Options

My Pearl Jam Life..Rants from Red Mosqito

Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Tonight, to my surprise I found myself with the rare occurrence of having a evening off with nothing to do and no one that I was I responsible for their well being. To enjoy this occasion I decided that I would indulge my PJ passion by putting on a couple PJ boots, firing up a nice green bowl and reading some of the reviews from the latest '08 shows to pass the time...ah, priceless indeed!!

As I started to read the various post though, I found myself becoming very nostalgic about my own PJ experiences (I guess since I'm closing in on 40 it's inevitable). This got me to pull out all my old ticket stubs and had me sifting through the various memorabilia and I've accumulated over the years which was an absolute blast to look at and reflect back to those moments and all of the people I've had the pleasure of meeting merely by following this band!!!! All good times indeed!

And as I was looking through all of this stuff and reviewing my PJ concert setlist document (uh? don't you all have one of these?? lol) it was crazy all the little interesting tidbits that I realized just now as I look back on things and I thought I would share them with you all and you all could keep it going by sharing yours.

-I've seen PJ 23 times - the interesting tidbit to this is that until this evening I thought I had attended 25 shows with 7/18/06 being my 25th. After ticket stub count I realized I have two to go still..lol. Just another reason to be hopeful for a West Coast announcement!!! =)

-I should change my screenname to be Mr.October (and probably would consider it if it weren't for my distaste of the Yankees) as I've seen the band 11 times in this month alone..12 if you throw in EV's BSB performance. That accounts for a whopping 48% of my total number of shows attended!

-I've seen PJ 3 times on Halloween

-My "10th" October show was Benaroya Hall...and that show was a "10" indeed! This was also the first time I was lucky enough to meet Ed and some of the boys!

-I've been to at least one BSB performance every year that PJ were officially on the bill with the exception of '92 and '06. Back in '92 I can attribute that to not being in tune yet to all the PJ happenings and in '06 my wife was due to deliver our daughter a week later so I painstakingly passed on going as I know I needed to be there for her.

-30% of the PJ shows I've attended have been all acoustic performances.

-Release(4), Long Road(3), Sometimes(3), Of The Girl(2) and Go(2) are my most commonly played openers that I've witnessed.

-I've only seen PJ 3 times outside of California. Out of the 20 CA shows, 19 of those have been in the Bay Area.

- 9 out of the 23 shows I've attended have unfortunately been at the Shoreline Ampitheater in Mountain View, CA. Don't get me wrong it's a great shed for music and all...but if you don't score decent seats you're left feeling disconnected from the show I've always felt. So glad when they changed it up and played in SF back in '06..much better vibe & intensity to those shows!!!

-It took me 11 years and 16 shows to get my first front row experience and ironically enough it happened in the luckiest place on Earth, VEGAS '03!!! So I should be due again when I'm nearing 50..LoL.

....well it's late.

Peace,

RM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
    I enjoyed reading that, thanks for sharing. ^_^
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Thx for that.....Great stuff...I love reading stuff like that.....Years of PJ...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......