Options

Anyone ever vacationed in Punta Cana DR?

given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm thinking about going to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) for 5 nights in April for my 30th birthday. Sounds like a dream, sandy white beaches, perfect weather, ect.

Anyone ever been? Looking for feedback. The resort I'm looking at is the EdenH Real, which is brand spankin' new and offering killer rates because it's just opening!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I have never been but my wife and I are planning to go away mid feb. We are looking at either Punta Cana or somewhere in Cuba (i dont think americans can go to cuba). We have been looking at Eden for its great rates. Try tripadvisor.com, great travel site.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    I'm actually going to Punta Cana in April.....never been before, but I have a lot of clients that have vacationed in Punta Cana and haven't really heard anything bad from any of them!!! Do it!! I'm sure you'll have a blast! I agree, tripadvisor.com is a huge help! I got a lot of great information from that site last year when I went to Vegas and have been checking on there for the Dominican too.....
  • Options
    Friends of mine just got back from there. They loved every minute of it all. Their group ranged from 23-26 y/o males and females. So unless you have something against everything that age group enjoys, then you should have some fun :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I'm actually going to Punta Cana in April.....never been before, but I have a lot of clients that have vacationed in Punta Cana and haven't really heard anything bad from any of them!!! Do it!! I'm sure you'll have a blast! I agree, tripadvisor.com is a huge help! I got a lot of great information from that site last year when I went to Vegas and have been checking on there for the Dominican too.....

Apparently we should just have a PJ meetup in Punta Cana cause my wife and I are going April 10-17th ;) We are probably staying at the Majestic Colonial due to it's amazing rating on Trip Advisor (#2 hotel in Punta Cana) We stayed in Puerto Plata last year and stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada which was rated #1 by trip advisor and it lived up to everything people had to say!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,329
    i'm going in march can't wait ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    A few friends of mine have gone before, and loved it.....and we are going back with them Spring 2009
    "It's all happening"