Options

Lets Go Giants!!!

NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Nice win yesterday... we're off to AZ... Bring on the Pats!!!
4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
"the waiting drove me mad..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Pats are going to win
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    Pats are going to win
    nope.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Yup
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    thanks GIANTS for making this yr not a downer like all of our other sports team ,YANKEES,METS,KNICKS,NETS,RANGERS,ISLES,JETS,we have been in a slump it seems like for ever i hope you beat the PATS ,so thanks for making this post season fun again .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    pats are very beatable...

Giants just can't make the mistakes that all the teams (including themselves) have made against them...

the line shouldn't be what it is.

go Giants...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Congrats on the NFC title. I don't know how you guys did it, because I don't see much talent on that team, or in the NFC for that matter. The NFC was really wide open this year and the Cowboys and Pack weren't heads above the rest like everyone was saying. But you guys made the most of it, good luck in Arizona.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    Congrats on the NFC title. I don't know how you guys did it, because I don't see much talent on that team, or in the NFC for that matter. The NFC was really wide open this year and the Cowboys and Pack weren't heads above the rest like everyone was saying. But you guys made the most of it, good luck in Arizona.

The Giants lost to the Pack week 2 because Eli had a seperated shoulder (something people tend to forget), and they fumbled a kickoff when the score was 14-13 going into the 4th qtr.

They lost to the cowboys the first game in a shootout when their D was still learning, and they lost the second game after having two TD's called back.

They beat the Lions (a team playing for a lot at the time). They came back and beat the skins, they beat the Eagles twice and their record was not indicitive of their team this year (they will be good next year).

Eli had the worst game of his career against MN. It happens. His brother has done it, Favre has done it, Brady threw 3 yesterday, etc. Cant judge a man on one game.

Who is so awesome in the AFC? The Patriots obviously, then who? Colts, Jags, Steelers, Chargers, then who? Browns? Bungals?

The Giants are hands down one of the best teams in football. Their D has superstarts (Umenyoria and Strahan obviously, Pierce should be a household name by now, especially after making the play of his life on that screen tackling the guy WHILE being blocked, Wilson is extremenly underated as a safety...very good ball player, Ross is going to be a shut down corner, etc).
    I just dont know how people dont think this team is very talented.

Then you have the offense...Ward the forgotten man, jacobs who is a fucking monster, Plaxico who is one of the best in the game but keeps his mouth shut and doesnt get all the recognition, Toomer is steady as a rock, and then the line which is one of the best in the NFL.

This team deserves to be where they are. No doubt. They beat the two teams who clinched home field advantage....aka the top two teams in NFC...now lets beat the best in the game. And yes, thanks for making this season so god damn fun, and lets keep it going!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    brainofPJ wrote:

Tell that to the 18 teams that have tried before ... like ... the Giants.

19-0!!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    The Giants lost to the Pack week 2 because Eli had a seperated shoulder (something people tend to forget), and they fumbled a kickoff when the score was 14-13 going into the 4th qtr.

They lost to the cowboys the first game in a shootout when their D was still learning, and they lost the second game after having two TD's called back.

They beat the Lions (a team playing for a lot at the time). They came back and beat the skins, they beat the Eagles twice and their record was not indicitive of their team this year (they will be good next year).

Eli had the worst game of his career against MN. It happens. His brother has done it, Favre has done it, Brady threw 3 yesterday, etc. Cant judge a man on one game.

Who is so awesome in the AFC? The Patriots obviously, then who? Colts, Jags, Steelers, Chargers, then who? Browns? Bungals?

The Giants are hands down one of the best teams in football. Their D has superstarts (Umenyoria and Strahan obviously, Pierce should be a household name by now, especially after making the play of his life on that screen tackling the guy WHILE being blocked, Wilson is extremenly underated as a safety...very good ball player, Ross is going to be a shut down corner, etc).

Then you have the offense...Ward the forgotten man, jacobs who is a fucking monster, Plaxico who is one of the best in the game but keeps his mouth shut and doesnt get all the recognition, Toomer is steady as a rock, and then the line which is one of the best in the NFL.

This team deserves to be where they are. No doubt. They beat the two teams who clinched home field advantage....aka the top two teams in NFC...now lets beat the best in the game. And yes, thanks for making this season so god damn fun, and lets keep it going!

agreed on all points hell they even had the pats on the ropes if the cluless refuse to acknowledge this team they are in for another rude awakeing ,the SB will be alot closer than what the so called experts believe will be ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Tell that to the 18 teams that have tried before ... like ... the Giants.

19-0!!!!

ok, i will...

and i believe i mentioned that the giants lost to them.

sorry, but not all 18 teams tried to beat them before...only a handful did...and they all shot themselves in the foot.

• Options
    agreed on all points hell they even had the pats on the ropes if the cluless refuse to acknowledge this team they are in for another rude awakeing ,the SB will be alot closer than what the so called experts believe will be ....

i can't wait to see brady do this in the super bowl:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lMn8Kg7Mgl0

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I only caught some of the game, but did I hear correctly that Spags was in consideration for a head coaching job somewhere? or was joe buck just spewing from the mouth again???
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

Man, that was fun to watch. Thanks.
    I only caught some of the game, but did I hear correctly that Spags was in consideration for a head coaching job somewhere? or was joe buck just spewing from the mouth again???
    Atlanta. Man it would suck to see him go, but he deserves a shot.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    brainofPJ wrote:

Giants just can't make the mistakes that all the teams (including themselves) have made against them...

the line shouldn't be what it is.

go Giants...
    the pats do tend to play down to their competition in the SB esepcially the eagles game *up by 10 late in the game and they let Mcnabb throw that td pass*
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Who is so awesome in the AFC? The Patriots obviously, then who? Colts, Jags, Steelers, Chargers,
    all would whip the giants ass

it wouldnt be close

the kool aid is stale
  • Options
    if the cluless refuse to acknowledge this team t.

not clueless
    realists

the nFC is fucking awful
    hows that SB record the last 7 years? hell 10 years
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

yup 6 tds 1 pick in the SB

i'd look for him to throw another one real soon :rolleyes:

he just faced the chargers secondary and now is going back to the giants secondary

its like a bye week
  • Options

he was crying in his hands after that (you know the hand with three rings on)
  • Options

haha...yea. brady is far from perfect...even after this season.

on espn 2 someone was trying to blame his subpar game on the wind...oh please.

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    haha...yea. brady is far from perfect...even after this season.

on espn 2 someone was trying to blame his subpar game on the wind...oh please.
    your hard on for anti new england is hilarious

EVERYONE f'in knows the pats will dominate this game
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    do it for us gmen

screw these wanna-be's
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I'll give props to the Patriots because they seem to be the best. However, each game can bring surprise, and I hope the Giants win. Go Giants!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options

that resume is not impressive at all! like NoCode said, yes all them teams would have easily won the NFC. The G-men do deserve to be there... they played the best football in the conference, but you guys are totally outmatched in the Superbowl. i'm not at all surprised at the point spread ....the Pats are that good and the Giants are not!
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    that resume is not impressive at all! like NoCode said, yes all them teams would have easily won the NFC. The G-men do deserve to be there... they played the best football in the conference, but you guys are totally outmatched in the Superbowl. i'm not at all surprised at the point spread ....the Pats are that good and the Giants are not!

the spread is dropping very quick
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the spread is dropping very quick

is it...what's it at 13 1/2..lol? I don't think it will drop lower than 10.
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    is it...what's it at 13 1/2..lol? I don't think it will drop lower than 10.

actually 12 and dropping

but yes not lower than 9 or 10
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    actually 12 and dropping

but yes not lower than 9 or 10

unless people find out Brady's foot injury is far worse than people currently believe, the spread won't go below 10.

I said in a different thread ... 14 was too high ... Pats winning by about 2 scores, 9-13, feels right ...

Everyone in the world can take the Giants lighly, but if there's one team, one coach that won't allow that to happen, it's this one ... they've been on the other side of that coin, and busted the Rams up. They know not to underestimate ANY team.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    brainofPJ wrote:

That was the same year that Eli and the Giants were shutout by the Panthers 24-0. THAT WAS A LAUGHER!!!!!!!

One fact is true....Brady's Patriot NEVER been shutout in the PLAYOFFS ever.
    This will happen again in the Super Bowl. Giants' secondary are easy picking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKGG2SCCB8
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

like taking candy from a baby ...