WHy doesn't the board remember me?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited October 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
Since the forums were down, every time I return to the forum and there has been a significant amount of time that has passed, I have to log in again. I haven't changed anything to my settings, I have cookies enabled. What's up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    that´s myserius honey... i can´t help you with this ....hope all get´s cleared up;)
  • hehe, thanks lady :)

note: I use Mozilla firefox, maybe that has something to do with it?
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    pearlwax wrote:
    hehe, thanks lady :)

note: I use Mozilla firefox, maybe that has something to do with it?

i juse that too...and it works ...;)
  • Hmm strange. I use firefox and I never have a problem. Mind you I never log out either, so that's why!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you're on it's ignore list......
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    That happened to me twice last week. Who knwos?? Its the same as why some of us have our computers freeze when we try to reply with a quote????
    I think they haven't worked out some kinks as to what they recently updated??
    Save room for dessert!
  • Maybe your running a disk cleanup / Deleting your cookies?

Are you running any kind of anti-spyware utilities that are scanning your cookies? It could be deleting the specific cookie that remembers you for the PJ board.
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Same thing happened to me after the board went down for that one night. I use explorer. But it is remembering me now. Had to re-login in both at home and at work.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Not what I mean. I had to log in after it went down, but now I still have to log in occassionally, very randomly. Cookies are enabled, my settings haven't changed since it was down. Still happens.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I've just had to log in twice in the last half hour. I sign in and then 5 mins later a box comes up telling me i dont have permission to perform that action (like post or view cp) and i have to sign in again. Is this a cookies problem? I've recently updated my security stuff on my computer so maybe thats why. Any suggestions?
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*