edited February 2014 in Technical Stuff and Help
-
Post edited by DinghyDog on

Comments

• Options
    pjfanfromsdpjfanfromsd Posts: 23
    DinghyDog wrote:
    Hi

I am planning to back up my iTunes collection today - finally managed to get my entire collection on. All of it was imported into iTunes in AAC 128 kbps format.

I want the backup to be MP3 format, 128 kbps. will there be a drop in quality in making the backup from 128 AAC to 128 MP3?

Yes, you will lose quality..You can't convert from one compressed format to another compressed format. Well, you can but it will sound like crap.

Just keep it in AAC unless you want to re-import all your cd's to MP3.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
  • Options
    pjfanfromsdpjfanfromsd Posts: 23
    DinghyDog wrote:
    thanks... but would AAC play in a dedicated MP3 cd player, like my car radio?

anyways its too late, i got pissed off with apple and took everything off... will have to re-rip as MP3. whatever happened to good old cd's. grrrr

thanks for the help

Your welcome. I'm pretty sure that at the moment AAC files only work on an iPod..
    If your gonna re-rip your CD's to MP3's you should import to at least 160kbps (192kbps is what I import.) That's a higher quality file without it being much bigger then in 128kbps.
    "Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder to find an approach and a way to live.."
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -