Options

well I went through with it

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
as I've posted before, I've been trying to get back into good shape after a year of what, for me, can pretty much be characterized as slacking off.

So, to motivate myself, I signed up for a half marathon. I've done one once before, but I was in good shape at the time...the half marathon is on February 24!!! that is not very far away!!!

and to make matters worse, for some reason I convinced my coworker to do it too, so now I really have to do it! eeekk!!!

ok everyone, keep your sugar cookies and eggnog away from me! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    good luck and stay motivated :)
  • Options
    That's awesome.. yeah I need to do one of those..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm officially signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in April. Yippee for me! Next would be a half-marathon, and then a full marathon, and then the world! I ran 10-miles on March 2, 2007, so I can do it. I would like a better speed, and just a more comfortable run since I purposely didn't focus on speed, but mileage. Should be cool :cool: It's all about the t-shirt anyway, eh?

Good job, GTD, keep it going. You can do it with gusto!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I'm officially signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in April. Yippee for me! Next would be a half-marathon, and then a full marathon, and then the world! I ran 10-miles on March 2, 2007, so I can do it. I would like a better speed, and just a more comfortable run since I purposely didn't focus on speed, but mileage. Should be cool :cool: It's all about the t-shirt anyway, eh?

Good job, GTD, keep it going. You can do it with gusto!

oh yeah, it's TOTALLY about the tshirt :).

it's kinda sad that I probably won't get as a good of a time this time around, but I really need a set date by which I need to be in shape.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    good luck GTD

it's good to challenge yourself, and a great feeling when you accomplish it :o
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    good luck!! Its not a lot of time but a great way to get motivated. I am hoping to do a half marathon next January. I had to give
    myself a year :)
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    i'll never be motivated to get in shape

i'm not in bad shape but i could lose a few lbs
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    break a leg!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    brain of c wrote:
    break a leg!

Hehehe.

I rely on sweating under stage lights, Elvis-style, for my exercise these days. :D