Options

All the memories going round

romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I just got a call from my dad. I didn't know what those kind of calls felt like until now. He told me my uncle (his brother) just died from a heart attack.
He was the last person I would espect to get bad news about, a really loving person, I adored him with all my heart, I just can't seem to realize that he's gone. I'm too far from all my family, it just seems so surreal. My cousins are my age and my brother's, I just can't imagine what they must be going through. And I can't be there for them.
I grew up seeing them almost all the time, and my uncle would always be with us (the kids) and even when we grew up, the kind of guy that is always fun to be around, no matter how old you are. I'm going to miss him too much. He was playing around with me just two days ago sending me messages to piss me off about my writing and stuff, and I was pissing him off too, just kidding, at least I'm glad the last contact I had with him was hillarious as usual.
It sucks, this is the main reason I was scared to leave home for so long, I knew something like this was going to happen, I was told my grandpa was at the hospital and when my dad called me I thought it was about him, but no, this comes out of the blue, he was so healty, I just don't get it.

But knowing how he was, I've decided to remember him in the best way possible, as the fun caring uncle he's always been, and after all the crying I am now able to smile at all the beautiful memories I have of him.

Anyway, now I understand why so many Jammers come here in this situations, when there's noone else around to share things with (everyone back home is running around trying to deal with all the paperwork and trying to contact the rest of the family, so I understand), but I know there's someone out there reading this and feeling for this loss, it's not about replies or words, I just know you're all there.

and I wished for so long...
I cannot stay
All the precious moments...
Cannot stay
It's not like wings have fallen...
I cannot say
Without you something is missing...
I cannot say

Holding hands of daughters and sons
In their phase they're falling down
Down, down, down

I have wished for so long...
How I wish for you again

Will I walk the long road?
I cannot stay
There's no need to say goodbye

Oh, the friends and family...
All the memories going round
Round, round round...

How I wished for you today

And the wind keeps rollin'
And the sky keeps turning grey
And the sun is set
The sun will rise another day

How I wish for you today

How I wish for you today
Will I walk the long road?
We all walk the long road
"The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
I'm no dude! Dudette!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful song. Take care of yourself.

stb
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Sorry for your loss...its always a shock when it happens suddenly like that...take care...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    Thanks a lot.
    And even if they don't read it, thanks to the band. I was not listening to much pj lately, but right now their music is really helping out. a lot. It's great company and somehow they manage to give me peace. Not answers cause there is no such thing in times like these, but they calm me down. and that's what I need.
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((romybian)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry you lost your Uncle~
    Thoughts are with you and your family
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    That is really sad. All the best my friend.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I'm so sorry to hear that:( I know the pain that you are in.. I wish you the best
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.