Options

heard some info on Zeppelin 2008 tour

lukin55lukin55 Posts: 23
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
(let me preface this post by saying most people will call bullshit on it, but im just passing on info from a VERY reliable source!!)

so last night im having my family xmas party and my dads neighbor is there; he's a bigshot lawyer in the NJ/PA area and he has a suite at all the big philly area stadiums (wachovia center/spectrum, lincoln financial field, citizens bank park, the Borgata) that he uses to entertain clients. well for most events he doesnt use his suite (he's a non-drinker, and has little kids at home) so for about the past 3 years he's let my family use it for any sporting events and concerts we want to go to, absolutely for free. we just call him up and say a band is coming we want to see or theres a big game we want to go to, and if he isnt using his tix he just makes a phone call and we can go; i've gone to more games and concerts in the past 3 years than i have in the past 25 yrs of my life! so anyway the stadiums usually get info about shows WAY in advance of the general public, for instance, he was telling us about such reunion show such as VanHalen, Genesis and The Police well over a YEAR before they were even announced to the public; they then pass on the info to their bigger clients so that they can make their arrangements for the suite. so anyway last night he told us he got a call from his contact at citizens bank park and that zeppelin is scheduled to play there, although no date is set yet....

so thats it, folks, just passing on some info! merry christmas to all!!!!!
My dad's last words to me: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety's on."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I don't cal BS at all. That shit was too detailed o think you had that kinda time to make it up.

Thanks for passing the info along and Merry Christmas to you!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I don't cal BS at all. That shit was too detailed o think you had that kinda time to make it up.

exactly what i thought when i read it , i really really hope thye tour
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    yeah if that was BS then you have WAY to much time on your hands
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I don't call BS on your part, but we had the same story in the papers here in Wales concerning our stadium in Cardiff.
    Thing is, and I've said this before, the people who are most desperate for this supoosed reunion are the promoters, the lawyers..and the stadium managers. It's gonna be rumoursville all the way, cos those guys are desperate for it to happen....personally I aint. I read Robert saying a dozen or more times that he's not interested, and I just hope he sticks to his guns..there's no need to be dragging it out again, the band stand alone and I hope that's how they leave it.
    And as Robert has already announced, and sold out a European tour with Ms Krauss early next summer, it's hard to see where any reunion tour would fit in.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    aNiMaL wrote:

unless it was the most detailed, elaborate hoax ever.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    went to see them in Wembley, AMAZIN!!! my husband, me and his 2 mates. They sound exactly the same!! Despite been in their 60s!! AMAZING!!!
  • Options
    went to see them in Wembley, AMAZIN!!! my husband, me and his 2 mates. They sound exactly the same!! Despite been in their 60s!! AMAZING!!!
    I guess you mean the O2, they haven't played in Wembley since 1971 I think....but hey, what do you think......
    http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=39375

I call BS, it's promoters and stadium owners like I said..desperate for it to happen. Rob and Jimmy and John Paul feature in the Times rich list every year..they're worth around £70 M each...do you think for one minute they need a world tour to make up a pension fund? Let's all behave ourselves and hope they leave the legend in tact. Which brings me to this point, yes I would have loved to be at the O2..but why is everyone so excited at the idea of a dvd of the show? If you want to see Zep live on your tv, get the classic dvd, or the new remastered SRTS...I promise you, however good they were in London 2 weeks ago..they were a damn site better in MSG in 1973...watch that, stop being so silly.
  • Options
    I hope that guy is right! I am so excited just thinking about it! I can only imagine how excited I'll be after an official announcement! :)
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    If this lad's right (which I hope he is), and there's a 2008 tour....my good god.
    Zeppmania shall make us all crazy!
  • Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I'm excited at the idea of a DVD because it was a new performance and there was such a limited amount of film of them in the first place. I was just a whisker too young to catch them first time around.
    How many PJ bootlegs do you have ?? I have about a dozen, plus the DVD's, cos they are all a buit different. Three shows last tour and the same songs were done very differently. Similarly, there will be stuff on the Ertegun show which will be exciting and new.
    I agree, ther is no reason to think a tour will be a good thing for the band, though I'm sure any number of parasites are salivating at the thought.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    I'm excited at the idea of a DVD because it was a new performance and there was such a limited amount of film of them in the first place. I was just a whisker too young to catch them first time around.
    How many PJ bootlegs do you have ?? I have about a dozen, plus the DVD's, cos they are all a buit different. Three shows last tour and the same songs were done very differently. Similarly, there will be stuff on the Ertegun show which will be exciting and new.
    I agree, ther is no reason to think a tour will be a good thing for the band, though I'm sure any number of parasites are salivating at the thought.

I was too young also, but I've seen Plant a dozen times. As for PJ, I think it's a different thing, we're experiencing them as they go through their career. It's not the same as the Zepp thing, where most of us got into their music years after it was made, I just fear that any reunion may spoil our ideals of what they were. And I like that they're not lumped in with people like Genesis, the Police...etc
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    thanks lukin for the info. I believe you. I'm not surprised at all that they are going to tour. I just hope its not too tough to get tickets.
  • Options
    yep O2 arena. come on ye tour zepp!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    jamie uk wrote:
    I read Robert saying a dozen or more times that he's not interested,
    And as Robert has already announced, and sold out a European tour with Ms Krauss early next summer, it's hard to see where any reunion tour would fit in.

this is my understanding

why put on a big special event and then do a load of dates after?

there could be conflict in doing it and maybe management are half booking places hoping he'll change his mind ..... who knows
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    from reading interviews with Page, Jason Bonham and John Paul Jones.. its seems they are all itching to tour...

Plant is the only hold out (as usual)..

If they pair down the dates and make it less demanding on Plant's voice, I bet you will see a reunion tour...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    from reading interviews with Page, Jason Bonham and John Paul Jones.. its seems they are all itching to tour...

Plant is the only hold out (as usual)..

If they pair down the dates and make it less demanding on Plant's voice, I bet you will see a reunion tour...

I'm with Rob, I hope he reunites the Strange Sensation for a new album and tour, I like seeing and hearing his current work..away from the fucking media frenzy, and every prick in work going...'oooh Led Zeppelin are playing..I'm going to see them', when for the last 15 years if they ever heard me mention going to a Robert Plant gig, it never even registered with them who he was. I want to keep them special. Having said that...of course I'd go, and buy a shirt, and cry, and all that....but I do that everytime I see sir Rob anyway.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    jamie uk wrote:
    I guess you mean the O2, they haven't played in Wembley since 1971 I think....but hey, what do you think......
    http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=39375

I call BS, it's promoters and stadium owners like I said..desperate for it to happen. Rob and Jimmy and John Paul feature in the Times rich list every year..they're worth around £70 M each...do you think for one minute they need a world tour to make up a pension fund? Let's all behave ourselves and hope they leave the legend in tact. Which brings me to this point, yes I would have loved to be at the O2..but why is everyone so excited at the idea of a dvd of the show? If you want to see Zep live on your tv, get the classic dvd, or the new remastered SRTS...I promise you, however good they were in London 2 weeks ago..they were a damn site better in MSG in 1973...watch that, stop being so silly.
    from all comments I read on the O2 gig, including those of 2 jammers I know and saw several shows with that very week (Crowed House, KOL), more gigs are likely.

it might not have been the intent at all before that gig but they all said it was so successful (musically I mean) and they seemed to ENJOY it so much, and they had obviously rehearsed extensively.. it's unlikely they wouldn't hitch to do some more..doesn't mean a full tour, but more shows.

I hope so :)