Options

Orange and Blue network

smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone have experience with Cingular/ATT? I bought a new phone the other day and tried to pop my old SIM card in but it didn't work. I called ATT and they said my account is on the "old orange network" and my account needs to be upgraded to the "new blue network" before I can upgrade my phone. Sounds like a crock of shit to me. I think they just want more money. My old phone still works but the screen is broken, I'm just gonna hold out til I don't know when. Screw ATT.
Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
07/13/98 Los Angeles
07/14/98 Los Angeles
10/31/99 Bridge School
10/28/00 San Bernardino
10/31/00 Mountain View
10/21/01 Bridge School
06/01/03 Mountain View
07/15/06 SF I
07/16/06 SF II
07/18/06 SF III
10/21/06 Bridge School
04/07/08 Berkeley
04/08/08 Berkeley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    WOW.. thats really shitty service. I'm on ATT, but I have an iphone, so its different. But really thats bad.

I'd go in and speak to a manager. Sometimes you can find someone who will fix the problem without all the hassle. These days its hard though.. Cell phone companies in general are not as giving as they used to be.
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    i had the same problem last summer. they upgraded my account or whatever and gave me a new sim card. didn't cost anything extra.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Sounds like they are getting you off the Cingular (orange) network and putting you on the AT&T (blue) network. Shouldn't cost you a dime other then the phone cost.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Yea, the switch between the two should be free. At least it was for me about a year ago, maybe 8 months. I did however, have to pay my full Cingular bill, but there weren't any extra costs for switching, at least I cannot remember any.

Your best bet would be to find an AT&T store close to you and go in and ask there, the customer service by phone is pretty awful.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."