Options

Sobriety Checkpoints

PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Driving home from a bar last night at exactly 2am, Senrock and I got routed thru a sobriety checkpoint. It was rather entertaining. I was driving and completely sober, although Sen had a flask FULL of Jack in her pocket.
I had a grilled cheese sandwhich in my hand and I had to pass it to Senrock so I could show my lisence to the officer. Good times. In all honesty I think these are good things. Sucks for the assholes that are driving drunk but i'm sure these checkpoints save lives. Happy Holidays everyone and please don't DRINK and DRIVE!!
The best use of Life is Love.
The best expression of Love is Time.
The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    PJPixie wrote:
    Driving home from a bar last night at exactly 2am, Senrock and I got routed thru a sobriety checkpoint. It was rather entertaining. I was driving and completely sober.
    I had a grilled cheese sandwhich in my hand and I had to pass it to Senrock so I could show my lisence to the officer. Good times. In all honesty I think these are good things. Sucks for the assholes that are driving drunk but i'm sure these checkpoints save lives. Happy Holidays everyone and please don't DRINK and DRIVE!!

Was Sen like "Why is the FLOW of traffic not EVEN moving right now?!?!?"
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Driving home from a bar last night at exactly 2am, Senrock and I got routed thru a sobriety checkpoint. It was rather entertaining. I was driving and completely sober.

Are you aloud to drive with food in your hand? You can't do that in England. I mean, you're not allowed.

You're right though. Don't drink and drive!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Are you aloud to drive with food in your hand? You can't do that in England. I mean, you're not allowed.

As long as you're not carrying a beer you should be fine over here. Crazy mofo's reading the paper, applying makeup, texting, emailing, on their laptops, etc. I'm so happy I no longer have to drive! It's probably added a few years onto my life from removing the stress!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Driving home from a bar last night at exactly 2am, Senrock and I got routed thru a sobriety checkpoint. It was rather entertaining. I was driving and completely sober, although Sen had a flask FULL of Jack in her pocket.

What a funny story. :D
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    As long as you're not carrying a beer you should be fine over here. Crazy mofo's reading the paper, applying makeup, texting, emailing, on their laptops, etc. I'm so happy I no longer have to drive! It's probably added a few years onto my life from removing the stress!

I'm really surprised. I thought your laws would be similar to ours.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    mookie9999 wrote:

i swear. i NEED to stay off this board. YOU know me WAY too good. :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

its true. people drive with CRAZY things in their hands. like some guy one time was even trying to put on his green members only jacket while in the FAST LANE!!! :eek: the sleeve got caught on the side of the seat like john candy in planes, trains, & automobiles!!! i tell ya.....

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its true. people drive with CRAZY things in their hands. like some guy one time was even trying to put on his green members only jacket while in the FAST LANE!!! :eek: the sleeve got caught on the side of the seat like john candy in planes, trains, & automobiles!!! i tell ya.....

...and britney spears driving with a baby on her lap...
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    PJPixie wrote:
    although Sen had a flask FULL of Jack in her pocket.

hehe:D

I got stopped by a checkpoint 2 months ago.. the guy in front of me and the guy behind me got pulled out of the line and were given sobriety tests. Being in the presence of that many cops staring into my eyes freaked me out! I was sober from alcohol though;)
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    ahaha :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    what...nobody got tased curbside?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    :eek:

glad you gals were safe!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    :eek:

glad you gals were safe!!!

dude they made us drive thru a freakin MAZE. i swear. the cop was like 'where u coming from' we said jack n the boxxx. then he asked 'where were you BEFORE that?' um...... 'were u at a bar?' yes sir! neptunes!!! 'wheres that?' sunset beach! 'how do u get there?' :eek: wtf?!!!!

• Options
    i took a sobriety test for a laugh in a pub when i was completely drunk and i got 0.59, the limit is 0.40 so really i wasnt too far over even though i was really drunk! i really despise people who drink and drive, the only reason i dont drive is because of the pressure to drive home afer "1/ 2 " drinks, i never want to drive a car after some of the accidents iv seen, it really is sickening!
  • Options
    scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    i took a sobriety test for a laugh in a pub when i was completely drunk and i got 0.59, the limit is 0.40 so really i wasnt too far over even though i was really drunk! i really despise people who drink and drive, the only reason i dont drive is because of the pressure to drive home afer "1/ 2 " drinks, i never want to drive a car after some of the accidents iv seen, it really is sickening!

.40 is the legal limit? according to wikipedia, at that point you are either unconscious or dead.

.08 is the legal limit in most (if not all) of the states.
  • Options
    what states are these checkpoints in? i've heard of them but not much. we dont have them in tx. seems a little invasive....basically pulling people over for no good reason. but they prob do wonders for accidents.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • Options
    kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    tylerpjtx wrote:
    what states are these checkpoints in? i've heard of them but not much. we dont have them in tx. seems a little invasive....basically pulling people over for no good reason. but they prob do wonders for accidents.

I remember them in Missouri but not so much in Kansas or Nebraska....
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • Options
    tylerpjtx wrote:

we dont have them here in RI either. some law that prohibits it...
  • Options

Not sure really...I don't think so..here in Canada anyways...If it is they don't enforce it anyways...
    Merry Xmas !
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    we dont have them here in RI either. some law that prohibits it...

like the 4th amendment?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    like the 4th amendment?

might be...but i think there is more to it than that.

here you go...you were right about the 4th amendment thing too.
    http://media.www.browndailyherald.com/media/storage/paper472/news/2005/03/15/Metro/R.i-Officials.Debate.Return.Of.Sobriety.Checkpoints.To.Combat.Drunk.Driving-894311.shtml
  • Options
    might be...but i think there is more to it than that.

here you go...you were right about the 4th amendment thing too.
    http://media.www.browndailyherald.com/media/storage/paper472/news/2005/03/15/Metro/R.i-Officials.Debate.Return.Of.Sobriety.Checkpoints.To.Combat.Drunk.Driving-894311.shtml

hmmm...good read.... I'm such a supporter of people's freedoms and such but I like these checkpoints. We have them here in Ontario and it's good that we have them. I'm 31 now and wiser...lol..at least I hope so but I used to drink and drive when I was younger and in college..not excessively but I did....point is that if you can stop someone from driving from the these checkpoints then it's good... It could save a life or lives
    Anyhow...to make light of this...maybe about 10 years ago I drove through one...(literally)... and obviously they came chasing after me and pulled me over....I was drunk....had some hash in the car,,,etc as well... got out and took a breathalizer.... no clue how but I passed...I then got in my car and drove off..I was lucky...
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    hmmm...good read.... I'm such a supporter of people's freedoms and such but I like these checkpoints. We have them here in Ontario and it's good that we have them. I'm 31 now and wiser...lol..at least I hope so but I used to drink and drive when I was younger and in college..not excessively but I did....point is that if you can stop someone from driving from the these checkpoints then it's good... It could save a life or lives
    Anyhow...to make light of this...maybe about 10 years ago I drove through one...(literally)... and obviously they came chasing after me and pulled me over....I was drunk....had some hash in the car,,,etc as well... got out and took a breathalizer.... no clue how but I passed...I then got in my car and drove off..I was lucky...

same thing happened to me once. didnt go through a checkpoint but i got pulled over one night with a couple of my roomates in the car. i was hammered and had no business being behind the wheel. one of my roommates had a bag of pot on him too, so we were all shitting our pants big time. we had a pizza in the car and the cop just figured we were out geting a bite to eat at 130 in the morning, so he let us go.

the reason i got pulled over in the first place is because the "temp" plate on my new car was not visible. nothing like being hammered with a bag of pot in the car, and having cops surround your car with guns drawn...it knocks a little sense in you. just a little...
  • Options
    same thing happened to me once. didnt go through a checkpoint but i got pulled over one night with a couple of my roomates in the car. i was hammered and had no business being behind the wheel. one of my roommates had a bag of pot on him too, so we were all shitting our pants big time. we had a pizza in the car and the cop just figured we were out geting a bite to eat at 130 in the morning, so he let us go.

the reason i got pulled over in the first place is because the "temp" plate on my new car was not visible. nothing like being hammered with a bag of pot in the car, and having cops surround your car with guns drawn...it knocks a little sense in you. just a little...

Oh definetly !....wakes ya up a little eh !....lol
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    what...nobody got tased curbside?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc

checkpoints are good things, i've been thru one once, and the guy in front of me had to step out of his car. so if he was jacked up, i was just glad he was caught!

what's as scary as people driving around fucked up are people who are all distracted with xmas shopping....i have seen some spastic ass road moves over the past couple of days. freaks lol
  • Options
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4ivmc

checkpoints are good things, i've been thru one once, and the guy in front of me had to step out of his car. so if he was jacked up, i was just glad he was caught!

what's as scary as people driving around fucked up are people who are all distracted with xmas shopping....i have seen some spastic ass road moves over the past couple of days. freaks lol

LOL....that's a funny video man.....
    but like you said...yeah xmas shopping drivers are really really bad as well...I'm always on the road driving with my job and noticed that alot..
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    PJPixie wrote:
    the stupidity of having an open container

yup real cool!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    tylerpjtx wrote:
    We've had the RIDE (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) program in Ontario for 30 years. It occurs all year long, but there are more spot checks in December and the summer, especially the long weekends.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    the stupidity of having an open container

yup real cool!

come on !...been there done that....In all honesty who cares if there was an open bottle if in all truth the driver was not drinking...really...yeah it sucks kinda but he's driving the drunks homes.....lol....but the main point is the person behind the wheel isn't....
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I realize the checkpoints do good in curbing drinking and driving, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I've been through a few and been pulled over every time. 2 of the 3 times the cop(s) were total dickheads.

Pulling people over randomly seems crazy to me.

Why not have the security guard at a store pat down random customers as they leave "just in case" they stole something.
    Why not have cops randomly enter people's houses "just in case" they are doing something illegal.
    Why not tap peoples phones "jus...." oh wait, they already do that.

I dunno, I'm all for patrolling the streets and pulling people over if there is a reason...but to me these checkpoints seem unconstitutional.