Options

to mods: "members online" alpha listing...

eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
edited May 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
help! i notice the "members online" list at the bottom of the forums is no longer in alpha order. is it just me, being blonde-- is that a setting i have to choose or sumthin??

thanx
Life is the riddle
Of which we're caught in the middle.
A couple of lucky ones
Tangled up in too much love
~cowboy junkies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Here's my message and what Sea responded with:

Originally Posted by YieldInHiding:
    The member lists on the bottom when browsing are not alphabetized on the "Avocado Lite" board setting. Can someone fix this? It's easier to see if your friends are online even if you have them marked as a friend.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

It has nothing to do with the forum skins. Alphabetizing the list is resource intensive. When there are a lot of people on it really strains things. We're sorry but for now the list will be displayed randomly. You can still add people to your buddy list or use your browser to search for user names.
    Peace,
    Sea

..........:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
    help! i notice the "members online" list at the bottom of the forums is no longer in alpha order. is it just me, being blonde-- is that a setting i have to choose or sumthin??

thanx

Alphabetizing the list is resource intensive. When there are a lot of people on it really strains things. We're sorry but for now the list will be displayed randomly. You can still add people to your buddy list or use your browser to search for user names.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    ok- thanks.

i guess lots of traffic is the price we pay for a great new album! i can live with that... :)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies