Options

Missouri Tigers make BCS look dumb

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
as a faithfull Missouri alumni, i want to say that i hope KU and Illinois get stomped in their bowl games. today's cotton bowl massacre was nice, but still won't feel any sort of rightness with the universe until those two aforementioned and clearly less talented teams lose this week. nice work BCS, you sure know how to pick em'
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    You are correct...Mizzou took one in the arse come BCS time.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    the illini look like crap............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

Go Ducks!?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    just got back from the game and Illinois didn't look bad, usc is just too good for them.....and even though i'm a traditionalist (pac10/big10 rose bowl) i would have rather seen Missouri.....sc still would have won but it would have been a much better game....:)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yes, missou got incredibly boned...BCS is just a total BS joke. D1 should learn from the other divisons and have a playoff system
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    It didn't take this game to make them look dumb sadly

The whole system is CRAP !!

I hate it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    as a faithfull Missouri alumni, i want to say that i hope KU and Illinois get stomped in their bowl games. today's cotton bowl massacre was nice, but still won't feel any sort of rightness with the universe until those two aforementioned and clearly less talented teams lose this week. nice work BCS, you sure know how to pick em'

Illinois has nothing to do with it. You cant have more than 2 BCS teams from a single conference. They should have been in over Kansas, dont disagree with ya, but Illinois getting a BCS game didnt effect Missouri what so ever. In saying this, keep in mind Arkansas was playing without the head coach they had all year. Missouri won big enough to where they were certainly the better team, but not playing with your head coach has to be a pretty big disadvantage as well.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Nothing against Arkansas, but I'm glad to see Petrino pick where he left off in Atlanta: losing.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    i'm an illinois fan and i never thought they belonged in a game with USC.
    christ...they lost to iowa. that alone knocks them out for me.

that said, the illinois program is up and coming and could be a force every year or two in the big ten.

mizzu shoulda been in the rose bowl ahead of illinois, but the rose bowl has that contract.
    mizzu shoulda been ahead of kansas....now there's an argument i get.

don't hate illinois or hawaii b/c of the system. hate the system.
    at least respect those programs for getting to where they were this year.

look for the ilini in the BCS at leat 2 of 3 times in the next few years.
    zook can recruit.

all that said....pete carroll...stud. period. end of sentence.
  • Options
    i was at the cotton bowl. mizzou looked great.

i actually sat in the razorback section (father in law is a razorback, and he was why we went) and the razorbacks were saying mizzou got screwed. they didnt like their head coach but really, they all said the reason they lost so much was because of their QB. apparently he messes up so much they put him in as a wide reciever and the running backs took direct snaps to run. very odd.

oh and i mizzou beat illinois and kansas, two bcs teams.

ill looked terrible and so did hawaii. i think lsu is gonna roll over ohio. ohio didnt really play anybody as strong as lsu did. and ohio played less games than everyone else. thier conference is too chicken to have a championship game.

just so everyone knows. i am a longhorn fan, so mizzou season doesnt really affect my team, its just the way i feel about the bullcrapshit bowls
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options

i couldn't agree with you more. i hope kansas loses by 50 points. i would be willing to bet anybody reading this anything that kansas does lose. they suck. they played nobody all year. i hate them. if any kansas fans are reading this, i hate you and i hope your dog dies.