Freaking Nervous

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going to homecoming tonight with a very attractive girl.... I'm so nervous... I'm afraid i'll make a fool of myself... any tips? and BTW i never been to a dance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alright. from what i can remember youre around my age.

i went with a smokin hot chick last year.

1. dont try to start dancing. let her lead the way.
    2. if youre school is like mine chances are theyll be playing tons of hiphop/rap/r&b... etc. which usually is grinding music.
    3. if grinding starts, just stand there and let her do the work :p
    4. dont do or say anything stupid.
    5. stay clean
    6. be yourself
    7. lend me 40 bucks
    8. be yourself
    9. slow dancing. so easy. dont talk unless she does. dont look anywhere else other than at her. keep it slow.

follow these steps and youll be good to go my friend.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • During the first dance, pinch her ass, and wink at her. She'll know you're in charge.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    During the first dance, pinch her ass, and wink at her. She'll know you're in charge.

Haha.... between that and the advice you gave for a good way to meet a girl's parents, your advice rules. :D

To add to that, make sure you move your tongue all over the inside of her mouth if you kiss her. Pretend there's delicious ice cream in the back of her throat, and go for it.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    Haha.... between that and the advice you gave for a good way to meet a girl's parents, your advice rules. :D

To add to that, make sure you move your tongue all over the inside of her mouth if you kiss her. Pretend there's delicious ice cream in the back of her throat, and go for it.
    It's no wonder I was a desperately lonely person for the first 20 years of my life. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    walking around with a massive erection is not advisable....
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    cutback wrote:
    walking around with a massive erection is not advisable....

So thats where I normally go wrong
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    So thats where I normally go wrong

well it does depend on the girl :eek: :p:D
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm going to homecoming tonight with a very attractive girl.... I'm so nervous... I'm afraid i'll make a fool of myself... any tips? and BTW i never been to a dance
    Just slam a few forties before and you'll be all set!
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Just remember that when you're slow dancing, she can feel it if you "like her".

And don't flirt with anyone else.

There's no reason to be nervous. Everyone else is nervous too.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    deep breaths
  • I gotta be honest I always just got hammered before prom's and homecoming's and things like that. Always helped me from being nervous.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213
    Left Porch wrote:
    I gotta be honest I always just got hammered before prom's and homecoming's and things like that. Always helped me from being nervous.
    nowadays, they have breathalizer tests for every third person coming into the proms and homecomings now...
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    nowadays, they have breathalizer tests for every third person coming into the proms and homecomings now...

No shit, that sucks. I'm only 22 and they didn't have that shit when I was in high school, and that was like 4 years ago. Bummer.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Tell her you are bad ass that "follows nobody's rules but your own, and you don't even follow those."

Via Family guy
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    seanw1010 wrote:

i don't think barely anyone from my class would have shown up....how times have changed
    cutback wrote:
    i don't think barely anyone from my class would have shown up....how times have changed
    you know what really sucks about my school? if you want to do any extra curricular activity(even stuff like community service) at any time, you have to sign a form saying you can be regularily drug tested. you test positive on anything, you are automatically suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks, and are not allowed back into school till you pass. i mean c'mon, its high school! people are gonna experiment.
    seanw1010 wrote:
    you know what really sucks about my school? if you want to do any extra curricular activity(even stuff like community service) at any time, you have to sign a form saying you can be regularily drug tested. you test positive on anything, you are automatically suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks, and are not allowed back into school till you pass. i mean c'mon, its high school! people are gonna experiment.

jesus can we be a more uptight country :rolleyeys: ?
    cutback wrote:
    its pretty pathetic really...
  • seanw1010 wrote:

Sounds like a good way to get people to NOT do extra-curricular activities.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Well I guess I'll follow up on how it went... me and my friends picked her up and I went in and got pictures... that was prolly the most awkward part... then in the car she told me shes pretty sick and she looked pretty sick. then we got to homecoming and everything was going decent, we were talking... then we started to slow dance and grind that was pretty sexy lol... it wasn't nearly as forced or awkward as I imagined it... I tried not to pop one... but the little motherfucker peeked out a little but it was no big deal. after a while she got hot and wanted to go get drinks so we did... then a few other guys asked her to dance and I said I was fine with it... then we danced a little more... then she said she was getting pretty sick so we went to sit down... then it was over... so it went okay... it would have been better if she wasn't sick though...
  • Well I guess I'll follow up on how it went... me and my friends picked her up and I went in and got pictures... that was prolly the most awkward part... then in the car she told me shes pretty sick and she looked pretty sick. then we got to homecoming and everything was going decent, we were talking... then we started to slow dance and grind that was pretty sexy lol... it wasn't nearly as forced or awkward as I imagined it... I tried not to pop one... but the little motherfucker peeked out a little but it was no big deal. after a while she got hot and wanted to go get drinks so we did... then a few other guys asked her to dance and I said I was fine with it... then we danced a little more... then she said she was getting pretty sick so we went to sit down... then it was over... so it went okay... it would have been better if she wasn't sick though...

good work. now follow up on that.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
    youre welcome......

:p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    cutback wrote:

Haha, you just realised that? That happened ages ago already....hahaha.

edit: then again I am Dutch :D
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
    p.s. OP, dont listen to these guys. Just be sweet, talk with her, look her straight into her eyes at times. Get her some drinks. Dont be a softy, just a nice guy. And remember she isnt going to the dance with you for nothing!

TREAT HER WITH RESPECT! and HAVE FUN!
    Haha, you just realised that? That happened ages ago already....hahaha.

edit: then again I am Dutch :D

no i know it....just every once and while i see real world evidence it shocks me into reality ;)
    cutback wrote:
    no i know it....just every once and while i see real world evidence it shocks me into reality ;)

I can understand that :D