Options

* Is It Safe To Wrap A Dog As A Christmas Gift If You Poke A Hole In The Box Thread *

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
discuss, please.....I dont see a problem with it as long as hes not in there for a couple days.
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016
New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - 2007
Seattle- 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    He's gonna have to pee after a few hours I suppose..

I wouldn't put a dog in a wrapped box for more then 30 mins. That just seems like it might cause some anxiety for the dog.
  • Options
    good lord, the very existence of this question is an example of why dogs should not be given as christmas gifts.

the dog probably will not like being a box.
  • Options
    discuss, please.....I dont see a problem with it as long as hes not in there for a couple days.

I think you're assuming the dog is just going to lay there and not make a sound. It's probably going to whine and bark because, well..its inside a box and its going to be wondering "what the hell did I do? why am I in a box?"

I say just slap a bow around it's neck and call it good. Much better for the dog too anyway.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Well it's better than wrapping up a series of clues that leads the person to open the freezer to find the dog, but not by much!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Well it's better than wrapping up a series of clues that leads the person to open the freezer to find the dog, but not by much!

I can't stop giggling at this.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310

well why don't you try it first to see how it would feel like to be in a box even for a few hrs sorta like givin it a test run .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I think you'll find it will be scared.
  • Options
    Someone is watching too much hollywood TV, and their brain is melting

wrapping up a dog?

wtf??
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Why not just wrap a box that has a seperate lid (and put some holes in one side of it). Then, about 5 minutes before you're going to give the gift, leave the room and say "oh, I forgot...there's one more" put the dog in the box and then bring it back in.

I wouldn't leave him any longer than that. It seems pointlessly mean. Plus, wouldn't he just bark anyway?
  • Options
    it depends what type of dog. some dogs like being wrapped as Christmas gifts
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Is it safe? Probably.

Would I do it? No.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Why not just wrap a box that has a seperate lid (and put some holes in one side of it). Then, about 5 minutes before you're going to give the gift, leave the room and say "oh, I forgot...there's one more" put the dog in the box and then bring it back in.

I wouldn't leave him any longer than that. It seems pointlessly mean. Plus, wouldn't he just bark anyway?
    This is pretty much the acceptable limit here.
    I hope no one took the OP overly serious ;)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141

This idea is about as smart as eating a shit sandwich for lunch!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    well why don't you try it first to see how it would feel like to be in a box even for a few hrs sorta like givin it a test run .....
    Between this and Hawkshore's response..very funny.
    But true.

DO NOT PUT A DOG IN A BOX.
    Please.
    It is not cute.
    And I would expect the receipient would be ticked off too.
    Put a bow around it and leave it at the neighbor's.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    NO!
    absolutely not.

That just seems like it might cause some anxiety for the dog.

exactly. why unnecessarily traumatize an animal?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    It's a stupid idea to GIVE a dog as a Christmas gift. The second you've thought about wrapping the fucker up, you know you've lost your mind.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    don't put a dog in a box.....:mad:

put you're dick in a box.....:p :D:D
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    This is pretty much the acceptable limit here.
    I hope no one took the OP overly serious ;)

You just never know with the crazies on here...ya know? :D
  • Options
    It's a stupid idea to GIVE a dog as a Christmas gift. The second you've thought about wrapping the fucker up, you know you've lost your mind.

honestly, 100% true. the holidays really are not the time to introduce a new member to the family. unless the recipient has some time off to dedicate to the new dog, to acclimate it to the home, start training, etc. quite unfair to the dog and added stress to the recipient. it's far bettewr to get a dog, or just about any other pet, at a time during the year when the gift recipient will have the time/means to dedicate to training.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

That sounds good...

or just have him with a bow on his collar in another room, and do the "forgot a present" thing and open the door and let him run in (that cute way that puppies run) :D
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    In high school ( a loooooong time ago, ;) ) I gave my boyfriend a dog. Fred.

Fred Zeppelin.

I did the bow thing...it worked fabulously. :)
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Would you put a child in a box?
    No.

Don't do it.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Would you put a child in a box?

Depends on what the child did.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    cutback wrote:
    don't put a dog in a box.....:mad:

put you're dick in a box.....:p :D:D

I was wondering when I started reading this thread when this link would come up, lol.

When me and my sister were younger, our dad dropped us off at our mom's around this time of the year, and she told us we would get to open one of our presents early. So me and my sister were excited as this was normally a very strict thing, and she opened up her bedroom door and the dog came running out.

Fucker scratched me. :p
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    the title of this thread made me laugh.
    i'm going to hell.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    unless the dog is a....wait for it....drum roll...........'BOXER'!! Mwahahaha ;):D Wooooooooo *wipes away a tear*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    roar wrote:
    the title of this thread made me laugh.
    i'm going to hell.

You're going to hell in a dogbox!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

the problem is not the boxxx. its the aftermath. like, will the person KEEP the doggie? or when it gets a little bigger will it be given BACK or sent to a shelter!!! :mad:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    You're going to hell in a dogbox!

i'll be fine with two air holes + no dog.
  • Options
    Oh for fucks sake its only a dog.