NFL Playoff fodder

smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Any team not on this list is just playoff fodder and dreaming,

Patriots
Colts
Cowboys
Packers

Never in my life have I seen such a disparity between the teams with bye-weeks and the teams that played on wildcard weekend.
Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
07/13/98 Los Angeles
07/14/98 Los Angeles
10/31/99 Bridge School
10/28/00 San Bernardino
10/31/00 Mountain View
10/21/01 Bridge School
06/01/03 Mountain View
07/15/06 SF I
07/16/06 SF II
07/18/06 SF III
10/21/06 Bridge School
04/07/08 Berkeley
04/08/08 Berkeley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    My guess... one of those 4 teams on your list loses this weekend
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Actually two of them will... you'll have to wait to find out who but I couldn't disagree more with this post.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Don't give the Packers too much credit. They couldn't beat the Bears.
  • Options
    Way to pick the 1 and 2 seeds in each conference :P

I think the NYG/Dallas game on Sunday will be a thriller. Eli finally has confidence and Dallas has been struggling lately.

The GB/Seattle game will also be interesting. GB is a good team but recent problems after an awesome start don't really say much about that team. I'd love to see Favre go out with a bang (be it this year or 2012). Seattle is a pretty good team.

Don't be surprised if the NFC Championship game is NYG v Seattle. Seriously.

As for the AFC. For some unknown reason I'm actually pulling for NE. I'm sick of those old farts cracking open champagne after the final undefeated loses. That being said I'm only pulling for NE if they don't meet the Giants in the Superbowl :P

Jacksonville, who was supposed to be the surprise team of the playoffs, still may be, but they showed me nothing in Pittsburgh last week. I think Pitt had 6? starters out, and their best defensive man was playing a bit hurt.

San Diego is team that still to this day is playing below potential. They've been on a nice streak but last weeks game wasn't much to write home about.

Predictions for this upcoming week?

NYG over Dallas 27-21
    GB over Seattle 21-13
    NE over Jacksonville 35-20
    Indy over SD 31-20

:D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    i say dallas and Green Bay both lose.

Tony Homo has been chillen in Cancun with his hottie instead of practicing..
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    i say dallas and Green Bay both lose.

Tony Homo has been chillen in Cancun with his hottie instead of practicing..

I'm for it!
  • Options
    smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Its not that I think all four of these teams are that great, its just that their four opponents are bad. The Seahawks? What a joke. They're only in the playoffs because some team had to win the pathetic NFC West. The Giants? Wildly inconsistant quarterbacks do not go far in the playoffs. The Pats and Colts are the real deal, there is no way in hell they are losing this weekend, especially to either the Jags or Chargers.

Dallas 45-17
    Green Bay 35-20
    Patriots 38-24
    Colts 24-13
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • Options
    smg9779 wrote:
    Its not that I think all four of these teams are that great, its just that their four opponents are bad. The Seahawks? What a joke. They're only in the playoffs because some team had to win the pathetic NFC West. The Giants? Wildly inconsistant quarterbacks do not go far in the playoffs. The Pats and Colts are the real deal, there is no way in hell they are losing this weekend, especially to either the Jags or Chargers.

Dallas 45-17
    Green Bay 35-20
    Patriots 38-24
    Colts 24-13

I agree that Eli is very inconsistent, it really depends on which Eli shows up. If it's the Eli from the last 2 weeks I stand by my previous picks, if it's the Eli that NY has grown to hate, well then I stand by yours :P
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    smg9779 wrote:

Dallas 45-17
    Green Bay 35-20
    Patriots 38-24
    Colts 24-13

Well the Chargers have already beaten the Colts once this year and New England hasn't played a team with the running attack the Jags will throw at them so no one should be surprised it they pull the upset.
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Dallas 24-17
    Seattle 13-12
    New England 27-24
    San Diego 24-21
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    smg9779 wrote:
    Any team not on this list is just playoff fodder and dreaming,

Patriots
    Colts
    Cowboys
    Packers

Never in my life have I seen such a disparity between the teams with bye-weeks and the teams that played on wildcard weekend.

I don't know, I honestly see the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    SomniumSomnium Posts: 85
    gobrowns19 wrote:

Hass doesn't have what it takes to close the deal.
    fuck the public
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    gobrowns19 wrote:

Yes, if its Pats-Seahawks I got tickets.....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    This year is really like last year...I think the Super Bowl winner is in the AFC. Pats or Colts.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Way to pick the 1 and 2 seeds in each conference :P

I think the NYG/Dallas game on Sunday will be a thriller. Eli finally has confidence and Dallas has been struggling lately.

The GB/Seattle game will also be interesting. GB is a good team but recent problems after an awesome start don't really say much about that team. I'd love to see Favre go out with a bang (be it this year or 2012). Seattle is a pretty good team.

Don't be surprised if the NFC Championship game is NYG v Seattle. Seriously.

As for the AFC. For some unknown reason I'm actually pulling for NE. I'm sick of those old farts cracking open champagne after the final undefeated loses. That being said I'm only pulling for NE if they don't meet the Giants in the Superbowl :P

Jacksonville, who was supposed to be the surprise team of the playoffs, still may be, but they showed me nothing in Pittsburgh last week. I think Pitt had 6? starters out, and their best defensive man was playing a bit hurt.

San Diego is team that still to this day is playing below potential. They've been on a nice streak but last weeks game wasn't much to write home about.

Predictions for this upcoming week?

NYG over Dallas 27-21
    GB over Seattle 21-13
    NE over Jacksonville 35-20
    Indy over SD 31-20

:D

This is pretty much what I'd state ... unless T.O. is at 100%, really changes the scope of that offense and the Giants d-backs are dinged.

I just cannot get over what a whiny team San Diego is, they are like a bunch of Dan Marinos running around the field ... they are the anti-Patriots ... completely distracted, over emotional and as stated above, continuously playing under potential (Marnio comment doesn't apply to this under potential point, just the whiney point) ... Rivers, Tomlinson, Merriman ... christ, they whine so much and have no qualms with smack talk to the point of distraction ... so immensely unlikable ... and all you fucks whining about the Pats cheating, why not give Merriman a dose of your guff?

Colts did lose to them ... but Manning threw 6(!) pics that game in shitty weather and they STILL had a chance to win it at the end, but Vinitieri shanked the easy figgy ... won't happen in the dome. I say the Colts win this handily.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    somnium wrote:
    Hass doesn't have what it takes to close the deal.

eh...they don't have a running game.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Packers v Jaguars in the superbowl. The Jags have the best chance at the Pats because they might just be able to run over them with MJD and Fred Taylor.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Packers v Jaguars in the superbowl. The Jags have the best chance at the Pats because they might just be able to run over them with MJD and Fred Taylor.

this is also my pick for the superbowl.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    jacksonville or seattle might have a chance