Options

Firefox 2.0 is out today!!!!

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited December 2006 in Technical Stuff and Help
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I am really digging the spell check built into the new browser!!! It works when posting here!!!

Plus, it seems a little faster....and they changed a little bit of the feel of it. It's nice. You should try it out.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. D/l-ing now!
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I almost forgot. Using it now. (and the spell check works! Cool!)
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    This is nice. Like previously said, the spell check comes in handy sometimes.
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i'll wait two weeks to get it so they can test it on y'all.;)
  • Options
    What are the main differences between this version and the old one? Is it really that much better?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    aNiMaL wrote:

thanks for the heads up, been using firefox for a while

i wished they had built in irc like mozilla ... i think they call it seamonkey now
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    Guess what this site is about?
    http://www.ie7.com/
    Hell yeah!!!

I working with firofox 2.0 since minday..
    Sometimes it says at the next start up you didn't close firefox right...
    How the f*&k is that possible? I ALWAYS DO IT RIGHT!!
  • Options
    Guess what this site is about?
    http://www.ie7.com/
    Hell yeah!!!

I working with firofox 2.0 since minday..
    Sometimes it says at the next start up you didn't close firefox right...
    How the f*&k is that possible? I ALWAYS DO IT RIGHT!!
    That's really funny someone took ie7.com for Firefox.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I posted a thread about the RC 3 version of 2.0, a week or two ago. It worked well, and didn't crash once. What's more, another thing that's good about it is, if your browser session ends unexpectedly, for any reason (say, a pc blip), it'll remember where you left off, and ask you if that's where you want to return to. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    how do you spell chec?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    how do you spell chec?
    In the United States it is spelled "check." ;)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    aNiMaL wrote:
    In the United States it is spelled "check." ;)

ok

how do i spell chec
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    ok

how do i spell chec
    Cheque?
  • Options
    Or are you asking how do you use the spell check feature?
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i like how when you click on a link it opens a new tab instead of a new window
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aNiMaL wrote:

mr. dream says "thank you" for posting/sharing this. he already loves it. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I'm back on firefox 1.5.0.7...
    At every start up firefox 2.0 keeps asking me if I want to continue with an old session or to start with a new session, becuase firefox wasn't closed right...

Strange problem....
  • Options
    MishralMishral Posts: 211
    ´Hmm... How does Firefox 2.0 work?
    Does it slow down the system in anyway?

I had firefox 1.6 earlier, but then i reinstalled my system completely.
    So I really like how fast and smooth everything works now.
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • Options
    Mishral wrote:
    ´Hmm... How does Firefox 2.0 work?
    Does it slow down the system in anyway?

I had firefox 1.6 earlier, but then i reinstalled my system completely.
    So I really like how fast and smooth everything works now.

It sure starts slower then 1.5.0.7.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    i like how when you click on a link it opens a new tab instead of a new window

so awesome. i also like how i haven't had any 'internal errors' like i would get everyday with msn and/or explorer

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    How much memory does it take up? To test, hit "ctrl+alt+delete" and it will say firefox and then there will be a number.

If it's too much more I dont need it.

Usually new versions take up more memory and arent that much better. The old iTunes used 30-40 megs of RAM, the new one 80. Fuck that...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    The big question is, does it work with Vista? I've been using Vista RC1 at work for a little while now and Firefox is NOT compatible. Which was very disappointing. I don't like using IE, even 7. I'll have to check this out. I'm using Vista Business now and since it's officially out wouldn't Firefox have to be compatible in some version?!?!?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    The big question is, does it work with Vista? I've been using Vista RC1 at work for a little while now and Firefox is NOT compatible. Which was very disappointing. I don't like using IE, even 7. I'll have to check this out. I'm using Vista Business now and since it's officially out wouldn't Firefox have to be compatible in some version?!?!?
    Yeah, i too ave been using Vista at work on a testing machine, and you're right; there is no Firefox for Vista yet. Vista for home use won;t be out 'til January some time. I am sure Firefox is working on it.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, i too ave been using Vista at work on a testing machine, and you're right; there is no Firefox for Vista yet. Vista for home use won;t be out 'til January some time. I am sure Firefox is working on it.
    Yeah well, I'd love it for work too! It's been my primary operating system for a few weeks now and I love it! I'd love it more if I could use firefox ;) . But I'll wait to put Vista on my home PC until firefox is out for it.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    its been tough to let go but I made the switch. fuck IE. i wanted to give IE7 a chance and even that sucks....2 examples..

cbssportsline.com, where I play fantasy football, simply will not work in IE. WTF?

spell check. come on MS. this is a no-brainer.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    its been tough to let go but I made the switch. fuck IE. i wanted to give IE7 a chance and even that sucks....2 examples..

cbssportsline.com, where I play fantasy football, simply will not work in IE. WTF?

spell check. come on MS. this is a no-brainer.
    Ada boy!!!

Spell check in the browser really is a no-brainer now that we have it with Firefox.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Ada boy!!!

Spell check in the browser really is a no-brainer now that we have it with Firefox.
    I've got the little yellow reminder in the task bar telling me I have updates are ready for my computer (IE7). Screw that. I'll wait the six months and 100's of updates for it before I install. And besides I am using the greatest browser ever. FF 2.0 is the best. I've had no problems, it's fast and the spell checking is the best thing ever. Especially for this place.:D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    I've got the little yellow reminder in the task bar telling me I have updates are ready for my computer (IE7). Screw that. I'll wait the six months and 100's of updates for it before I install. And besides I am using the greatest browser ever. FF 2.0 is the best. I've had no problems, it's fast and the spell checking is the best thing ever. Especially for this place.:D

IE7 isn't bad if you're forced to use it(as I am). I can't wait for the next updated Firefox though. Why don't you turn off the auto update notice? Or do you like it? ;)

• Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I switched over from Firefox 1 to Firefox 2 last night. It's working fine. Just wish I had it here at work.