Options

Get Over It Weekend..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
when you tell your significant other that your going out for a night out and they give you a hard time ,do you tell them" GET OVER IT" .....or wimper away ....?? discuss ...:)
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I used to say get over it, but then i realized I just needed to be gone for good.

Couples shuld be able to go out together and allow each other to go out alone.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    when you tell your significant other that your going out for a night out and they give you a hard time ,do you tell them" GET OVER IT" .....or wimper away ....?? discuss ...:)

just one of the many reasons i'm single....:)
  • Options
    Wow, Get Over It Weekend sounds like every weekend for me.
  • Options
    That sounds like fun but since he hasn't been out alone for a year either, it would be a bit selfish.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    you say

Im the man of the house and thats the way it is
    now go fix me a pot pie woman

:)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i invite her out...

she usually refuses anyway.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Get_Right wrote:
    you say

Im the man of the house and thats the way it is
    now go fix me a pot pie woman

:)

ha. yeah right..........

but seriously - i never got this. unless it is abused. i have a girls night once a month and when i was married my husband NEVER said anything. my girlfriends and i go on overnights/long weekends, etc. you should give each other space and freedom. I NEVER had an issue with my ex going out either -until it started to be 3-4x a week....then, it became a problem.
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I got a friend and whenever he wants to go out with the guys his girlfriend gives him shit..... god i wish he would dump that bitch.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    ha. yeah right..........

but seriously - i never got this. unless it is abused. i have a girls night once a month and when i was married my husband NEVER said anything. my girlfriends and i go on overnights/long weekends, etc. you should give each other space and freedom. I NEVER had an issue with my ex going out either -until it started to be 3-4x a week....then, it became a problem.

hahahaha
    I thought that might get your attention

gotta have some space or it aint healthy
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. I wish more couples understood that just because they're a part of a couple doesn't mean that they have to do everything together. It's good to have nights where each person goes out with their own friends. It's healthy for their relationship, as well as for their relationships with their friends. I can't stand it when couples can't have some independence from each other.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    Oops ...
  • Options
    Double oops ...
  • Options
    See I don't get the hard time. I get worse: Sad eyes...Oh, you're really going out? Oh. Um, okay. That's worse. At least it is if you're Irish, and have guilt
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    thankfully, mr. dream never gives me a ahard time about my plans.....however, it works both ways, i don't give him shite for his plans either. so it's all good on the dreamn front. :) we both are pretty open, and damn respectful of each others' interests and activities. only if they may conflict with joint activities, put too big a strain on the finances, or things of that nature...do either of us try to reign the other in. i am VERY thankful for that in our marriage. well along with a few other things too. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    this was something one of my co workers said to me today ,he said this weekend is "getover it weekend" and i asked why and he explained that he had not been out in a while and that is what he was going to tell hi's wife ,i said you shouldn't have to do that if you have a strong relationship as long as your not interfering with anything to do together ...
  • Options
    I used to say get over it, but then i realized I just needed to be gone for good.

True,it's too bad you only ever followed 1/2 of that equation - going out and getting drunk with your GF several nights a week. Must be why you'll soon no longer be married.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My wife is good about it

I usaully go to Flyers games or a Local Bar without her

The Bar is great we play Quizzo and they have $.10 wings and $1.25 Drafts all night :)

She goes out "Girls Night Out" every once in awhile

I just text and call her every 10 mins :eek:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    If you still have an active sex life....stay home.

If your wife weighs 311 pounds and stopped bathing in 1986, by all means, have a great time.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    cory wrote:
    If you still have an active sex life....stay home.

If your wife weighs 311 pounds and stopped bathing in 1986, by all means, have a great time.

Makes my sex life even more active..come home buzzed and bang the old lady

She loves the smell of Hot Wings Sauce a real turn on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Makes my sex life even more active..come home buzzed and bang the old lady

She loves the smell of Hot Wings Sauce a real turn on

You guys won't believe this, but I'm a homebody. I don't like going out anymore. The same motherfuckers who were clubbing when I was in college are still out there. It's pathetic when I think about it. Then again, we're Jackson, TN and there's not a lot of shit to do. But I'd rather stay home with my kids, play my son on XBOX, write songs with my daughter, rub my wife's feet while we watch a movie, tuck my kids in, and rock that ass out like 18 motherfuckers right before passing out into a peaceful slumber.

The above story is true.

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

dont go out much w/ out gf anymore

the hockey games are different thats boys night

then again my partying days are over pretty much so its not a issue

that being said i believe each of you should have some alone out time
    especially at a pj meetup

if she is gonna get that upset just take her or dont go
    its not worth the headache:)lol
  • Options

why would anyone even date someone who gave them a hard time about that? I honestly just don't get why people put up with that stuff.
  • Options
    Dear Jose,

Please ask your wife if you can take her panties off and let you be a man for one night...you little pussy;)

Regards,

Fellow Panty Wearer

• Options
    as i stated before this is not something i have to deal with in my marriage i have a great relationship, i go out when i have something i really wan't to do no problem from her at all and she has the same trust from me when she wants to go out with her friends i have no problem at all ,this is something that a coworker in my unit has to deal with ......
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    as i stated before this is not something i have to deal with in my marriage i have a great relationship, i go out when i have something i really wan't to do no problem from her at all and she has the same trust from me when she wants to go out with her friends i have no problem at all ,this is something that a coworker in my unit has to deal with ......

ohhhh

well ...same advice to him lol