Options

Don't think it matters...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I've never understood the obsession with post count...once you're over 2-300, people stop dismissing you as a newb...so is it a status thing or what? People were trying to run up their post count before the old place closed....? Why? Making your last post a nice round number...? weird...I've been here years under a couple names and had maybe 3k...
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    i had a crazy # of posts as dreamncolor....then add in decides2dream posts... :shock: . yea, i used to post WAY too much here. some may argue i still do ;) but in reality i don't post nearly as much. my count hasn't been *accurate* anywhere in years.....but down to less than 350 posts is quite comical. :P i was really hoping they were doing away with them entirely, as initially they didn't have em up. eh well. i am a newbie, for like the 3rd time now. :)

i said it elsewhere, i kinda think it's funny that i now appear to be one of the 'quiet' posters....been around a long time, but hardly any posts. hahaha. good stuff!

for the moment, yes. i did request my name get changed to decides2dream, but as dreamncolor was linked to my 10c account/email, and i need it to stay with that email....i will be dreamncolor until they decide to change it for me. :) i haven't posted as dreamncolor since 2005, so it's a bit odd to say the least. :D hopefully soon i'll be back to the same ole me.....but whateva.....still always a dreamer. ;)

I saw "dreamncolor" and then I saw the post count attached and I thought..........."nah, no way that is her"
    But it is!! LOVE YA!!

all you had to do was look at the length of the post

:P
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    Its the 10club retirement plan, just like we all lost about 40% of our 401k/IRA savings in 2008, we lost an eqivalent percentage of our posts.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

I saw "dreamncolor" and then I saw the post count attached and I thought..........."nah, no way that is her"
    But it is!! LOVE YA!!

awesome, isn't it? ;)
    came in with very little baggage....like to travel light. :D
    hopefully soon i'll be back to decides2dream....but whateva......no biggie.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    hell i don't care as long as they gave me my correct username back :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I've never understood the obsession with post count...once you're over 2-300, people stop dismissing you as a newb...so is it a status thing or what? People were trying to run up their post count before the old place closed....? Why? Making your last post a nice round number...? weird...I've been here years under a couple names and had maybe 3k...
    i've never cared about post counts, i always thought they should be done away with. like i said earlier, helps just in establishing who is who when doing a transaction or something.

i made my count up to 30K just for the fun of it the last day, just worked out that way, was only like 40 posts off lol :)
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I ended the other board with 555, so I only went down a little. :)
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    i've never cared about post counts, i always thought they should be done away with. like i said earlier, helps just in establishing who is who when doing a transaction or something.

i made my count up to 30K just for the fun of it the last day, just worked out that way, was only like 40 posts off lol :)
    I expect weirdness from you, it's the others I don't get hehe I really don't get how some of you have that many thoughts in your head...I think I'm probably here as much as anyone, but have 10X less posts than some of you...
    I agree that the post counts should be done away with...they're divisive...
    but...pray tell....what kind of transaction do you do that requires you to check post counts? :?:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    I lost about 7,000 posts, but no big deal. It's not like our posts are profound works of literature that were some how destroyed :D
  • Options
    I expect weirdness from you, it's the others I don't get hehe I really don't get how some of you have that many thoughts in your head...I think I'm probably here as much as anyone, but have 10X less posts than some of you...
    I agree that the post counts should be done away with...they're divisive...
    but...pray tell....what kind of transaction do you do that requires you to check post counts? :?:
    i'm glad to know my weirdness is established haha

i posted a lot when i first got on the board, back when one could chat without getting canned. hence the ton of posts. i'm glad i did because i got to make some great friends thanks to it. as for transactions, i just mean dealing with people when it comes to concert tix, if it's someone that just signed on the board and have 1 post, there's a chance they might be scalping. whereas if it's someone that's been around a while then i'm more liable to trust them. i guess that's independent of posts then.

if they got rid of it that'd be fine. they can zero me out for all i care. even with having a ton of posts, i've never felt like an insider or anything...because i am so weird lol so it doesn't matter :)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

i posted a lot when i first got on the board, back when one could chat without getting canned. hence the ton of posts. i'm glad i did because i got to make some great friends thanks to it. as for transactions, i just mean dealing with people when it comes to concert tix, if it's someone that just signed on the board and have 1 post, there's a chance they might be scalping. whereas if it's someone that's been around a while then i'm more liable to trust them. i guess that's independent of posts then.
    this is why i like having the post counts around. i didnt know you were weird thats news to me
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

this is why i like having the post counts around. i didnt know you were weird thats news to me
    yeah i've been very lucky with finding concert tickets, the people i've dealt with were very cool. it just helps to have that extra bit of info, the sign-up date anyway, as i'm sure it is for those who are selling too!

and that can't possibly be news, c'mon lol
  • Options
    my guess is they went through post by post and decided which were worthwhile and deserving of counting as a post... probably why i lost over half of mine :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/