hatred of apes

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    agreed, horses are fantastic animals :D
    I disagree. They should be the antagonists of the next Romero movie.
  • Rygar wrote:
    I disagree. They should be the antagonists of the next Romero movie.

nah... now see, Zombie Apes... that shit might actually make me scared of the undead ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    nah... now see, Zombie Apes... that shit might actually make me scared of the undead ;)
    No no, zombie horses!
    Wait, zombie horses ridden by zombie apes. Call George, we have a film!

I don't hate horses in the sense of 'all horses should die'. I just don't like horses in the sense that they aren't for me.
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    is there a term for this or anything. i for the most part like animals alot. but when it comes to apes i cant explain it but i just want them dead. i think i know why i feel this way, but im not sure. id like to read info cause im sure im not the only person thats been like this. its not a fear of them. its not like with some people afraid of snakes or sharks and wants to see them dead, i hate apes. like a horror movie with apes would not be scary unlike something like jaws or birds or any of those horror animal movies.

Whatever the reason, you really should get this monkey off your back. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I love all animals......ugly ones are the cutest! hehehehe ;)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Rygar wrote:
    No no, zombie horses!
    Wait, zombie horses ridden by zombie apes. Call George, we have a film!

I don't hate horses in the sense of 'all horses should die'. I just don't like horses in the sense that they aren't for me.

I swear Rygar, if that ever happens and Mr. Romero takes on board your idea, I will travel to wherever you are in the world to watch it with you! Genius. :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

I swear Rygar, if that ever happens and Mr. Romero takes on board your idea, I will travel to wherever you are in the world to watch it with you! Genius. :D
    Sweet, I've already sent him a rough draft!
  • Rygar wrote:
    Sweet, I've already sent him a rough draft!

cool, let me know his feedback and i'll book me flights ;)

• Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    homophobia.. fear of hominids..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • I love all animals......ugly ones are the cutest! hehehehe ;)

That's great, cus I've put one of these in the post. It'll be with you Saturday.

http://www.stockphototalk.com/photos/uncategorized/jonathanasboywithtoad.jpg
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    That is a great picture!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • is there a term for this or anything. i for the most part like animals alot. but when it comes to apes i cant explain it but i just want them dead. i think i know why i feel this way, but im not sure. id like to read info cause im sure im not the only person thats been like this. its not a fear of them. its not like with some people afraid of snakes or sharks and wants to see them dead, i hate apes. like a horror movie with apes would not be scary unlike something like jaws or birds or any of those horror animal movies.
    I could understand you not liking certain animals, but wanting them dead, thats strange.
    Cant touch the bottom...

London 96.
    Manchester 00.
    London 07.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    oh my god!

I'm not alone!!! :D:D:D

I hate chimps and orangutans. I can't explain why but they scare me and repulse me at the same time. I understand that 'horror movie' animals are ridiculous but actual, real life chimps and orangutans simply terrify me, I can't even watch them on TV without my toes curling. It's strange cuz i'm ok with monkeys and even Gorillas (I actually really like gorillas :confused: ) but there's just something about chimps and orangutans...

yes, I too would like to know if there's a term for it...

That's insane! Orangutans are the greatest. Hurray for orangutans! Haven't you ever seen them mess about in a zoo? Funniest shit ever. Seriously, you need to give the poor orangutans another chance.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • I don't mind apes, but one of the most blood-curdling, freaky things I've ever seen happen, involved apes.

I was in a zoo looking at a chimp enclosure. A bird accidentally flew into the enclosure, hit a tree and fell to the floor of the enclosure. An ape got down from its tree and went to pick the bird up in its hands. It brought the little bird to its eye. It looked quite intrigued by the little thing, which was concussed but alive and well. Just when I thought that it might kindly put it outside the cage, it didn't; it proceeded to flip it in the air and then catch it again. And then it began bashing it repeatedly against the bark of the tree until it was dead. Only THEN did it put the bird outside the cage. Heart-wrenching.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

cutback wrote:
    That one never gets old!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Rygar wrote:
    That one never gets old!

it really doesn't.....:D
    cutback wrote:
    it really doesn't.....:D
    You can pretty much watch it over and over again quite a few times before getting tired of it.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I don't mind apes, but one of the most blood-curdling, freaky things I've ever seen happen, involved apes.

I was in a zoo looking at a chimp enclosure. A bird accidentally flew into the enclosure, hit a tree and fell to the floor of the enclosure. An ape got down from its tree and went to pick the bird up in its hands. It brought the little bird to its eye. It looked quite intrigued by the little thing, which was concussed but alive and well. Just when I thought that it might kindly put it outside the cage, it didn't; it proceeded to flip it in the air and then catch it again. And then it began bashing it repeatedly against the bark of the tree until it was dead. Only THEN did it put the bird outside the cage. Heart-wrenching.

Shit, my cats do that all the time. And, I used to work in a building that was all reflective glass outside. You should have seen all the tiny birds bouncing off that thing. The big, smart ravens would just wait for them to hit the ground stunned and then they would be on them in a split second tearing them to pieces. Little mushroom cloud of feathers!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    This thread made me laugh.

In a kind of nervous, despairing for humanity kind of way.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    is there a term for this or anything. i for the most part like animals alot. but when it comes to apes i cant explain it but i just want them dead. i think i know why i feel this way, but im not sure. id like to read info cause im sure im not the only person thats been like this. its not a fear of them. its not like with some people afraid of snakes or sharks and wants to see them dead, i hate apes. like a horror movie with apes would not be scary unlike something like jaws or birds or any of those horror animal movies.
    probably has something to do with their close genetic proximity to us... something in our code... you subconsciously despise them for not being able to make the same evolutionary jump that humans did... you hate them for the same reason some people hate ugly humans... they are very human like but just fuckin ugly and hairy... as far as their personalities i find them to be kindof sarcastic and cheeky in a very bad way... come to think of it... i hate monkeys too...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    agreed, horses are fantastic animals :D
    horses suck more than anything because they are so overrated and glamorized by little girls and cowboys... dont have anything against them aesthetically... agree with the no personality thing...

dogs are really the only animal species i appreciate... this world would be better off with just humans and dogs... there i said it...

• PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
    sgossard3 wrote:
    probably has something to do with their close genetic proximity to us... something in our code... you subconsciously despise them for not being able to make the same evolutionary jump that humans did... you hate them for the same reason some people hate ugly humans... they are very human like but just fuckin ugly and hairy... as far as their personalities i find them to be kindof sarcastic and cheeky in a very bad way... come to think of it... i hate monkeys too...

i dont believe in evolution like that, if at all. i was hoping someone knew of something about this. cause its not a phobia, but its definitly something.

well i havent found it yet but with this site http://www.wordinfo.info/ im guessing either misopithecan or misopithecoid.
    i dont believe in evolution like that, if at all. i was hoping someone knew of something about this. cause its not a phobia, but its definitly something.

well i havent found it yet but with this site http://www.wordinfo.info/ im guessing either misopithecan or misopithecoid.
    ok well if you dont believe in evolution then you have deeper issues than your monkey hatred... i doubt that anyone has wasted any research grants for an irrational hatred of monkeys... but good luck searching... and stay away from the zoo in the meantime

• sgossard3 wrote:

LOL :D

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    sgossard3 wrote:
    This post is as amazing as it is absurd.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    cutback wrote:
    'damned dirty apes!'

don't get to quote planet of the apes that often....:p:D:D

Damn, you beat me to it. But it is such a good line, I will say it again:

"Damned Dirty Apes!"
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
    you are wrote:

hahaha its not a phobia. isnt anyone listening.......... thats why i find this puzzling. no fear, just hatred. i know that alot of hatred comes from some sort of fear or bad experiences but i have neither with apes.