Options

Anyone read "Under the Banner of Heaven"? Krakauer.

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I bought "Into the wild" as a gift for someone for Christmas but they already have it. SO I returned it. They did not have "Into Thin Air" so I bought this book. Anyone have a opinion on it?
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i started reading it at an airport once and got bored very quickly.
  • Options
    I bought "Into the wild" as a gift for someone for Christmas but they already have it. SO I returned it. They did not have "Into Thin Air" so I bought this book. Anyone have a opinion on it?

It is an awesome book. It gives a very - I mean VERY- clear and completely heartbreaking history of polygamy within the Mormon church. I was totally enthralled by it, but then, I have a thing for the amount of blood that was shed settling the American west.

The Mormons have gone to serious lengths to try to keep this book under wraps, even publishing tracts against it- and essentially saying any Mormon can be excommunicated for even owning it.

I thought it was a good read.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it. Very interesting. Religion makes some people do CRAZY things. Although not religious myself I find myself very interested in various religious. Anyway, I think it was a good read.