Options

ICE BOWL 2008 Pics

BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Today was one of the best sporting events i been apart of . The fans from pens fans to sabres fans to all those crazy canadians that went just for the the love of hockey . My team lost today but i dont think it really matters the whole event was bigger than one team winning or losing ... I think it should be looked at as a victory for hockey .... FUCK YEAH .... woo hooo .... plus they played bon jovi livin on a prayer , 73 thousands fans singin that was just sweeet. i hope this becomes a yearly event

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0065.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0064.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0063.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0061.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0060.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0059.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0058.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0056.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0055.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0053.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0049.jpg
Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

Comments

• Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Great shots and thanks for posting! There's a thread on here about people choosing this event over all the bowl games -- and just about everyone posting went for the winter classic! I watched that on NBC's HD channel today. And yeah, this needs to be an annual tradition...no doubt about it. Watching that snow fly while the game was in progress sort of made me think of my pond hockey days so many years ago!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detroit Red Wings at Soldier Field in Chicago.

:D
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

that would be awesome
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:
    plus they played bon jovi livin on a prayer , 73 thousands fans singin that was just sweeet. i hope this becomes a yearly event

that was a great point of panning into the crowd

unfortunatly, I found the NBC telecast had the mics for the crowd noise turned down, whereas, the CBC telecast had them at normal levels. The crowd atmosphere was great during the game on CBC, but I when I flipped to the NBC broadcast, it was bland.

Also, the CBC did a cool segment on the Memorial Auditorium, showing the condition it is now

too bad it's being demolished in October, was a great arena
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

HELL YES!!!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    i heard they might try and bring this to the linc in philly.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It was very cool !

They need to make this a yearly event like the College Bowls

Definitely a boost for Hockey anytime 73,000 fans are there !

I would love to go to a game like that
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

They dont need ice for that slippery field

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    awesome, buffalo! :) i'm happy for you that you were able to be there to witness it. thanks for sharing the pics. fantastic!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yeah, thanks for posting those pics, Buffalo! Awesome you were there - I watched the whole game on the TV.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    I loved the image with the old Sabres logo in the background. Kind of remind of the old Sabre star Gilbert Perreault, I can remember having his rookie card.

I'd like to see my team the Boston Bruins play the Montreal Canadians in Boston at Gillette Stadium. That I'd pay to see, did they have hot chocolate for sale?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331

Wasn't it something like 70+ degrees around this time in Philly last year (thank you Global Warming!!!)??? Therefore, I doubt it won't happen due to this newly unpredictable weather.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    If Hockey was always played outside, I think I'd be a bigger fan.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

The game becomes much more unpredictible and even more constant hustle and hitting just to keep warm. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    been a while since i've payed attention to hockey....but i have to admit, today was the first day in at least 5 years i watched (half a game) that didn't involve the blackhawks.

it was good stuff. this is the type of advertising the NHL needs.
  • Options

have a time travel machine? :D

there are always pond hockey leagues to follow too. ;)

really, though, there is something special about an outdoor game.
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    that was a great point of panning into the crowd

unfortunatly, I found the NBC telecast had the mics for the crowd noise turned down, whereas, the CBC telecast had them at normal levels. The crowd atmosphere was great during the game on CBC, but I when I flipped to the NBC broadcast, it was bland.

Also, the CBC did a cool segment on the Memorial Auditorium, showing the condition it is now

too bad it's being demolished in October, was a great arena

i couldnt agree more with you about the difference in tv telecast cbc always shines . i thought it was cool just to see don cherry walkin aroound in his suit at the game very cool
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

I thought the whole thing was spectacular! I found the game entertaining, and the atmosphere was incredible. Big ups to my former hometown of Buffalo for doing a bang-up job with the Winter Classic!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:
    i thought it was cool just to see don cherry walkin aroound in his suit at the game very cool

yeah Don was looking pretty classy as always
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'll take Blues vs. Blackhawks in 2009 at Soldier Field.
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i had more fun watching that than i did any football game this year. mario already talked to commissioner douchebag about having it in pittsburgh next year, and what mario wants, mario gets. however, it's montreal's centennial next year, so they will most likely get it.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    i had more fun watching that than i did any football game this year. mario already talked to commissioner douchebag about having it in pittsburgh next year, and what mario wants, mario gets. however, it's montreal's centennial next year, so they will most likely get it.

that wouldnt bother me if they split hosting the ice bowl between the US and CANADA .

BUFFALO wrote:
    that wouldnt bother me if they switched every year between countries ....

man, I haven't been to Montreal in about 5 years, but where could they have it ?

at McGill stadium where the Alouettes play ? it's only about 20,000

I doubt the NHL would want to play in the big mistake, that thing is falling apart, plus, I don't think the roof could be opened without it falling apart, and it doesn't completely open 100 %, it's like a small circle
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    BUFFALO wrote:
    that wouldnt bother me if they split hosting the ice bowl between the US and CANADA .
    it's not really a split. it's the canadians 100th anniversary. otherwise, mario may have announced it already the game went so well. the canadian teams would all get it eventually because they're all cold weather. you kinda feel bad for the southern teams that can't get it, but no one really cares in the south about hockey anyway.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    I'll take Blues vs. Blackhawks in 2009 at Soldier Field.

I heard a very similar rumour here on our sports radio today ......but instead of the Blues they were talking about the Wings and Hawks at Soldier field.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10