Options

Sobriety Checkpoints

2»

Comments

• Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I realize the checkpoints do good in curbing drinking and driving, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I've been through a few and been pulled over every time. 2 of the 3 times the cop(s) were total dickheads.

Pulling people over randomly seems crazy to me.

Why not have the security guard at a store pat down random customers as they leave "just in case" they stole something.
    Why not have cops randomly enter people's houses "just in case" they are doing something illegal.
    Why not tap peoples phones "jus...." oh wait, they already do that.

I dunno, I'm all for patrolling the streets and pulling people over if there is a reason...but to me these checkpoints seem unconstitutional.

To contradict myself I agree with you as well...really I do....but I do agree it does get some drunk ass people off the roads some nights...
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    come on !...been there done that....In all honesty who cares if there was an open bottle if in all truth the driver was not drinking...really...yeah it sucks kinda but he's driving the drunks homes.....lol....but the main point is the person behind the wheel isn't....

Yes, as I said before. I was completey sober. In fact, the flask was completely full. Sen hadn't even had a drop of it.

I had to drive thru another checkpoint on the way home last night after my company christmas party. Again, I was totally sober.

I do see how these checkpoints seem like an invasion but I agree 100% that they do save lives.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Yes, as I said before. I was completey sober. In fact, the flask was completely full. Sen hadn't even had a drop of it.

I had to drive thru another checkpoint on the way home last night after my company christmas party. Again, I was totally sober.

I do see how these checkpoints seem like an invasion but I agree 100% that they do save lives.

Well that's good then....Even if Sen drank half or all of it the point is you were drinving and were sober....Having drunks in the car is sometimes part of dealing the fact of being the DD....
    I'm off to bed...
    Merry Xmas to all.. !!
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    first of all, pixxxie and i live in so cal so thats where the checkpoint was. near the beach.

secondly to the one moron on here whos name i wont bring attention to....it was NOT an open container that i was actually drinking out of so WHATEVER.

thirdly, i agree that it IS very good to have these checkpoints. my big brother died becuz of drunk driving so im really defensive against that.

fourth-lee.......im NOT a drunk!!! carry on! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I realize the checkpoints do good in curbing drinking and driving, but something about it just doesn't sit well with me. I've been through a few and been pulled over every time. 2 of the 3 times the cop(s) were total dickheads.

Pulling people over randomly seems crazy to me.

Why not have the security guard at a store pat down random customers as they leave "just in case" they stole something.
    Why not have cops randomly enter people's houses "just in case" they are doing something illegal.
    Why not tap peoples phones "jus...." oh wait, they already do that.

I dunno, I'm all for patrolling the streets and pulling people over if there is a reason...but to me these checkpoints seem unconstitutional.

I agree with you 100%! the govt is so invasive in so many ways. its one thing to protect people, its another to question people without probable cause. i cant stand the idea of government (which is really just a group of PEOPLE, just like us) sticking their heads into what i'm doing at this level. i wonder how much of a revenue generator things like these are. however, if the people are drunk, they're breaking the law obviously...but to me its just not right to pull someone over unless they did something.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings