Options

Avery's an idiot

kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
But funny nonetheless.

December 28, 2007
Blame Canada

Sean Avery doesn't like hockey-obsessed Canadians... lucky for him he gets to spend Saturday night in the self-proclaimed centre of the hockey universe.

As reported in Friday's Toronto Sun, Avery is bracing himself for a circus when his Rangers return to the ACC to battle the LeafsSaturday night. It's his first game back in Toronto since he exchanged words in the pre-game warmup with Jason Blake and Darcy Tucker on November 10th.

"No, I never enjoy going to Toronto, really," Avery told New York reporters yesterday. "So all that will do is motivate me to play better, probably.

"Why? Let's see ... Because I don't enjoy hockey-obsessed Canadians. The (US-Canadian dollar) exchange is not very good right now. And it's going to cost me a lot of money in tickets for people I don't even like."

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hearsay/2007/12/28/blame_canada/
London 2005
Toronto 2011 night 2
Hamilton 2011
London 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hehe
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    that is all bs, he loves the attention, he is just trying to get his name in the papers and discussed about

just ignore him
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    man, if i weren't a rangers fan i'd hate him too. but i am a rangers fan, so i actually think he is hilarious and a great player.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    scot88 wrote:
    man, if i weren't a rangers fan i'd hate him too. but i am a rangers fan, so i actually think he is hilarious and a great player.

exactly.

watching him play day in day out, you realize he is a great player who has a lot of skills that gives the rangers a chance to win almost every night.

but if he were on another team... yeah, i'd hate him.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    did this really warrant its own thread Captain Obvious ?:confused:

i've said it before - i'll say it again-
    when he was out in LA and I saw him do the pushups on the ice after scoring a goal- i thought to myself " what a stinking douchebag ".........

but the second he put on the red white and blue, that douchebag theory was put on the back burner ( until hes traded away elsewhere )

oh and 1 more thing- the guy has dated Rachel Hunter and Elisha Cuthbert- so obviously the guy is doing something right. To make a thread bashing him is a sure sign of jealousy.

[size=+2]The Sean Avery Show has a return engagement tomorrow night in Toronto, site of its most tumultuous episode to date, back on November 10th when Avery got into a pre-game, in-game, and post-game war of words, sticks, and fists with doppelgänger Darcy Tucker. Avery won that battle with a goal and an assist in the Rangers' 3-2 shootout win, and he has yet to complete his battle with a radio reporter and a newspaper columnist over the since-refuted allegation that he targeted Jason Blake with inappropriate remarks. But so far, the Leafs have won the war, winning the two games the teams have played without Avery's participation due to injury.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, the local area product will be on the ice in Toronto tomorrow night, and he vows to play his usual game. Which means Tucker is going to have earn his paycheck for a change. Avery is already in trash-talk mode, dissing his hometown yesterday, blaming even the exchange rate for his animosity (jokingly, of course, although many on the receiving end of his jokes don't always appreciate them) -- see the Daily News, Times, Post, Blueshirts Blog, and Toronto Sun to read about it. Those same reports also note that neither Avery nor Colton Orr will be suspended for their actions in the Rangers' last game, and that indeed (according to the Post) the Rangers have requested that Orr's game misconduct be rescinded.
    [/size]

C
    [size=+2] Lets Go Rangers [/size]
    C
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    did this really warrant its own thread Captain Obvious ?:confused:

i've said it before - i'll say it again-
    when he was out in LA and I saw him do the pushups on the ice after scoring a goal- i thought to myself " what a stinking douchebag ".........

but the second he put on the red white and blue, that douchebag theory was put on the back burner ( until hes traded away elsewhere )

oh and 1 more thing- the guy has dated Rachel Hunter and Elisha Cuthbert- so obviously the guy is doing something right. To make a thread bashing him is a sure sign of jealousy.

[/size]

C
    [size=+2] Lets Go Rangers [/size]
    C
    Well at least other people responded to this thread unlike ur boss thread evey post bathgate ok 90% lol:)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well at least other people responded to this thread unlike ur boss thread evey post bathgate ok 90% lol:)

oh you mean just like your maple leaves thread.

gotcha.

( btw plenty of others respoind and partake in the uncle bruce thread, its just that i double them up ) :p

& just for that o0ne,

avery gets a natural hatttrick tonight as well as a gordie howe hattrick after he kicks darcys ass.

:rolleyes:

;)
    jk
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh you mean just like your maple leaves thread.

gotcha.

( btw plenty of others respoind and partake in the uncle bruce thread, its just that i double them up ) :p

& just for that o0ne,

avery gets a natural hatttrick tonight as well as a gordie howe hattrick after he kicks darcys ass.

:rolleyes:

;)
    jk
    I was joking anyway's Bath, i was trying to be Avery and start shit :)P.S i hope Darcy and Sean do go at it, it wouldn't be as exciting without them going at it :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    It is so good for hockey to have shit disturbers that people love to hate. It makes the games that much more fun to watch. If the Rangers did not have Avery, I would have no reason to ever turn on one of their games this year (as witnessed when he was hurt).
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    love him or hate him, there is no denying that he is one of the most exciting current players to watch. he is right up there with crosby as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    scot88 wrote:
    love him or hate him, there is no denying that he is one of the most exciting current players to watch. he is right up there with crosby as far as i'm concerned.

are you serious ?

exciting ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit