Options

Mayweather is going down...

MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
..that is all
10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    ..that is all

.....On whom, his wife or you? :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I hope Hatton knocks him out.
  • Options
    I highly doubt it. Floyd is too fast.
  • Options
    I highly doubt it. Floyd is too fast.

Too fast running away...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Yeah, go Ricky!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I hope Ricky will prove to be too strong and persistent in coming forward for Mayweather to handle.
    Hatton can learn a lot from De La Hoya's fight against Mayweather. I.e, don't slack off in the later rounds.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I hope Ricky will prove to be too strong and persistent in coming forward for Mayweather to handle.
    Hatton can learn a lot from De La Hoya's fight against Mayweather. I.e, don't slack off in the later rounds.

If Hatton can connect some big hits to Mayweather's dome and body, it is over.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    If Hatton can connect some big hits to Mayweather's dome and body, it is over.

Key word If

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I think Mayweather is the most overrated boxer of modern times. He's fast, but if he tires and Hatton keeps the pressure on in the middle to later rounds, it'll be Hatton's by a late stoppage at the least. I think Hatton will need to finish his man, though.
  • Options
    Hatton is one of the most in-shape fighters out there. The guy controls every fight and he is always the aggressor.
    Floyd is a cocky shit. He is a very fast puncher but, he is always back stepping looking for the couter punch.

I can not wait to hear what Larry Merchant has to say about this fight.
    He makes every night of boxing so much more interesting.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I'm gonna put my anglo American hat away for this one and just say...boy would I love to see Ricky smash this guy into the middle of next week...It needs to happen.
    Come on Ricky, smash the loud mouth!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    These two guys are pussies compared to Clubber Lang.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Remember when Nazeem Hamed got mullered by Barrera, there seemed to be a chasm in ability not many in England had expected, he'd had two or three fights in the states like Hatton has had so far. Loved seeing Naz get atheism.
  • Options
    Neither guy is going to get tired. Both are in the best shape of thier careers could 15 rounds if they had to. Floyd's hands are the fastest in a long time besides Roy Jones and his defense is perfect. Honestly he probably has the better chin too. Floyd will probably be able to hurt Hatton to the body but not the head. I've seen Hatton wince after getting hit with body shots many times. I really like Hatton, but I don't think he will be able to stop Floyd.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    i just hope that if ricky wins that floyd admits it was by the better man,and not start making excuses about sore hands etc.pretty sure ricky would take defeat like a man.
  • Options
    No boxing fans on here huh? I cant wait for Saturday...
  • Options
    pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Pretty excited too! I'm in the UK, so gonna try not to go out too early & get pissed and end up missing the fight!

There's a bunch of us going out around 10pm to watch the Amir Khan bout in the pub. Then going for an Indian at 11:30pm.
    Then down to the local to watch the undercard (think Jeff Lacy's fighting Peter Manfredo Jr!) and then the big fight!
    Think it's pencilled in for around 4am.

Seen interviews with Bernard Hopkins & Sugar Shane Moseley, both got a gut feeling the Hitman may upset the odds.
    Hope he does, not just cause Hatton's a great guy, but because a mate of mine's putting £1,000 on Ricky to win !!!

Any ideas who else is on the undercard?
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Options
    Mayweather's supposed to have a 7inch reach advantage, that seems quite a lot what with all thats been said about his hand speed. Hope Ricky can do it but not hopeful, Hopkins & De La Hoya may be talking up Hatton but they gonna do that for the promoters anyhow.
  • Options
    This is going to be a great fight!
    Mayweather does not know what he is geting himself into. All he does is talk about his cash and how great he is. A Ali he will never be, a great fighter yea....but Hatton is gonna bring the fucking pain!!!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Pretty excited too! I'm in the UK, so gonna try not to go out too early & get pissed and end up missing the fight!

There's a bunch of us going out around 10pm to watch the Amir Khan bout in the pub. Then going for an Indian at 11:30pm.
    Then down to the local to watch the undercard (think Jeff Lacy's fighting Peter Manfredo Jr!) and then the big fight!
    Think it's pencilled in for around 4am.

Seen interviews with Bernard Hopkins & Sugar Shane Moseley, both got a gut feeling the Hitman may upset the odds.
    Hope he does, not just cause Hatton's a great guy, but because a mate of mine's putting £1,000 on Ricky to win !!!

Any ideas who else is on the undercard?

Yea, Hatton's younger brother.
    I am watching the build up on HBO. Mayweather is a workout machine.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    Remember when Nazeem Hamed got mullered by Barrera, there seemed to be a chasm in ability not many in England had expected, he'd had two or three fights in the states like Hatton has had so far.
    Oh yeah!!!!
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    I guess Mayweather didn't lose, because he is as good as he says he is.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    I guess Mayweather didn't lose, because he is as good as he says he is.
    yeah, had a feeling Hatton might have trouble landing a punch, Maywether hardly wasted one.