Options

"what do you want to be when you grow up?"

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
i ws asked this by someone whom i love last night.

belive me, this is not what i wan to be doing. i'm working on it.

society has a way of fucking with people and having them feel that they and others need to be making X amount of dollars and/or have prestige associted with their living/jobs....right?

it really pisses me off to no apparent end.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    my dad, my inlaws, my brother, everyone always asks me that!

So annoying! I'm sorry I'm not a big ol' Electrical Engineer, like daddy.. Thats just not for me.

And my father in law says "Who the hell would want to be a Nanny?".. Um, me?

I feel your pain
  • Options
    my dad, my inlaws, my brother, everyone always asks me that!

So annoying! I'm sorry I'm not a big ol' Electrical Engineer, like daddy.. Thats just not for me.

And my father in law says "Who the hell would want to be a Nanny?".. Um, me?

I feel your pain

yea. the fast that im about 30 is the bit that gets me.

not just last night but at the table during thanksfuckingggivin a coupld of people asked me and everyone laughed and i felt so humiliated.

i get it; you all have good paying jobs and i don't. i'm happy with my fucking life until you bastards open your mouth. i onestly dont even know why i care. but i do.

btw, nothing wrong with being a nanny, my sister nlaw is. and she likes it.

p.s. do i really need to quote you when you are the only one who has posted? hehehehe

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I know it's hard, but you shouldn't care. If you're happy that's all that really matters. They are just jealous, bottom line. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Me. :) IF I EVER grow up, I just want to have learned to live with myself. Just be ME.

And that should be enough for anybody else. I know it'll be enough for me. :)

I've had a lot of different jobs, done a lot of half finished study, I travelled around, I've lived, I've loved and I've made some shocking mistakes but it's my life to do with what I want so it really shouldn't bother anybody else.

Ultimately I am the person that I will spend the most amount of time with in my life so it makes sense to learn to like myself, enjoy my own company AND be doing what makes me happy REGARDLESS of my income or anybody else's opinion on the matter.

People that love you, they have expectations. And their own little thing going on, but don't let them put you down just because they love you.

Do what makes you happy, strive to enjoy your life and next time someone asks you that kind of question just tell em you'll let em know when you get there! ;) And plan for it being when you're 100. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I know it's hard, but you shouldn't care. If you're happy that's all that really matters. They are just jealous, bottom line. :)

well i wouldn't say i'm happy wolf, there are other things i could be doing. i am working on it...deciding what i should take in school.

it just seems to hurt when it comes from someone you love.

the only thing people have to be jealous of are my good looks...and they arent paying the bills.

hope all is well is bellingham

• Options
    When I was younger, my father was really pissed off because I wanted to study music.. Later I've take an Electrician course as he did.

Now i'm in a professional Theatre program in Montréal. I also work for Solotech in the lighting section( fifth biggest company in the world to supply lighting, sound and video products ) .. I've also taken a pyrotechnics and display fireworks course last week in Toronto.

It's a perfect match of both music and electricity skills! This job rocks! Worked for the Stones, B.B. King, Celine Dion.....

My father is proud of me and I like my job.. (:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    well i wouldn't say i'm happy wolf, there are other things i could be doing. i am working on it...deciding what i should take in school.

it just seems to hurt when it comes from someone you love.

the only thing people have to be jealous of are my good looks...and they arent paying the bills.

hope all is well is bellingham
    What aren't you happy about? That's what you need to work on, not what other people think or say. That's all I'm saying. If you're happy with your life, a negative comment shouldn't bother you too much, even if it is from someone you love. Everyone has down days. Just stay away from negative people and focus and what you love and enjoy and let everyone else worry about themselves. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i ws asked this by someone whom i love last night.

belive me, this is not what i wan to be doing. i'm working on it.

society has a way of fucking with people and having them feel that they and others need to be making X amount of dollars and/or have prestige associted with their living/jobs....right?

it really pisses me off to no apparent end.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. But that is okay...I dream of being a travel writer or a coffee taster in Switzerland. I would just like to get my writing published.

That is too bad you are around people like that. I don't really care about money (I mean, I want enough to live, but I don't base my life around making money). And I think I am lucky because I have lived all over, and I will continue in my travels for as long as I can, until I do settle down with a permanent career, but I never want a job that chains me down. I have a good job now, but it isn't what I want to do forever. :)

Ah, I don't know what the point of my post is. Other then to say screw those other people and do what you want :D
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    What aren't you happy about? That's what you need to work on, not what other people think or say. That's all I'm saying. If you're happy with your life, a negative comment shouldn't bother you too much, even if it is from someone you love. Everyone has down days. Just stay away from negative people and focus and what you love and enjoy and let everyone else worry about themselves. :)

im sorry. i didnt get your other post.

i'm happy. as far as the money i make, im happy. the job is nothing to brag about and i hurt physically each day but i have a sense of accomplishment when i come home.

seems like i have been having a down month though wolf. i cant kick it either. it stems from so much more though.

one more day of work and it's the weekend! then back to work on sunday, yay

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I just want enough money to go travelling for a few years. I'll have enough dosh when I sell my flat next year.
    I can't wait. It's all about the experiences.

For now, I just live for the weekends.
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I just want enough money to go travelling for a few years. I'll have enough dosh when I sell my flat next year.
    I can't wait. It's all about the experiences.

For now, I just live for the weekends.

I agree...I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. And I can't wait to see what happens next :D
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    im sorry. i didnt get your other post.

i'm happy. as far as the money i make, im happy. the job is nothing to brag about and i hurt physically each day but i have a sense of accomplishment when i come home.

seems like i have been having a down month though wolf. i cant kick it either. it stems from so much more though.

one more day of work and it's the weekend! then back to work on sunday, yay
    Ya for the weekend! Everyone has down times, it makes us enjoy the up times that much more. :)
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    that sucks man...i've been told by my fiancee's mom that being a professor "is an admirable job, but it just won't make my daughter happy". i'm not there yet, but i've been able to get her mom to come around to it. so long story short if you stick up for yourself, and believe what you do is right then fuck everyone else.
  • Options
    My long-term goal is to earn money as a novelist.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    i still dont know...
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    happy.....
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    what i wanna be when i grow up is happy and a good friend to people. And theres always the part about being with KID ROCK but whatever..... :D

dont let the lives of others try to change YOUR happiness or contentment. Ive learned im NEVER gonna be good enough to some family members and you know what? SEN DONT CARE!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    My dad and my oldest sister on some level never think I'm doing well enough. I bet you my mom just wants me to be healthy and happy emphasis on healthy :) The other 2 older siblings just don't want me to be an embarrassment/slacker, and my twin wants me to be financially stable, and dye my hair more or she'll call me *granny*.

I just want to be happy/healthy/living on the east coast/and wear fabulous jewelry.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ok, I am 30 and I used to stress over what I should do & who I should be...finally I learned that all I want is to be happy & healthy....anything extra is a bonus!