Options

Flash plug in & Javascript???

WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
edited August 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
can anyone help me with this. I went to Adobe to download macromedia flash player and it won't start the downloading...even if i turn off bock pop up.

I can't even see the Tool website or Deftones or youtube videos....

Can anyone help?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Can anyone help???
  • Options
    Damn it's sad to see that no computer smarty pants can help a fellow PJ fan.
    :(
  • Options
    wedgewedge Posts: 81
    • What Operating System/Platform are you using?
    • What Internet Browser are you using?
    • Are there any error messages generated?
    • What kind of connection do you have to the internet?
  • Options
    JamalJamal Posts: 2,115
    wedge wrote:

Answer these questions and maybe it will shed a light on an obscure and vague problem
    as a studeny ICT-electronics, I should be able to fix it (apologize already if i can't) :)
    Surf little waves big... Charge big waves hard

- Antwerp '06, Nijmegen '07, Werchter '07
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    wedge wrote:

I know this one causes a few people problems. They'll have the new Netscape installed, but they'll use Firefox as their default browser. When they installed Netscape, they didn't pay total attention to their settings. Then, they go onto a site like Myspace, which is asking for a flash update. They click the update links, or go to the Adobe site, install flash, but still it doesn't work, and every time they log into Myspace they are prompted to install flash. Why? Because the software has loaded to Netscape.

WashMyLove, check your Internet browser settings. Do you have at least two browsers installed on your pc? If not, ignore my post. I'm just making this point because other people have had browser issues with flash.
  • Options
    wedge wrote:

Ok I'll try to answer to my best knowledge.

I have Microsoft Windows XP as my Operating system.
    My internet browser ...I use internet explorer or Msn explorer (If that makes sense)

it just says java plug in turned off or that it might be that i have an old version of macromedia flash player....I get this when i go to youtube.com...
    If i go to the main page of the Tool site I don't see anything except a black screen.
    So I tried to update my browser and download flash player....the browser got downloaded but the player doesn't want to download...I don't even get a Error message of any type...It says "When you see Installation Complete above, your installation is successful. The installation should take about 6 minutes on a 56K modem." It doesn't happened.

I have DSL Connection.

Wedge thanks for answering my post...and the others that are also trying to help. Please let me know what i can do. Thanks.
  • Options
    I know this one causes a few people problems. They'll have the new Netscape installed, but they'll use Firefox as their default browser. When they installed Netscape, they didn't pay total attention to their settings. Then, they go onto a site like Myspace, which is asking for a flash update. They click the update links, or go to the Adobe site, install flash, but still it doesn't work, and every time they log into Myspace they are prompted to install flash. Why? Because the software has loaded to Netscape.

WashMyLove, check your Internet browser settings. Do you have at least two browsers installed on your pc? If not, ignore my post. I'm just making this point because other people have had browser issues with flash.

I have Internet explorer and MSN Explorer which i use most....you think this can be the problem?

Before I didn't have this problem why all of a sudden I am getting this... computers are so complex specially for a person like me that really don't know much...but would love too.Anyways...

I think I downloaded two days ago the MS windows beta 7...but this was after the problem started to happened....I did this to see if the problem would be fixed but it didn't help. :(
  • Options
    wedgewedge Posts: 81
    You might want to try Firefox to give yourself a "control" browser. This will tell you if its the browser or your PC. If you are on DSL and have MSN explorer it sounds like you might be using a DSL package that came with a custom install. Also if your version of XP is a "home" edition that might compound problems in the way it runs.

http://getfirefox.com
  • Options
    wedge wrote:
    You might want to try Firefox to give yourself a "control" browser. This will tell you if its the browser or your PC. If you are on DSL and have MSN explorer it sounds like you might be using a DSL package that came with a custom install. Also if your version of XP is a "home" edition that might compound problems in the way it runs.

http://getfirefox.com

Well I downloaded firefox...and it didn't work. I really don't know what it can be. I think I am about to give up. :(

Wedge I don't want to keep bothering. but thanks alot.
  • Options
    I noticed for example when I go to the deftones website on my window title it says "moock flash player inspector V1.3.5 MSN Explorer"
    Does anyone know what that means?