Options

Your Child’s Critical Thinking Skills

IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I enjoy watching the development of our youngest daughter’s critical thinking skills.

She’s five and that’s the most fun, I think, stage in their thinking and creativity solutions!

Today, for example, we were talking about cats on her t-shirt. She loves to spell it out in fingerspelling in ABC.

I asked her what did the “C” sound like in a letter.

“Uhhh…. It sounds like K.”

Me: “Yes, it does. Why do you think they do that, putting a ‘C’ instead of a ‘K’ for cat?”

Livia: (thinking) “Because it sounds right.”

Me: “Ok, then. Why not change it to ‘kat’ if it sounded right?”

Livia: (thinking) “Because it is not right. I like c-a-t. I love cats!”

:D

How about yours?
JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
EV: It's your band.
~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    :D I JUST WANT TO SCREAM HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

How are YOU?????

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Hahahaha... that's so damn cute :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I JUST WANT TO SCREAM HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

How are YOU?????

oxc

:D HELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOO there! :)

I'm ok... hanging in there with the craziness in Mich! Economy sucks here and the guy across from us lost his house - he lived there for 12 years. Scary. More houses up for sale and we are feeling so stuck here but hanging in there though - we are thankful for health and everyone's still under a warm roof.

Still taking painkillers for tooth extraction from LAST FRIDAY! Need a refill NOW!

A sign of getting old... lol :D
    Hahahaha... that's so damn cute

:D She is cute and lovable!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Hang in there....and guess what....You are NOT old!!! He he he....but I am!!!!

Have a very happy holiday!!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hang in there....and guess what....You are NOT old!!! He he he....but I am!!!!

Have a very happy holiday!!!!

oxc

:) But you ain't looking old, dear!

Happy holidays, too!

I want to read more cute stories about kids, though! ;)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    :) But you ain't looking old, dear!

Happy holidays, too!

I want to read more cute stories about kids, though! ;)

I can't remember any......that's how old I am!!!! Two are in college!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    cute story iam. :D

obviously, i don't have a story of my own kids since i don't have any.....but i'll give you one from my teaching days. :) back when i first became a teacher, i was already married and i took my husband's name. however, i was never fond of "mrs." b/c men's titles don't change with marriage, so i disagree with a woman's changing with her name/marital status. soooooo...i always introduced myself to new students as 'MS.decides2dream." obviously, kids and their curiosity and all...in time...would ask if i were married, etc, why am i not 'mrs'...and i would tell them why and explained the differences between all the titles, male and female. however, more often than not, kids would call me 'miss'....basically b/c anyone who looked young was a 'miss' to them and older teachers were 'mrs.' :p haha.

i was just about giving up on being addressed correctly. then during one class, 3rd grade i think....yet again a student called me 'miss d2d' and a little boy proceeded to tell the other student that was NOT my name, and WHy it was not my name....got totally into the differentiation between 'ms,' mrs' and 'miss'...he got it absolutely right and i was completely dumb-founded. :D he was so spot on and adorable. at least someone was listening....

when i changed schools..i simply gave up and introduced myself as 'mrs. decides2dream'....and of course, was still called 'miss.' :o
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    cute story iam. :D

obviously, i don't have a story of my own kids since i don't have any.....but i'll give you one from my teaching days. :) back when i first became a teacher, i was already married and i took my husband's name. however, i was never fond of "mrs." b/c men's titles don't change with marriage, so i disagree with a woman's changing with her name/marital status. soooooo...i always introduced myself to new students as 'MS.decides2dream." obviously, kids and their curiosity and all...in time...would ask if i were married, etc, why am i not 'mrs'...and i would tell them why and explained the differences between all the titles, male and female. however, more often than not, kids would call me 'miss'....basically b/c anyone who looked young was a 'miss' to them and older teachers were 'mrs.' :p haha.

i was just about giving up on being addressed correctly. then during one class, 3rd grade i think....yet again a student called me 'miss d2d' and a little boy proceeded to tell the other student that was NOT my name, and WHy it was not my name....got totally into the differentiation between 'ms,' mrs' and 'miss'...he got it absolutely right and i was completely dumb-founded. :D he was so spot on and adorable. at least someone was listening....

when i changed schools..i simply gave up and introduced myself as 'mrs. decides2dream'....and of course, was still called 'miss.' :o

This is the kind of "rule" that I clung to as a kid. I was unbelievable at just remembering anything anyone ever explained to me. I think I once gave a classmate the same explanation as this little boy did. I was awfully know-it-ally (hehe still am to a degree). But it always annoyed me when for example, our kindergarten teacher would explain the difference between Ms., Mrs., and Miss and one of my classmates still got it wrong. I was always like "don't you remember, we already learned that!!!" I still remember grammatical rules from my second grade teacher...of course as a kid I got pissed at anyone who forgot them.
  • Options
    This is the kind of "rule" that I clung to as a kid. I was unbelievable at just remembering anything anyone ever explained to me. I think I once gave a classmate the same explanation as this little boy did. I was awfully know-it-ally (hehe still am to a degree). But it always annoyed me when for example, our kindergarten teacher would explain the difference between Ms., Mrs., and Miss and one of my classmates still got it wrong. I was always like "don't you remember, we already learned that!!!" I still remember grammatical rules from my second grade teacher...of course as a kid I got pissed at anyone who forgot them.

yes, it definitely was along the lines of "yes, she explained all this already...we learned it....don't you know!" but he was so polite and matt-erof-fact about it, like a little college prof giving a lecture. it was a dorable. i have countless stories/experiences like that, but yea...my memory is failing me at the moment. that was the one story that popped into my head after reading the first post. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow