Options

I hate the fucking dentist

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
But unfortunately today was the 3rd of many more visits to come b/c I didn't go for 6 years...damn, I am regretting this right now. My whole damn mouth is numb.
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dentist are americas terrorist.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me... I haven't been for a few years and have been putting off going back, but I just called and made an appt for the first week of February.

I never disliked the dentist, and have always had good ones, but between switching insurances a couple times and moving, I just got away from going. I'm gonna be screwed too.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Thanks for reminding me... I haven't been for a few years and have been putting off going back, but I just called and made an appt for the first week of February.

I never disliked the dentist, and have always had good ones, but between switching insurances a couple times and moving, I just got away from going. I'm gonna be screwed too.

I had a similar situation...some of it was just plain laziness, though...I hate to admit.

Boy am I paying the price now. The novocaine is starting to wear off and the soreness is kicking in...owwwww....
  • Options
    I had a similar situation...some of it was just plain laziness, though...I hate to admit.

Boy am I paying the price now. The novocaine is starting to wear off and the soreness is kicking in...owwwww....

Yeah, I'm sure that laziness was the overriding factor in my situation too :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I just got back from the dentist today for the first time in over 9 years (!). And guess what? No frickin' cavities!!!! Just quite a bit of plaque buildup which was easily scraped away in 20 minutes.

I just got really lazy in finding a dentist and scheduling an appointment. The longer I waited, the easier it was to keep putting it off.

of course, I'm no longer going to go 9 years between visits.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I just got back from the dentist today for the first time in over 9 years (!). And guess what? No frickin' cavities!!!! Just quite a bit of plaque buildup which was easily scraped away in 20 minutes.

But the layers of plaque buildup is what prevented the cavities...now you're fucked..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hi.. i live in Britain.. what is a dentist?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    But unfortunately today was the 3rd of many more visits to come b/c I didn't go for 6 years...damn, I am regretting this right now. My whole damn mouth is numb.

:( ......Hey look on the bright side ....you will more than likely get a free toothbrush and floss with each visit! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Gargle hydrogen peroxide....better than any mouthwash. Oxygenates your mouth and stops bad breath altogether.

It's odd, but I actually like the pain of the dentists needle...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    hi.. i live in Britain.. what is a dentist?
    :eek: buahahahahaa!!!

I like the dentist...I like the sound of the drill coming out of the other rooms.

and he gives me a lolly pop. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i didn't go to the dentist for almost 20 years until a couple years ago.....perfect teeth....at least one thing on my body is in perfect health....:)
  • Options
    I like my dentist. he's cute.
  • Options
    keep regular hygeine visits. its good for you.
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    :( ......Hey look on the bright side ....you will more than likely get a free toothbrush and floss with each visit! :p

This is true!!...lucky me, I guess. lol.
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:

This is true!!...lucky me, I guess. lol.
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:

Fucking computer...sorry for the triple post.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

i didn't go for 8 yrs.

lucky i only have four cavities...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i didn't go for 8 yrs.

lucky i only have four cavities...
    I had 0 cavities, but I needed a deep cleaning. Those fucking tools they use...
  • Options
    I go to the dentist constantly, but I haven't had a cleaning in years. I'm always going for this one filling that constantly breaks, then I just had a root canal which involves 5 visits total...
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I had 0 cavities, but I needed a deep cleaning. Those fucking tools they use...

damn...0 cavities?

what do you mean by deep cleaning?

last time at the dentist they didn't even bother to floss my teeth...maybe she had her mind on the mouthful of candy she was chomping on.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options

SAME SHIT HAPPENED TO ME MAN.

I have to get a tooth extracted next Tuesday. Not too excited about it.
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    damn...0 cavities?

what do you mean by deep cleaning?

last time at the dentist they didn't even bother to floss my teeth...maybe she had her mind on the mouthful of candy she was chomping on.

A deep cleaning is when the have to actuallt go into the gum to remove tissue to prevent bone loss. I used to smoke, so that contribuated, and she also said it's hereditary...oh well.
  • Options
    Thankfully I feel much better today...but I will have to go through it all again in 5 weeks...and then I need mouth surgery...just kill me now...