch list and passed at the last second. Glad to see it went to someone who really wanted it. Now if someone could only find me a Vegas 98 for the same price...
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    grrrr I bid it up to 71 on you!!!!
    i was at 55 fucker i wanted that sooo bad, but good for you. :D
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    grrrr I bid it up to 71 on you!!!!
    i was at 55 fucker i wanted that sooo bad, but good for you. :D

Damn, I was wondering if someone on here was my competition, I was at work and kept refreshing and swooped in, sorry bro, but I was determined, I'm gonna play the lottery on my way home now
  • Options
    Hats off to you fucker. Be nice to her or I'm comin after you!!!!
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    Hats off to you fucker. Be nice to her or I'm comin after you!!!!
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    wma11 wrote:

Randall's Island '96

Sorry, I was just watching these on EB for years and finally snuck it, I just felt the need to gush...at the show, my 1st, I saw it and was like 'eh' but afterward realized the enormity of those shows!! Yeah me! :mrgreen:

Sweet!!! Nice find...that's one of my favorites too--my second show (first night). Up until 2 years ago, it was hanging in my old room, complete with thumbtacks and setlist on the back :roll:
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    wma11 wrote:

Randall's Island '96

awesome good for you... i have mine from the show still, its a little worse for the wear but i will never part with it.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    I ont know how any poster left there looking good both nights there were crazy
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    I know, I got pulled out of the pit during SOLAT, it was just too intense, it was like 100% humidity and people were dropping like flies from the heat...and the 2nd night had the rain...helluva way to start my PJ addiction, most memorable!!
  • Options
    yea man first night i was up front just lifting people out, Ed spit in my hair. Then after the 2nd night got pneumonia from the rain KILLER shows son!
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:
    I know, I got pulled out of the pit during SOLAT, it was just too intense, it was like 100% humidity and people were dropping like flies from the heat...and the 2nd night had the rain...helluva way to start my PJ addiction, most memorable!!

it was brutal...first night, the pit opened up and people got pushed all the way around and up to the barriers on the side of the stage...I had never in my life felt like I was going to get crushed to death, but I did that night. Of course, what did I do next? Turned around and made my way back twds the pit!

• Options
    They should release a DVD of these nights for the re-release or maybe when they do the No Code re-release, we could re-live it for a bit...that would be TIGHT :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:
    They should release a DVD of these nights for the re-release or maybe when they do the No Code re-release, we could re-live it for a bit...that would be TIGHT :mrgreen:

The audio and the dvd's I have are ok at best. I would love official from this!
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:

ummmm I'd love OFFICIAL too...so, dvds?

• Options
    wma11 wrote:

ummmm I'd love OFFICIAL too...so, dvds?

I'm 100% sure I have the first night, but have to check for the second one.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    The audio and the dvd's I have are ok at best. I would love official from this![/quote]

ummmm I'd love OFFICIAL too...so, dvds?[/quote]

I'm 100% sure I have the first night, but have to check for the second one.[/quote]

I actually have both nights, both are ok too, 1st night is decent, 2nd night is actually not good at all, kinda blown out, but they are my only memento, except my ticket stub and THE POSTER!!

p.s sorry to rub in in decline... ;)
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:

I'm 100% sure I have the first night, but have to check for the second one.[/quote]

I actually have both nights, both are ok too, 1st night is decent, 2nd night is actually not good at all, kinda blown out, but they are my only memento, except my ticket stub and THE POSTER!!

p.s sorry to rub in in decline... ;)[/quote]

PMs sent to both of you...

• Options
    wma11 wrote:

p.s sorry to rub in in decline... ;)[/quote]

ASS! :mrgreen:
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    that was my first of many PJ concerts...

...Oh the memories....great poster, enjoy
    God Loves Pearl Jam