Options

visiting Seattle...

Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Next March I'll be staying in Seattle for about 4 days. It will be my first time there, any suggestion on places to visit, especially linked to the history of grrrrrrrunge music?
www.amnesty.org
www.amnesty.org.uk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    visit the soundgarden, i got told its some statue/monument.
  • Options
    The Soundgarden is not open to the public anymore.
    Be Sound...
  • Options
    bump....
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Hi Puck :)

you'll see... it's all around you even if you don't look for it: Showbox, Benaroya... :)

One thing I would recommend is taking the ferry to West Seattle, walk around there aimlessly, and end the walk on the beach :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Hi Puck :)
    One thing I would recommend is taking the ferry to West Seattle, walk around there aimlessly, and end the walk on the beach :)

Preferably at sunset :)

Man, I can't wait to visit Seattle again!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    The Off Ramp (PJ first show) - Now known as El Corazón.

Jimi Hendrix's grave.

Discovery Park Lighthouse.....where Hunger Strike was filmed.

Fremont Troll

Easy Street Records
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Macrina Bakery! In Belltown on 1st Avenue. Some of the best food in the city. Hopefully, you'll be able to experience the heaven that is the flourless chocolate cake. Cafe Flora in Madison Park is known for it's vegetarian fare. I was there once, and the reputation is warranted.

Also, if you like cake, I would suggest Simply Desserts in Fremont. Also, in Fremont a chocolate shop opened as part of the Essential Baking Company. Anything associated with the Essential Baking Company is stellar. If you plan on going to GasWorks Park which is in the movie Singles, get some nibbles at the Essential Baking Company on 35th Street right on the edge of Wallingford and Fremont. Fremont has the cutest shops! At least it did 4 years ago. Lingerie, and shoes, jewelry, and tons of Thai eateries. I worked at the Fremont Place Bookstore right smack dab in the center of Fremont. You can not go wrong with food from the PCC in Fremont, either.

Pike Place Market is in Singles, and any Seattle movie it seems. Try DeLauranti for the canolli, and there's a place with little donuts just near the place where sellers throw fish. Very good Spanish Food store in the back of Pike Place Market. I'm working on 4 year memory here, as I haven't been back for 4 years. However, I lived there 10 years, and some things don't change.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    do ya think Ms.Hakiu likes her food????haha
    i wanna see seattle someday too.is there still a big music scene there..the likes oof which we havent seen since "grunge" era?
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Macrina Bakery! In Belltown on 1st Avenue. Some of the best food in the city. Hopefully, you'll be able to experience the heaven that is the flourless chocolate cake. Cafe Flora in Madison Park is known for it's vegetarian fare. I was there once, and the reputation is warranted.

Jam's and I live a couple blocks away from Macrina. That place is great, Jam's wants to own it and turn it in to a gluten free bakery. :D:p

I had the roasted pepper/potato pizza there.....yum!

Flora is great too.....mmm, coconut tofu w/ sweet chili sauce!
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    meme wrote:

The Elliott Bay Water Taxi? That's always a crowd-pleaser, but unfortunately it doesn't start up until the Spring...around May. If you want to get on a boat, go to Pier 52 and take a Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge Island. It's about a 35 min. ride each way.

Or just drive over to Alki Beach in West Seattle via the Bridge for about the same awesome view. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Wiki_seattle_alki_01.jpg/800px-Wiki_seattle_alki_01.jpg

From there, you can go have breakfast at Easy Street Records & Cafe on California Ave. :)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    roar wrote:
    The Elliott Bay Water Taxi? That's always a crowd-pleaser, but unfortunately it doesn't start up until the Spring...around May. If you want to get on a boat, go to Pier 52 and take a Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge Island. It's about a 35 min. ride each way.

Or just drive over to Alki Beach in West Seattle via the Bridge for about the same awesome view. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Wiki_seattle_alki_01.jpg/800px-Wiki_seattle_alki_01.jpg

From there, you can go have breakfast at Easy Street Records & Cafe on California Ave. :)
    White Chocolate Mouse Cake at Alki Bakery!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    All I can say is pack your raincoat and don't expect to see the sun...
    But yeah, come visit West Seattle...we've got a great thing goin!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    bump again!
    Thanks for all the answers. I'll arrive with the bus to Seattle directly from orlando, via New York and Boston: it will be my first time in the US and I really want to see as much as possible of the country, so... no just up and down from planes...

Ms Haiku has the same idea of me about travelling... that includes: eating.
    Nice to read you again meme :)
    *tralalalala can't wait for this travel: i will stress you a lot again about this, tralalala*
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    I just got back from Seattle, i went there without much of a gameplan. Spent way to much time on the waterfront and downtown. Hit up Pikes if you have never been, Elliots oyster house in Pikes is great for cheap good seafood(the chowder there is the best ive ever had). Go to the Can-Can, very cool bar try and get your name on the list for the burlesque show. I wish i spent more time in Freemont but while i was there i went to Brouwers(beer bar and restaurant) and i was in heaven. Went to Bremerton but that would have been more fun in the spring or summer. Very cool city, will visit again soon in nice weather.
  • Options
    is it worth to make a 1 day trip to Aberdeen, to see where Kurt was from?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    like said earlier, go to Pike place market.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Puck78 wrote:
    is it worth to make a 1 day trip to Aberdeen, to see where Kurt was from?

You might as well.
    It is nothing at all fantastic.
    A poor little town.
    I'm 20-30 miles away from there, farther west-ward.
    Seattle is like a 2 hour drive away from me.

If you like outdoors, go to Olympic National Forest, up highway 101 from Aberdeen/Hoquiam.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ba-da-ba-bump!
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk