Options

Anyone ever lost a day?

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I went out on the piss on Saturday evening and after having quite a laugh on Saturday night e.t.c. and going to a few bars in Seoul with a friend finally got a cab home and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I figured it was Sunday morning. Big mistake! It was Monday morning and I was an hour late for work. I only realised after looking at the date on the bbc news website.
I fucking panicked and rushed off to work in a state of confusion and proceeded to tell my boss that my alarm clock had failed to go off.
I seriously lost a whole Sunday.
I'm suspecting that I may need to cut down on the booze a bit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    its normal to sleep 20+ hours...

my longest sleep was on a sunday night from 7pm till tues afternoon at 12pm

the affects of mesculine .....
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    its normal to sleep 20+ hours...

my longest sleep was on a sunday night from 7pm till tues afternoon at 12pm

the affects of mesculine .....

I wasn't asleep though. I went back to the bar yesterday as I'd left my phone there and they said that I'd been there all day Sunday. I literally have no memory of it.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I wasn't asleep though. I went back to the bar yesterday as I'd left my phone there and they said that I'd been there all day Sunday. I literally have no memory of it.

hmnnn ,,thats alittle weird

must be some good hooch there in korea
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Byrnzie wrote:

I think you should leave your phone home when you go out from now on! I remember reading another thread where you lost it before when you went out! :)

But seriously, that would've been very scary. Good that you are ok :)
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I think you should leave your phone home when you go out from now on! I remember reading another thread where you lost it before when you went out! :)

But seriously, that would've been very scary. Good that you are ok :)

Yeah, I freaked out on my way to work. I'd been lying in bed thinking that it must be Sunday and I was thinking about going back to the pub to try and find my phone e.t.c, and I sat down at the p.c and checked the time and date and realised it was Monday. I've had memory losses before after heavy sessions, but nothing like that.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Christ... that IS impressive :p you must feel like shit now?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I went back to the bar yesterday as I'd left my phone there and

did that girl of yours run off with it again ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Christ... that IS impressive :p you must feel like shit now?

I actually didn't feel too bad yesterday - Monday. My only memory of Sunday is asking two friends of mine what day it was and thinking they were winding me up when they said I had to work the next day. I remember looking at my watch and thinking that if they were telling me the truth then it must have been Monday morning as I thought it was 8am - it was actually 8pm Sunday. That's when I headed home. I then figured that it was Sunday morning and so went to sleep.
    Anyway, it wasn't Sunday morning at all. It was Sunday evening and so after I slept I woke up thinking it must still have been Sunday.
    That's when all hell broke loose. He he!
    Seriously though - horrible feeling. Total confusion,
    The lost weekend!
  • Options
    haha i've woke up at night thinking it was morning but never a whole day.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I don't know you from Adam, but i've read two posts of yours this morning, one where you lost a complete day from a drinking binge and the other about your impending fatherhood from a fling with a girl.

yeah I'd say you might want to cut the booze down a bit :D

seriously though
  • Options
    I don't know you from Adam, but i've read two posts of yours this morning, one where you lost a complete day from a drinking binge and the other about your impending fatherhood from a fling with a girl.

seriously though
    :o it's kinda looking like it byrnzie... that's pretty crazy. It's often taken me quite a while to figure out what day/time it is when I wake up but that's generally just my morning head. Can happen with the aid of drink but more than likely without.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

seriously though

You're right.
    I am gonna give it a rest for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You're right.
    I am gonna give it a rest for a couple of weeks.

pussy :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    pussy :rolleyes:

I meant work! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

genuine "lol" moment right there. :D
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

:D:D
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    To put it simply no i haven't you crazy crazy bastard :D I have had some massive nights out wher i have staggered for hours and thrown up on the side of the road countless times but i never lost a day.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So, I went out on the piss on Saturday evening and after having quite a laugh on Saturday night e.t.c. and going to a few bars in Seoul with a friend finally got a cab home and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I figured it was Sunday morning. Big mistake! It was Monday morning and I was an hour late for work.
    Was one of your drinks spiked? Unless your an avid sleeper that sounds odd, like I can sleep no longer than 14-16hrs after sleep deprivation/chemicals/ mass shagging.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Byrnzie wrote:

that's hardcore.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,579
    I'd have to say yes except that I lost a decade or so. It's fun trying to piece the puzzle together though. I like to throw in a bit of denial, so I feel a tad decent. Like maybe I did shave someone's eyebrow. Sorry 'bout that.
  • Options
    woah I thought you were going to say you flew east all day.

can't say I've ever lost an entire day.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Byrnzie wrote:

It sounds like an alcohol induced black out .....nothing to worry about welcome to the club. :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    I gained a day once...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Hasn't happened to me, I've had hangovers that have kept me laid up in bed the next day, but I was fully conscious of all that. But then, I'm only a beer or wine drinker. I don't go top shelf.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm suspecting that I may need to cut down on the booze a bit.
    :rolleyes: But then again... what's a day in your whole life?
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    You might want to double check that you have all your internal organs. Someone might have drugged you and swiped your spleen or something.

either that or alien abduction. how's your bottom? were you anally probed?

:D;)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I lost 6 weeks when my dad past away. (I found him on the sofa)
    That was an instant swirling black funnel cloud
    where I sank into a deep dark well like hole.
    January 31, 20** and whatever year it was. (2002 maybe)
    So tramatic I forget the year part everytime.

One day my buddy goes, wow dude it's March. (whatever day it was)
    I'm all like, wow shit..that's fucked up.
    I had no clue what was going on.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    the statement above doesn't apply to being Mr. Party Animal
    for years on end back in the day where one would have days running
    together and together and together and again and some-more.
    when that happens you loose pritty much all reality so to speak.
    things are then like a fuzzy/blury dream.

in some cases people loose track of years at a time.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I lose days all the time. Fridays often just merge into sunday, or even monday. Or when im on holiday from work days on end can be lost.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.