Options

7 Medical Myths Revealed

RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I knew I didn't need 8 glasses of water a day ;)

Interesting article, anyway.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL2146439720071221?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    yeah, that whole 8 glasses thing always makes me feel like a fish tank! :D

so I'm glad that's over! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    You don't need 8 glasses a day to be "healthy", but ask anyone over the age of 25 w/ a six pack how much water they drink each day. Guranteed you'll get an average answer of 1-1.5 gallons. Drinking more water consistently all day (not chugging 2 glasses here and 2 glasses there) will make you much less bloated...and your toxicity level goes way down. So you are healthier.
  • Options
    Who wants a bloody six pack??? Monumental waste of time in my opinion.
    I drink as much water as I need in a day and my body is perfectly happy with that. If others are that obsessed with the external and a six pack and 8 glasses of water does it for them, well that's great. But it's not a priority in my life. And it certainly will have absolutely no impact on my health at all. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Who wants a bloody six pack??? Monumental waste of time in my opinion.
    I drink as much water as I need in a day and my body is perfectly happy with that. If others are that obsessed with the external and a six pack and 8 glasses of water does it for them, well that's great. But it's not a priority in my life. And it certainly will have absolutely no impact on my health at all. :)
    Forget the 6-pack thing then...

Again, it keeps your toxicity level lower which means you are healthier. It's not like if you don't drink lots of water, you're gonna die...but it does help. It's not a myth.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I knew I didn't need 8 glasses of water a day ;)

Interesting article, anyway.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL2146439720071221?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0
    Sweet. I'm heading over to the hospital right now to use my cel phone.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    Saturnal wrote:

Again, it keeps your toxicity level lower which means you are healthier. It's not like if you don't drink lots of water, you're gonna die...but it does help. It's not a myth.

Look saturnal I have no problem if you want to believe that and if it works for you and your body that's fantastic but I can quite categorically state that as far as I'm concerned it is a myth and would have NO IMPACT on the "toxicity" in my body.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Look saturnal I have no problem if you want to believe that and if it works for you and your body that's fantastic but I can quite categorically state that as far as I'm concerned it is a myth and would have NO IMPACT on the "toxicity" in my body.
    lol ok
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    lol ok

:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I don't know how some people don't drink water :confused: I am not even talking about the 8 glasses a day. I just know some people who say "I don't like water" ... wtf??? :eek:

Anyway I do believe that drinking plenty of water is good for you.. I mean it is water how can it be bad for you?? Unless it is like mud puddle water :p
  • Options
    I don't know how some people don't drink water :confused: I am not even talking about the 8 glasses a day. I just know some people who say "I don't like water" ... wtf??? :eek:

Anyway I do believe that drinking plenty of water is good for you.. I mean it is water how can it be bad for you?? Unless it is like mud puddle water :p
    Well you can kill yourself by drinking too much water, but that's way beyond what we're talking about here :P
    I generally don't drink a lot of water unless I'm exercising (which has been a while) or dry skin makes an appearance, or if I'm sick (which I am). But then it isn't just water I'll drink, it's juice and everything else too.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    why would you drink water when dr. pepper is avaliable? :)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Well you can kill yourself by drinking too much water, but that's way beyond what we're talking about here :P
    I generally don't drink a lot of water unless I'm exercising (which has been a while) or dry skin makes an appearance, or if I'm sick (which I am). But then it isn't just water I'll drink, it's juice and everything else too.

Well yeah I don't drink that much water. :p

I hope you are feeling better and Happy Christmas!! You heading home for Christmas? Ahhh an East Coast Christmas..well I guess I will be having one right here :D
  • Options
    Well yeah I don't drink that much water. :p

I hope you are feeling better and Happy Christmas!! You heading home for Christmas? Ahhh an East Coast Christmas..well I guess I will be having one right here :D
    I was going home for Christmas, but the cold hit 2 days ago and I have an elderly relative recently moved into my parents house for PCW purposes. Old age is nearing it's end for her, so if she gets a cold it'll greatly increase the chances of getting rid of any remaining months she may have, so I might not be going home after all.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I was going home for Christmas, but the cold hit 2 days ago and I have an elderly relative recently moved into my parents house for PCW purposes. Old age is nearing it's end for her, so if she gets a cold it'll greatly increase the chances of getting rid of any remaining months she may have, so I might not be going home after all.

NO!!!! What will you do??? :(
  • Options
    NO!!!! What will you do??? :(
    Wait and see I guess.
    If I don't go to my parents place I can go to Her Royal Highnessness's Place.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Wait and see I guess.
    If I don't go to my parents place I can go to Her Royal Highnessness's Place.

Your girlfriend's? :p but I like the title :D
  • Options
    Your girlfriend's? :p but I like the title :D
    Yeah, I have a lot of Star Wars' referenced names for her.
    She gets it when I refer to her as 'the committee'.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah, I have a lot of Star Wars' referenced names for her.
    She gets it when I refer to her as 'the committee'.

That is both nerdy and sweet all at the same time :) I like it.

So long as you aren't calling her Chewbacca(sp? ) :eek:
  • Options
    That is both nerdy and sweet all at the same time :) I like it.

So long as you aren't calling her Chewbacca(sp? ) :eek:
    Not yet!
    That'll come near the end I reckon. ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Not yet!
    That'll come near the end I reckon. ;)

LMAO

:D Nice ;)
  • Options

i dont drink water. i havent had a glass/cup of water for 8 years now.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Saturnal wrote:

tis true...

If you don’t drink enough water, your body will stick to it’s water deposits for as long as it can, and the toxins in your body will not be transpired and will stay in your body.

drinking a lot of water also speeds up your metabolism.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Yes and you just feel better when you're properly hydrated. We got a nice filter on our faucet, and now I can drink water in the morning without gagging. You feel more awake during the day if you have some water when you get up. I work out a lot, so I drink a lot of water.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    i dont drink water. i havent had a glass/cup of water for 8 years now.

:eek:

I couldn't live....
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    You don't need 8 glasses a day to be "healthy", but ask anyone over the age of 25 w/ a six pack how much water they drink each day. Guranteed you'll get an average answer of 1-1.5 gallons. Drinking more water consistently all day (not chugging 2 glasses here and 2 glasses there) will make you much less bloated...and your toxicity level goes way down. So you are healthier.

Ok, so I used to drink a gallon per day, for about 2 years. I just had a big nalgene that I filled 4 times a day at work. I had stop when I changed jobs because I was in the bathroom ALL the time. And yeah, I think it may have contributed to my good physique at the time...however, it didn't really make me feel healthy. In fact, it kinda made me feel UNhealthy. I kinda felt like it was washing all the nutrients out of my system or something, I can't explain it really, but I often felt like I was getting TOO much water.
  • Options
    :eek:

I couldn't live....

in those 8 years i got sick twice. once was when i saw pj 4 times in five days i hardly slept or ate or drank so i had it coming and the other time not sure what happened but i went to bed early and the next morning i was 90% again no medicine or anything. to me drinking water is like eating air. its a waste of time. i want some flavor or something.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Doesn't mention anything about Wanking making you go blind. I'm gonna presume it's true. :p
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    in those 8 years i got sick twice. once was when i saw pj 4 times in five days i hardly slept or ate or drank so i had it coming and the other time not sure what happened but i went to bed early and the next morning i was 90% again no medicine or anything. to me drinking water is like eating air. its a waste of time. i want some flavor or something.

I like having water. Am I weird? :confused: What do you have when you are thirsty?

I love seeing PJ four times in five days!!! Man, I want a show!!!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I like having water. Am I weird? :confused: What do you have when you are thirsty?

I love seeing PJ four times in five days!!! Man, I want a show!!!
    I don't get the not drinking water thing either...blows my mind.
    I can't imagine what their skin must look like! :eek:
    I mean, you are a bit weird, but not cuz of that.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I don't get the not drinking water thing either...blows my mind.
    I can't imagine what their skin must look like! :eek:
    I mean, you are a bit weird, but not cuz of that.

LMAO Thanks, Trix :D

I know I have dry skin and I drink quite a bit of water!!!