Options

gmail troubles

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited April 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Everytime I log into my account, the page wont load properly. It just keeps refreshing itself over and over again and making that wierd "clicking" noise.

I cleared my cookies and all that...and it still wont let me get my mail.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I usually just hit the back button and refresh again. Sometimes this has to be done several times though :(
    NERDS!
  • Options
    steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
    StoneG82 wrote:
    Everytime I log into my account, the page wont load properly. It just keeps refreshing itself over and over again and making that wierd "clicking" noise.

I cleared my cookies and all that...and it still wont let me get my mail.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Mine does that sometimes when i access it directly from the firefox browser button, but it doesn't ever do it if i use the bookmark through IE. go figure.
  • Options
    Mine does that sometimes when i access it directly from the firefox browser button, but it doesn't ever do it if i use the bookmark through IE. go figure.

test failed
    ††P®Gô'§ Ðøp€†† ¤¥Speaking As A Child Of The Nineties¤¥™
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    try a different web browser?
  • Options
    okay...the problem apparently has something to do with an expired certificate......anyone know how to fix this?
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    steppenwolfsteppenwolf Posts: 164
    StoneG82 wrote:
    okay...the problem apparently has something to do with an expired certificate......anyone know how to fix this?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_cmrenewcerts.mspx?mfr=true

i don't know if this helps. you can view your certificates by going to (from the browser) tools/internet options/content/certificates...from there, in the drop down there's one for email.
  • Options
    okay everyone thanks for all the help....

I think I solved the problem - I had my goddamn computer date set wrong and it thought it was already June.

apparently the certificate expires on June 7th....so thats why it wasn't working.

I changed the date back to April and everything started working fine again.

wierd.