Options

Is this the cutest little thing????

Comments

• Options
    Actually, that is pretty cute.

Where was the zoo?
  • Options
    Twycross Zoo, its where the PG Tips monkeys are from if you know them?

I cant wait to go back and see him again!!!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    that is cute!!!

i've got a pic of the same type of monkey snuggling a blanket & sucking it's thumb, taken some years back...it was always one of my faves.
    If I had known then...what I know now...

the vic ~ 8.2.07
    eV at The Ryman ~ 6.18.09
    st. louis ~ 5.4.10
    If we all did a little, together we could make a BIG difference....wanna help us?
    Then visit http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is pretty cool!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Is that a marmoset?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    cute until it gives you the diseases it is carrying.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    SV!! Those are awesome pics!!! :D

And what a fantastic experience! :)

I love zoos! With a passion! Well the good ones anyway. :)

How cool your niece is a zoo keeper. My Great Great Grandfather was the curator of gardens at the Melbourne Zoo forever ago and he was the head keeper of the giraffes. My great great uncle the tiger keeper and also looked after the elephants and my great great grandmother hand raised the first tiger cubs born in captivity in Australia. They all lived at the zoo. :)
    I was so lucky as a teenager I got to do work experience there myself. LOVED IT! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options

Yeah cos its bound to be full of disease being born in captivity and hand reared aint it?

some people........... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Today i got to go the zoo where my wifes' niece is the head gibbon keeper [/url]

now thats a fuckin job title :cool:

oh, you know how i hate to be pedantic about stuff... well your wife's niece is your niece also...

just thought i'd inform you so she doesnt grow up thinking you hate her and stuff ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    awww... that's so cute. There was a chimp in Dublin zoo called Lucy who had to be handreared by the zoo keeper. My next door neighbour at the time often babysat :) so she'd let us know when Lucy was staying over and get to hold her and feed her and stuff... when they grab your finger with their toes you know they're special.

here's Lucy:

http://xml.whatsonwhen.com/img_bg/20076.jpg

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20040725/ai_n12900158
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    now thats a fuckin job title :cool:

oh, you know how i hate to be pedantic about stuff... well your wife's niece is your niece also...

just thought i'd inform you so she doesnt grow up thinking you hate her and stuff ;)

my niece aswell you say? hmmm not sure about that one.....
  • Options
    awww... that's so cute.

... when they grab your finger with their toes you know they're special.

aaaah it sure is, i cant stop looking at the pics on my phone and showing him off to people in work, he's such a cutie :D
  • Options
    my niece aswell you say? hmmm not sure about that one.....

Are you joking?

Cute gibbon btw. Colobus monkeys are my favourite; they got any of them? Where abouts is the zoo? I love zoos.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Are you joking?

Cute gibbon btw. Colobus monkeys are my favourite; they got any of them? Where abouts is the zoo? I love zoos.

yeah i was kind of joking, seems wierd that she can be my niece though!

yeah im certain they had Colobus', heres the link to the zoo although the list of animals seems out of date!

http://www.twycrosszoo.com/home.htm
  • Options
    for the people who didnt get the pleasure of seeing this little beauty, shameless bump
  • Options
    Without those diapers on....different story.

Then again human babies would be equally as messy.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    awww
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    Jeanie wrote:

I love zoos! With a passion! Well the good ones anyway. :)

ditto! the pandas and polar bears are my favorites :D
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    ditto! the pandas and polar bears are my favorites :D

**gasp!** OH MY GOD! Don't get me started on Polar bears!! :D

I almost worship those critters! :D

Nobody messes with a Polar bear! :D

I like pandas too, but I don't recall ever actually seeing one, although they may have had them at Melbourne Zoo when I was a kid. They're very beautiful.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It is really cute - you are very lucky!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    **gasp!** OH MY GOD! Don't get me started on Polar bears!! :D

I almost worship those critters!

Nobody messes with a Polar bear!

I like pandas too, but I don't recall ever actually seeing one, although they may have had them at Melbourne Zoo when I was a kid. They're very beautiful.

lol i just want to hug a polar bear when i see one! and i love how their fur looks in water. i also like watching the specials on discovery channel about them :D

ive seen panda bears at the washington dc zoo (which is free, yay!) and the san diego zoo and both had babies which were super cute.
  • Options
    let's hope he/she doesn't turn out like this one at puberty
    http://www.worth1000.com/entries/316500/316590LqTP_w.jpg
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    lol i just want to hug a polar bear when i see one! and i love how their fur looks in water. i also like watching the specials on discovery channel about them :D

ive seen panda bears at the washington dc zoo (which is free, yay!) and the san diego zoo and both had babies which were super cute.

Me too! :D Not that I think it would end very well! ;)

They've had some awesome docos about Polar Bears on the tele here and I've even been able to get up close with them at Seaworld on a few occassions, which is so awesome!

I know we've had Giant Pandas visit the Melbourne Zoo but they're not a permanent resident. We do have the red pandas which are just gorgeous and I thought we might have had Pandas at the zoo when I was a kid, because there were a lot of different kinds of bears at the zoo then. I just can't remember for sure and I can't confirm it at this point either. The enclosures were just awful when I was a kid and when they refurbished we got the Syrian Bears and the other bears we had weren't brought back.

I don't remember them being at Taronga Zoo either, but maybe I saw them there? I know they came to visit in 1988 and were at Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide Zoos. It was a Panda tour! ;) Be nice to see them up close. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:

They've had some awesome docos about Polar Bears on the tele here and I've even been able to get up close with them at Seaworld on a few occassions, which is so awesome!
    i love sea world!! last year i had the year pass and lived within walking distance so i went a lot. the dolphins and polar bears are my favorites there.....

i dont think ive ever seen a red panda... in person or on tv! im gonna go look them up now lol.
  • Options
    and it looks nothing like i expected!
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    i love sea world!! last year i had the year pass and lived within walking distance so i went a lot. the dolphins and polar bears are my favorites there.....

i dont think ive ever seen a red panda... in person or on tv! im gonna go look them up now lol.

Now that would be a dream come true for me! To be able to just rock up every other day. I stayed at the youth hostel quite close to Seaworld here a few years back and the pass I had let me go back and forth for a couple of days I think. That was pretty cool. To be able to take your time and know you could come back tomorrow if you wanted. :)

When I was there last I bought a pair of kiddies polar bear ears and hehe! :D:o I was so excited I put em on me head and was walking around with them on, and I had a white top on. Suddenly all these people are asking me about the polar bears! :D

The red pandas are different but they're still pretty huh? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Awww that is so cute! I love the sleeping ones!

you're so lucky. That would be a dream come true for me!

BTW it looks like a spider monkey to me? Something to do with the shape of the face..
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842

or starts slingin' his poop at ya... haha

Those are pretty cool pics...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone