Options

itunes question for mac users

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
edited February 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
when your store songs in my itunes library they're automatically converted to m4a format. is there any way to convert them back to mp3? id like to clean up my library and free some space up, but i dont wanna burn 25 cds of songs i dont listen to THAT often when i could fit them onto 5 mp3 cds.

*edit* i have os X by the way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I would assume (only because I can't remember how I've done it before) that you can covert M4a to MP3. I could be wrong.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cant you just right click on them and choose "convert slelection to mp3"

failing that:-

edit -> prefernces -> advanced -> importing -> select "mp3 encoder"... i take it yours in on Apple Lossless or AIFF or whatever..

then you should be able to highlight your songs and right click "convert to mp3"

it might make double version of the songs but you just delete the mp4a versions

hope this helps a wee bit! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    cant you just right click on them and choose "convert slelection to mp3"

failing that:-

edit -> prefernces -> advanced -> importing -> select "mp3 encoder"... i take it yours in on Apple Lossless or AIFF or whatever..

then you should be able to highlight your songs and right click "convert to mp3"

it might make double version of the songs but you just delete the mp4a versions

hope this helps a wee bit! :)

you, sir, are a god amongst men. i will try this as soon as i get home!