Options

Totaled my car

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,558
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
man that was fun

so we're in the HOV lane on the LIE-495 (long island expressway), the HOV lane is for 2 or more people thats on the left side of the high way...i'm getting out of the HOV lane and this huge black SUV is doing 90 is coming into me and cutting me off....so i julted the car to the left, lost control...went head on into the cement divider...air bags deploy...shoot across 4 lanes, an 18 wheeler missed us, head on into the guard rail, the front of the car comes up to the front, windshield breaks....car is done
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    man that was fun

so we're in the HOV lane on the LIE-495 (long island expressway), the HOV lane is for 2 or more people thats on the left side of the high way...i'm getting out of the HOV lane and this huge black SUV is doing 90 is coming into me and cutting me off....so i julted the car to the left, lost control...went head on into the cement divider...air bags deploy...shoot across 4 lanes, an 18 wheeler missed us, head on into the guard rail, the front of the car comes up to the front, windshield breaks....car is done

Are you ok?!? I fucking hate the L.I.E!!! What exit were you around?!?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    jesus christ!! sorry about the car, but thank god you're okay
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Glad you're OK man. This is not a good week to be driving it seems.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So glad you're ok! Or at least I'm assuming you are since you're posting. :) This is the second wreak I've heard of within the last 15 mins. :( Hope everything works out.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    daaamn!! that sounded scary.
    Glad you are ok.......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Are you ok?!? I fucking hate the L.I.E!!! What exit were you around?!?

between 53 and 52 going west between commack and deer park

im fine, i just have no idea how we are alive and didnt get hit by any cars while shooting across 4 lanes
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options

im fine, i just have no idea how we did not get hit by any cars while shooting across 4 lanes
    that is indeed amazing, thank goodness.

yeah it scares me to drive this time of year, people seem so preoccupied and in a hurry on the road. everybody be careful!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i went though a very similar accident.....glad you're ok?...;) :)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

im fine, i just have no idea how we are alive and didnt get hit by any cars while shooting across 4 lanes

I shot across the road last week and jumped my car across a curb and some grass into a parking lot. I was weirded out for a few days myself.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    shit!! my cd is in the car :-\
  • Options
    shit!! my cd is in the car :-\
    Which cd? Do you need a replacement! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Glad you're ok! Fuck that sounds bad!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Which cd? Do you need a replacement! :)

no it was a burned copy of jack johnson "on and on"
  • Options
    no it was a burned copy of jack johnson "on and on"
    Phew! Hope everything works out ok. :)
  • Options
    Yo insurance is gonna go way dee fuck up!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options

I've travled that stretch of road many times. I've also sacrificed a few windshields to the LIE Gods. At this point, a cracked windshield and my car probably would be totalled
  • Options
    man that was fun

Dude you swerved hard enough that you spun out on the highway?

How? Was this on dry pavement?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    What happened to the huge black SUV? Did they stop?

I totaled my car once when I dozed off and ran into the back of an old Lincoln Continental. It didn't have a scratch and my front end was crumpled.

I did pull out 10 discs out of the cd changer. I got 10+ grand back towards another car.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,580
    That sounds freaking scary. I'm glad you are okay. Has the shock worn off to hit your heart yet?
  • Options
    Holy hell. Glad to see you're ok.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.