Listening to other peoples music...

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else ever do this?

My battery on my mp3 player ran out this morning....:(
So i'm listening to everyone elses, trying to dechipher it by the beat or, if its loud enough, any lyrics I can hear.

The person sitting next to me is listening to Kylie...Do the locomotion :)
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I get the train to and from work so generally anyone using an ipod I can tell exactly what they are listening to :o ... the headphones on those things are useless ... the whole carriage has to listen to it. Even listening to me own mp3 player I can usually hear the bass of the ipod listener sat next to me :mad:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Chime wrote:
    I get the train to and from work so generally anyone using an ipod I can tell exactly what they are listening to :o ... the headphones on those things are useless ... the whole carriage has to listen to it. Even listening to me own mp3 player I can usually hear the bass of the ipod listener sat next to me :mad:

:o
    I'm afraid thats usually me....

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :o
    I'm afraid thats usually me....

I'm sure you're listening to something I wouldn't mind listening to though :) ... it's the dance music and gangsta rap when I'm half asleep on the train to work:( ... or may be that is you :p

It doesn't really bother me too much :cool: ... only when the battery on my player as gone ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    I'm sure you're listening to something I wouldn't mind listening to though :) ... it's the dance music and gangsta rap when I'm half asleep on the train to work:( ... or may be that is you :p

It doesn't really bother me too much :cool: ... only when the battery on my player as gone ...

Can safely say it's neither.

Depends how early it is....the earlier the hour, the more chilled out the tunes.

Save the Slayer for the commute home..:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I know mine must be really really loud... I can't help it :o . I start of listening to it quite low but then I turn it up bit by bit gradually and it doesn't really seem that loud. It's only when I put them on again in the evening and it's really really loud then, and I think 'fuck, I must drive everyone mad'. Some music just CAN'T, literally and physically cannot be listened to at a low level :o . I try... I really do but I just can't do it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I know mine must be really really loud... I can't help it :o . I start of listening to it quite low but then I turn it up bit by bit gradually and it doesn't really seem that loud. It's only when I put them on again in the evening and it's really really loud then, and I think 'fuck, I must drive everyone mad'. Some music just CAN'T, literally and physically cannot be listened to at a low level :o . I try... I really do but I just can't do it.
    Thats just about how it happens with me too. Sometimes it has to be listened to at 11.:)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I do that as well
    Also when I’m on someone’s work computer I always do a scan on the hard drives and the network for music files to see what the previous person was listening to
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Does anyone else ever do this?

My battery on my mp3 player ran out this morning....:(
    So i'm listening to everyone elses, trying to dechipher it by the beat or, if its loud enough, any lyrics I can hear.

The person sitting next to me is listening to Kylie...Do the locomotion :)

I can remember Stone and Jeff being the guests on a "pick your favourite music videos" show on the now defunct European cable station Superchannel, back in February 1992. They chose Kylie's "Do The Locomotion" as one of their faves!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I can remember Stone and Jeff being the guests on a "pick your favourite music videos" show on the now defunct European cable station Superchannel, back in February 1992. They chose Kylie's "Do The Locomotion" as one of their faves!

don't tell me you dont get the urge to get a little motion going fins when you hear kylie. ;):D

sometimes i swipe my daughter's ipod cause she has 36 crazyfists and i dont and i like them. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Chime wrote:

you don't like my snoop you can move to another train muthafucka!

:)