Options

YouTube on a Mac

bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
edited August 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
I just got a new MacBook Pro laptop, having never used a mac before, and I love it, BUT when I try to watch videos on YouTube, the sound won't work. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone know how to fix it?
The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    robblerobble Posts: 63
    using the same set up as yourself, maybe the sound on the flash player is turned down. or its not the most recent flash player. Mine works grand though. checked system volume and youtube volume? not to sound patronising, apologies if i do
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Options
    Got it! I needed a new flash player. Now, do you know how to download videos from YouTube on a mac?
  • Options
    robblerobble Posts: 63
    wasn't aware that you could...interesting if anybody can say how
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Options
    Well I did it on windows by downloading some sort of "download manager" and doing some tricks with the code--I believe someone on this forum showed me how. So there is probably a way to do it on the mac, maybe a variation on the same way, I just haven't tried much yet.
  • Options
    Check this site out:
    http://www.lifehacker.com/software/top/download-of-the-day-tubesock-191568.php

There's the shareware program and quite a few other suggestions if you scroll down.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."